2018 4* RB James Cook

ellitor

If James can be any way close to as good as his brother,I want him to be a Tiger.His brother was a outstanding back.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting Cook would be huge for Auburn's backfield. Heck, there's a good chance he'd see playing time as a true freshman.

17 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Anybody/ @ellitor know what Cook/Mrs. Cook is looking for from a school? Playing time, education, family feel, etc..couldn't find online

thanks

Mama didn't say in the interview today. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

With respect...Huh? Bama is not even a finalist.

All 3 finalist have 1 or 2 backs committed in their class & still want 1 more. AU is the only 1 of the 3 to not a have feature back committed right now.

Nothing I said indicated they were a finalist, it was an opinion that he feels like a player that would commit to and fit in with Bama. 

With respect to the dominos, several targets have common top groups. Even though the top RBs in the class are committed, none were high on AU. So that's a little irrelevant. Since each of the common top teams are looking to take 1 more, things will clear up when the first back commits to one of those schools.

Didn't seem like an outlandish statement when I posted...

2 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Nothing I said indicated they were a finalist, it was an opinion that he feels like a player that would commit to and fit in with Bama. 

With respect to the dominos, several targets have common top groups. Even though the top RBs in the class are committed, none were high on AU. So that's a little irrelevant. Since each of the common top teams are looking to take 1 more, things will clear up when the first back commits to one of those schools.

Didn't seem like an outlandish statement when I posted...

I'm sorry I offended you. I really was trying to go out of my way to not do that. I was just confused about the Bama reference & inquired about it.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I'm sorry I offended you. I really was trying to go out of my way to not do that. I was just confused about the Bama reference & unquired about it.

All good

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

I would definitely say that any RBs we get this year will see playing time next year.

Not necessarily. Remember Miller has been moved to TB. For 2018 as of now we will have KJ, Miller, a bulked up  Barrett, & Bubba if he stays available to take feature back carries. It's hard to get feature back carries in the SEC as a 180 lb freshman which is what Cook is on both counts.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. Remember Miller has been moved to TB. For 2018 as of now we will have KJ, Miller, a bulked up  Barrett, & Bubba if he stays available to take feature back carries. It's hard to get feature back carries in the SEC as a 180 lb freshman which is what Cook is on both counts.

Yeah, I guess I was just thinking that KJ & Bubba would both be gone after this year.  I know that they will both have eligibility left and maybe KJ doesn't leave.  I do think if KP has the year we all expect then he will likely be gone next year.  If KJ & KP are gone then we will have Miller, Barrett & Williams.  At least that was my thinking on why I said any RB would get playing time.

29 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Yeah, I guess I was just thinking that KJ & Bubba would both be gone after this year.  I know that they will both have eligibility left and maybe KJ doesn't leave.  I do think if KP has the year we all expect then he will likely be gone next year.  If KJ & KP are gone then we will have Miller, Barrett & Williams.  At least that was my thinking on why I said any RB would get playing time.

I don't see a scenario of KJ leaving FWIW.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I don't see a scenario of KJ leaving FWIW.

I think the odds are slim, but I can see if KP gets injured and KJ steps up without injury and shows he can be an every down back & can catch out of the back field.  I could see his NFL stock rise high enough that he would consider leaving.  Outside of all of these conditions magically happening, then I would agree with you.  But even with KJ back next year, I think we are going to be looking for that bruising back next year and I don't know that that RB is on campus yet.  If JC is anything like his brother, then he will have that ability.  Maybe not as a true freshman, but who knows.

13 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I think the odds are slim, but I can see if KP gets injured and KJ steps up without injury and shows he can be an every down back & can catch out of the back field.  I could see his NFL stock rise high enough that he would consider leaving.  Outside of all of these conditions magically happening, then I would agree with you.  But even with KJ back next year, I think we are going to be looking for that bruising back next year and I don't know that that RB is on campus yet.  If JC is anything like his brother, then he will have that ability.  Maybe not as a true freshman, but who knows.

Even in that scenario I don't see KJ putting up numbers in 1 season to go pro. Remember RBs aren't valued highly overall in the draft & the ones who go pro early have been putting up #s for multiple years.

