2018 4* RB James Cook

ellitor

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Rarely do RBs get drafted in the 1st round anymore.  I know I wouldn't regardless of how talented.  You can still get a quality back in the 3-4 rounds.  What did D. Henry go, 2nd round?  

Maybe negative recruiting by saying we over work our primary back.  Long term I'd say 18 carries a game average is a good number.  Not 27-30.  Just to much damage to the body now.  

Yeah, I could see that point.  Thanks.

I have to assume we will consider JUCO backs.  True?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Yeah, I could see that point.  Thanks.

I have to assume we will consider JUCO backs.  True?

seriously doubt it.  No quality out there.  This class needs to be the backups to Miller and Barrett.  Starters in 2019-2020.  That's how you win long term.  Depth on top of Depth.  

Funny thing is GA is promoting the Thunder / Lightening combo of Chub and Michell and how both will be leaving next year and he and Z. White are the future.  We also have a Thunder / Lightening running game, but I guess we don't sell it enough. 

25 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Funny thing is GA is promoting the Thunder / Lightening combo of Chub and Michell and how both will be leaving next year and he and Z. White are the future.  We also have a Thunder / Lightening running game, but I guess we don't sell it enough. 

Kids that are studs in high school and being told how great they are don't want to hear anything about being the change up back or being a 3rd down back or being lightning.  They want to hear that they are awesome and that they are one of the top two backs that we are recruiting this year.  To most kids, not all, telling them that they would be a great 3rd down back is akin to telling a great offensive lineman that he would be your perfect long snapper.

30 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Kirby learned about backdoor business deals from the best...  No other way I can explain it.  

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Kirby learned about backdoor business deals from the best...  No other way I can explain it.  

This. I believe Z White wears number 34 because of his hero which is Bo am I correct here?  I still take MT and give UGA Cook and White that's how good I believe MT would be. 

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

This is what I have been thinking for over a month,  but didn't want to write b/c I know I am a  Homer and didn't want To sound like a whiner.  I truly believe there is some funny Stuff going on at UGA as they are landing such talent..

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

This is what I have been thinking for over a month,  but didn't want to write b/c I know I am a  Homer and didn't want To sound like a whiner.  I truly believe there is some funny Stuff going on at UGA as they are landing such talent..

It's possible but I don't know for sure.  I think Kirby leans heavily on telling kids what they want to hear using Saban and Bama as his examples when recruiting kids.  It's not hard to tell kids we need multiple RBs every year because they will all be needed and they will be fresh for the NFL just like we did at Bama.

13 hours ago, Beaker said:

Georgia's always landed major talent.  They are just notorious for doing the least with that talent once they have it.  Let's face it more top backs in the NFL have come out of Georgia that pretty much any other school... and none of them have won even an SEC Championship.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Georgia's always landed major talent.  They are just notorious for doing the least with that talent once they have it.  Let's face it more top backs in the NFL have come out of Georgia that pretty much any other school... and none of them have won even an SEC Championship.

Concur, but it seems to me they are landing more talent than normal.    And I am sore that we can't land any of our top RB targets in the "thumper" category.  

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

Concur, but it seems to me they are landing more talent than normal.    And I am sore that we can't land any of our top RB targets in the "thumper" category.  

I hear you.... I was the driver of the Cam Akers bandwagon last year.

Despite what you think of AU's offense, the fact of the matter remains Auburn has had a player rush for over 1,000 yards eight or nine years in a row. And if the NFL thinks you're good enough they will find you.

Archived