2018 4* RB James Cook

ellitor

18 offers including AU, UGA, LSU, FSU
Likely to visit soon & AU is in this more than most think per a tweet & VIP article title by Keith

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a huge pick up if it happens.  Not sure how much of real player we are as I suspect we are behind both UGA and FSU.   A lot will say he's not the type of back our offense needs but he has everything you want in a running back in todays game.  Take it to the house speed, vision, 1 cut back/and shake and bake/, sets up his blocks and knows when to take a hit and when not to.  His ability to hit the homerun inside and out is what our offense has been missing from the running back spot.  If Bubba were a 4.6 guy and not a 4.8 guy he'd probably have 10 more TD's last year.  

But to add to this  coach Porter is making him a huge priority.  He will lands us a very solid TE and hopefully close on some people like this kid.  

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I suspect we are behind both UGA and FSU.

FSU is not in his top 3 FWIW. It's an all SEC battle right now.

Just now, ellitor said:

FSU is not in his top 3 FWIW.

Good to hear.  I would put us firmly in his top 2 then unless another team comes along.  I do think this kid needs to take a break after July and concentrate on making the right decision for himself.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Good to hear.  I would put us firmly in his top 2 then unless another team comes along.  I do think this kid needs to take a break after July and concentrate on making the right decision for himself.  

LSU is right there with us behind UGA.

Anybody mind if I dust off the ol' Kenny Irons comparison? Like @corchjay says, vision, speed, 1-cut guy... can probably get up around 200-205 by his RS FR/SO year if needed...

Want.

Any relation to Dalvin?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Anybody mind if I dust off the ol' Kenny Irons comparison? Like @corchjay says, vision, speed, 1-cut guy... can probably get up around 200-205 by his RS FR/SO year if needed...

Want.

Any relation to Dalvin?

Brother

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

He's Dalvin's brother and FSU isn't a top contender?!?!  That's a little strange.  

Same position and would be almost impossible to fulfill what his brother did as I thought he was the best RB in the nation last year.   They run very similar.  If James dedicates himself to the weight room like Dalvin did I could easily see him playing at 210.  

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LSU is right there with us behind UGA.

How many RBs is LSU planning to take?  Seems like half their class is RBs.

8 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

He's Dalvin's brother and FSU isn't a top contender?!?!  That's a little strange.  

Decommitted from them a week ago & looks like they are on the outside looking in. He's been rumored to decommit from them for the past 6 months FWIW.

Provens won't be a RB for them like he wouldn't have been for us or bammer.  UTk might have been his only opportunity to be RB.  Plus they just had another RB decommit.  You'll see a lot of turn over on their commits this year.  Coach O is taking everyone now for momentum plus I think they are planning on signing around 27-28 this year

3 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

How many RBs is LSU planning to take?  Seems like half their class is RBs.

3. They lost one RB commit after getting the commit a week earlier. 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Provens won't be a RB for them like he wouldn't have been for us or bammer.  UTk might have been his only opportunity to be RB.  Plus they just had another RB decommit.  You'll see a lot of turn over on their commits this year.  Coach O is taking everyone now for momentum plus I think they are planning on signing around 27-28 this year

^^^^THIS

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

LSU has Guice and really not much after that. I'd say 3. 

and THIS^^^^

I'll go with Pierce...looks like he can run with power, something I didn't see form the one Cook video I watched.

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'll go with Pierce...looks like he can run with power, something I didn't see form the one Cook video I watched.

Cook is a lot more explosive though & if he grows like his brother in the weight room he will not lack in the power department at all. Cook is an elite back. Pierce is a solid power back.

2 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

better back:  Cook or Pierce?

Cook is the better back.  Cook is elite.  5 starish.  DP is a very good SEC quality back lower level 4 star.  Cook will be a 20 carry a game type back.  

24 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Cook feels like a Bama commit. It's a matter of Dominos on the RB class, just need the first to fall.

With respect...Huh? Bama is not even a finalist.

All 3 finalist have 1 or 2 backs committed in their class & still want 1 more. AU is the only 1 of the 3 to not a have feature back committed right now.

The dominos have already fallen.  The Top 3 backs were committed.  Lingard, White, and Cook.  Cook decommitted.  All 3 of these are 5 star material.  Then you have the power backs like Snead, Teague and DP a notch down from those.  Also factor in the inside out guys like Martin and you basically have the big fish all there.  So for top backs for us it comes down to Cook, DP, or Martin (unless Teague decides to flip) forgot to add Joiner in here.  So essentially in our recruiting area we are in on the top remaining 4 backs.

Backups would be Smoke, Butterbean and so forth and expect others to pop up as their senior years go on.

Archived