The Myth of the Lopsided Rivalry

OnthePlains

On 7/13/2017 at 10:44 PM, Tigerbelle said:

That doesn't bother me because when we beat them especially lately it is in such spectacular fashion that they can never forget and they never get over the loss. All bammer has is that goal line thing against Penn State way back in the past and nobody talks about it now. 2010 was the Iron Bowl Cam-back. They still hate us for that. Then of course there's the greatest Iron Bowl defeat ever....The Kick Six. That was an epic win and will always be the most famous. Auburn also has Bo the greatest athlete ever and the Bo Over the Top game. These games are still discussed and they belong to Auburn. When bammer beats AU it's nothing much because it's usually when things aren't lined up right for our team's season anyway. I think we deal them bigger blows in the long run.

I much rather win 36-0 against them and it be a complete and utter beatdown than win on something like the kick 6. Kick 6 is more memorable and is one of the most iconic plays ever but there is nothing more satisfying than dismantling a rival in every phase of the game for 4 quarters. The 2014 LSU game and the arky game last year are 2 of my favorites games since our national title.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2017 at 11:56 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Other interesting tidbits:

Nick Saban has one (1) undefeated season.

Bama has one more undefeated season than Auburn.

If you think Bama's current run is "unprecedented" or "not likely to happen again soon" your knowledge of college football history - even the modern era - is extremely truncated.

sports are weird.  2 all time greats who have a grand total of 2 undefeated seasons between them but also have 8 combined national titles. Urban Meyer with all of his coaching greatness only has 1 undefeated season ever and that was the 12-0 season when ohio state could not go to a bowl and was on probation his first year there. yet gene chizik and larry coker both have undefeated seasons. #lolzsports

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I much rather win 36-0 against them and it be a complete and utter beatdown than win on something like the kick 6. Kick 6 is more memorable and is one of the most iconic plays ever but there is nothing more satisfying than dismantling a rival in every phase of the game for 4 quarters. The 2014 LSU game and the arky game last year are 2 of my favorites games since our national title.

36-0 would be a great halftime score :)

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The 2007 Blackout game is still uga fans' favorite game since their national title, I think. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The 2007 Blackout game is still uga fans' favorite game since their national title, I think. 

Probaly Verne's as well...... That still overcooks my grits.

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Probaly Verne's as well...... That still overcooks my grits.

Overcooks my grits!!! Hilarious. But yeah, good riddance to eli gold's porcine twin. I'll never forget his dejected "Oh... no" when Ricardo caught that pass against the leghumpers in '13. 

Image result for verne lundquist

Image result for eli gold alabama

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Overcooks my grits!!! Hilarious. But yeah, good riddance to eli gold's porcine twin. I'll never forget his dejected "Oh... no" when Ricardo caught that pass against the leghumpers in '13. 

Image result for verne lundquist

Image result for eli gold alabama

I just hope verne does not SLIDE in to fans of rocky tops DM's like creepy uncle eli does lol. Haha I got overcooked my grits from the man the myth the LEGEND Coach Herman Boone!!!

On July 12, 2017 at 2:41 PM, gr82be said:

One thing that bugs me is that in my 47 years of being an Auburn fan is the fact that we haven't beaten them soundly. 10 point margin has been the best we could do. I would love to see a rout. 1969 was a blowout but a little before my awareness of Auburn football. The first quarter of the 05 game was a cruel joke by Tuberville because I thought it was finally going to happen. It was not to be. :angry:

Yes the 49-26 game was phenomenal. The Auburn Band (which I played in) and I were sitting behind the end zone and it was crazy when the punt was faked.

On 7/18/2017 at 10:20 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I get where you're coming from but I will say this.  The Kick Six not only propelled AU to the SEC & BCS but kept bammer out!  I'll take those for as long as I have breath in my lungs over "forgetable" massacres. Those beatdowns of AU by the turds merely kept Gus out of the Awful Waffle, etc.

Now a 36-oh beat down of an, til then, undefeated tahd that actually sends AU to the SEC, etc?  THAT would be most satisfying...

Archived