Kick-off for Ga. Southern 630PM

tigerman1186

When will the SEC set the time for the Ga. Southern game?? I thought they would have stated something at the Media Days...

And you base this on w h a t???

I'm saying 7 oclock game. And i base this on the fact i am going and would like it to be a night game 

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Noon kickoffs in Jordan-Hare should be prohibited by law.

especially in September..... i thought i was going to stroke out at the arky game a few years back when we opened with them. Hell it was so hot i didn't even touch the flask of whisky i snuck in!

I've been trying to figure this out myself. I'm really hoping our game is in the afternoon so it doesn't conflict with the UAT-FSU game at 7pm.

The Auburn game will not be on ESPN or ESPNU since those slots are all booked up. There are three SEC teams without game times announced (Auburn, Mizzou, and Miss St.). ESPN2 isn't currently scheduled for any games, so that could be a wildcard. If all three TBA games fall to the SEC Network then I would guess our game would get the night slot since Mizzou and Miss St. both play FCS teams.

Didn't we just have another thread on this? But yup I'd venture to say 7 CT on SEC Network based on the day's schedule.

Thanks ptb.

During media days they alluded to which game would be the new SECN primetime crew's (Tom Hart, Jordan Rodgers, Cole Cubelic) first call together, but wouldn't come out and say it. Be nice to have Cole on the sidelines and a night game for those attending. 

Other hand, Rodgers sucks, he's a poor man's Jesse Palmer and that's just plain sad! 

4 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Didn't we just have another thread on this? But yup I'd venture to say 7 CT on SEC Network based on the day's schedule.

Thanks ptb.

During media days they alluded to which game would be the new SECN primetime crew's (Tom Hart, Jordan Rodgers, Cole Cubelic) first call together, but wouldn't come out and say it. Be nice to have Cole on the sidelines and a night game for those attending. 

Other hand, Rodgers sucks, he's a poor man's Jesse Palmer and that's just plain sad! 

Yeah, not looking forward to listening to Rodgers at all.

7 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Thanks ptb.

WO WO WO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLD UP THERE BOSS HOG!!!!!!!!! Lets pump those breaks. Rodgers is really really good at what he does. He is very knowledgeable. He showed that at Sec media days and the games he called last year. He went in depth with great analysis on all the questions he was asked by the host. He holds no punches in his opinions either. I loved him calling out Gus debating if he could really let chip fully run his offense or will he yank it back after a bad couple of drives! It is like he has been a Auburn fan for the last 4 years and the MADNESS of stubborn gus! lol. He comes across as very articulate and shows no bias! I mean he went to vandy so he will not be like a frickin stinchcomb and show clear bias against us or the other sec schools. He had great things to say about Auburn and said we were the only threat to challenge alabama this season and it is up to gus to let chip run HIS offense. HIS WHOLE offense and not a version of his offense that gus wants it to be.

7 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Thanks ptb.

Yeah.  Rodgers is among the worse announcers out there and its a pretty large group too.  :lol:   Cole Cubelic does a pretty decent job but that crew as a whole will be painful to listen to for 3 or more hours.   At least Jesse Palmer has actually developed as an announcer.  He's not nearly as horrible as he used to be, IMO.  I would still prefer to not hear him but he's light years more knowledgeable than Rodgers will ever be (although that's not saying much).   Rodgers is just terrible.

14 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Yeah.  Rodgers is among the worse announcers out there and its a pretty large group too.  :lol:   Cole Cubelic does a pretty decent job but that crew as a whole will be painful to listen to for 3 or more hours.   At least Jesse Palmer has actually developed as an announcer.  He's not nearly as horrible as he used to be, IMO.  I would still prefer to not hear him but he's light years more knowledgeable than Rodgers will ever be (although that's not saying much).   Rodgers is just terrible.

Well he did play at Vanderbilt ;D

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WO WO WO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLD UP THERE BOSS HOG!!!!!!!!! Lets pump those breaks. Rodgers is really really good at what he does. He is very knowledgeable. He showed that at Sec media days and the games he called last year. He went in depth with great analysis on all the questions he was asked by the host. He holds no punches in his opinions either. I loved him calling out Gus debating if he could really let chip fully run his offense or will he yank it back after a bad couple of drives! It is like he has been a Auburn fan for the last 4 years and the MADNESS of stubborn gus! lol. He comes across as very articulate and shows no bias! I mean he went to vandy so he will not be like a frickin stinchcomb and show clear bias against us or the other sec schools. He had great things to say about Auburn and said we were the only threat to challenge alabama this season and it is up to gus to let chip run HIS offense. HIS WHOLE offense and not a version of his offense that gus wants it to be.

LOL, say what ya want but Rodgers also stated that JF3 was a cancer in the Auburn QB room last year. He couldn't even make that stank stick to the wall with his super duty hairspray...

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Yeah that's why I said Rodgers was a poor man's Palmer. 

5 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

secsports.com has it starting at noon.

12 am EDT or 11pm CDT on 9/1

4 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Yes, but swap the 'am' and 'pm'.

Where is PM? All SEC Sports knows is the game is scheduled for 9/2. Not time has been announced.

On 7/14/2017 at 4:44 PM, gravejd said:

especially in September..... i thought i was going to stroke out at the arky game a few years back when we opened with them. Hell it was so hot i didn't even touch the flask of whisky i snuck in!

I was at that game. Out there baking like a rotisserie chicken! Not again! October and November games for me only after that.

It was criminal of them to make Arky in 2014 a day game. Most miserable I've ever been at a three touchdown win over an SEC team.

JP had the '97 ole miss game kick at 11am, SEC opener on sep 13. that's the hottest I've ever been at a football game. hot, humid and not a cloud in the sky. if GSU kicks at lunch I will have 2 and a parking pass for sale.

It's got that old 4:00pm CT pay per view feel to it.  Less than a 3rd tier game, but 'surely we can find some people in Alabama and Georgia to pay to watch it' ?

Just saw that there were no slots yet for SEC Network on 9/2. Given that there's three games that haven't been announced, it's all but confirmed for SECN. Probably night.

Archived