Malik Miller is the bruising back if he stays healthy & protects the ball.

14 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

247 has an headline suggesting that Cook has a new leader. 

Not a new leader. It's the same article where info came from in the OP & subsequent posts on the first page of the thread.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Even in that scenario I don't see KJ putting up numbers in 1 season to go pro. Remember RBs aren't valued highly overall in the draft & the ones who go pro early have been putting up #s for multiple years.

Malik Miller is the bruising back if he stays healthy & protects the ball.

KJ will not leave until he graduates. Cook is getting very interesting. Porter might deliver. Cook wanting to go to UGA and play 2nd fiddle to Zeus would be a mistake anyway.

47 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Cook wanting to go to UGA and play 2nd fiddle to Zeus would be a mistake anyway.

Not necessarily. UGA splits reps with their top backs pretty well.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes in the pass with Mark they did not sure just yet what moped head will handle it but I understand what your saying

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but they signed 5 star swift last year also. Also if chubb stays healthy he would have been getting majority of carries 25 to Sony 10 imo.

Mother of five-star RB James Cook names a frontrunner in the recruitment of her son

Five-star running back James Cook recently de-committed from Florida State just this month and may have already have a new favorite among the schools recruiting him. His mother, Varondria Burnett, said that Georgia makes him “feel at home” the most. It would appear that she now knows who the frontrunner for her son is in his recruitment as well.

She told 247Sports that Georgia is the favorite and has become the top school for him because of the running back situation and the familial feel to the staff.

“We love Georgia. We love Georgia. We love Georgia. James will be committing in December during the early signing period. We should know by then. But we love Georgia. Definitely, love Georgia. Georgia would be the frontrunner. We love Georgia.”

Reading that you might think they love the Bulldogs right now. They have a visit to Athens scheduled for July 21-23 and are still planning on making their other visits to some of his top schools, but those dates are not yet known. The 5’11”, 181-pound running back is ranked as a five-star prospect and No. 3 running back in the country by Rivals.

The race for the Florida State legacy — he is the brother of Dalvin Cook — is believed to be down to just the Seminoles and Dawgs, but it sounds like Burnett and Cook will do their due diligence by taking some of those other visits. Louisville, LSU and Auburn were also mentioned by Burnett as places she wants to visit with her son and could get seriously into the mix if they do the right things on those visits.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Mother of five-star RB James Cook names a frontrunner in the recruitment of her son

Five-star running back James Cook recently de-committed from Florida State just this month and may have already have a new favorite among the schools recruiting him. His mother, Varondria Burnett, said that Georgia makes him “feel at home” the most. It would appear that she now knows who the frontrunner for her son is in his recruitment as well.

RELATED: James Cook’s mom says UGA makes him ‘feel at home’

She told 247Sports that Georgia is the favorite and has become the top school for him because of the running back situation and the familial feel to the staff.

“We love Georgia. We love Georgia. We love Georgia. James will be committing in December during the early signing period. We should know by then. But we love Georgia. Definitely, love Georgia. Georgia would be the frontrunner. We love Georgia.”

Reading that you might think they love the Bulldogs right now. They have a visit to Athens scheduled for July 21-23 and are still planning on making their other visits to some of his top schools, but those dates are not yet known. The 5’11”, 181-pound running back is ranked as a five-star prospect and No. 3 running back in the country by Rivals.

The race for the Florida State legacy — he is the brother of Dalvin Cook — is believed to be down to just the Seminoles and Dawgs, but it sounds like Burnett and Cook will do their due diligence by taking some of those other visits. Louisville, LSU and Auburn were also mentioned by Burnett as places she wants to visit with her son and could get seriously into the mix if they do the right things on those visits.

http://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sec/georgia/verondria-burnett-james-cook-five-star-rb-frontrunner/

ok...lol  wow!! 

As noted it will be an uphill battle for Cook but he is listening and that's the best we can hope at this point.  For talents like this you spend the time to recruit if they are listening when they don't seem interested you move on but for now I think he is interested in what coach Porter is selling.  Let's see how it plays out.  I'd still put it 75% dawgs and 25% another team with Auburn being one of those.  

Archived