Marcello predicts 10 wins

RunInRed

with auburn playing four cupcakes i would hope they win more than ten games.

I put my money on Clemson as the most likely loss.  In my expert opinion, worst case scenario for the season 12-2 with losses to Clemson and first round of play off.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

with auburn playing four cupcakes i would hope they win more than ten games.

Which SEC team are you including as a "cupcake"?

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Bammer - We destroy them this year.

I like the way you think...Need more like you.

2 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I put my money on Clemson as the most likely loss.  In my expert opinion, worst case scenario for the season 12-2 with losses to Clemson and first round of play off.

I just can't see this team losing if they get to the playoff... no way. I'm thinking 1-2 losses during the regular season though.

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Unless major injuries occur 10 should be expected. The schedule is tough but when isn't it in the SEC West? 

I agree. We have 3 OOC cupcakes, Mizzou, OM, MSU, TAM, and ARK that we should win. Really we may not win all of those games but on paper we have the better team (as of today). Out of those I think ARK on the road will be the toughest followed by TAM. If we win those 8 games that leaves uga, lsu, alabama, and clemson. Uga has our number, we have not won at LSU in 18 years, clemson is on the road and the defending national champs in week 2, and then there is alabama who just always wins just about every game. This is no cupcake by a long shot but if we are to really take the next step we HAVE to win some of these games. 

As others have said it really starts with clemson. I think they may be the most talented team we play this year. I think their defense will be even stronger than alabama's. If we beat them on the road at night, we can beat anyone. 

IMO Mizzou, Ole Miss, Arky, Miss St are conference games that we should be pissed about if we lose. Arky/Ole Miss/Miss St all gave us L's in recent history so we pretty much owe them 5 consecutive beat downs each for true order to be restored.

TAMU/LSU/UGA/Bama are all teams that on a year-to-year basis have the same level of talent that we have. These are our main competitors IMO and are the games that determine how well our season goes. If we drop all of them in any given year that usually puts our coach on the hot seat bc talent discrepancy should rarely be an issue. Due to our past couple years of being vastly inexperienced I think splitting these big 4 games should've had us feeling OK. This year, we have to go 3-1 minimum IMO, not as some baseline for Gus to meet to keep his job but because we have more than enough experienced talent to actually beat all 4 of these teams.

I'm omitting Clemson because that's an OOC game and very early when we have a new OC and a new QB. It will be forgivable to lose that one and will have less impact towards our playoff hopes. JMO

ol miss or mizzou are actually tied for me for numba four cupcake.with few returning starters at ol miss i think they tank this year. but i am no football whiz i just have fun with it.......

TIFWIW but one of the radio hosts had AU finishing 4th in SEC West.  Their argument was Fitzgerald is going to shine this year and LSU is going to come together under Coach O.  Now that is just one person's opinion and AU was 2nd in media votes from SEC Media days to win the SEC.  I just don't know that I would lump Cowbell U in with Mizzou, Ole Miss & Arky.

Media is basically always wrong when picking the SEC Champ (I feel like there are articles giving the exact % of times they are actually correct) so I'm glad they don't have us winning the West

man o man the hype is starting to sink in. I know football season is getting close when folks start talking like AU is in a league with LSU and bama all by ourselves. I like the idea of ol miss going back to cupcake status but they haven't been one for several years now and they have a QB that was pretty highly rated last year. Then you have MS St. who finished last year strong as hell and brings a lot of folks back. A&M are going to be able to score on everyone so thats been a toss up since they joined the SEC. I know we beat Arky by 50 last year but that blow out loss isn't going to help us any this year and they will be pissed as hell about that beat down. I'll continue to put an L next to the UGA game until we actually beat them for once in the last half dozen years. We've been the better team in that game for the last 2 years and we see how that went. Debbie downer over here i know but this roller coaster that has been AU football for oh i dont know....my entire life makes it really hard for me to see where all this confidence is coming from. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

ol miss or mizzou are actually tied for me for numba four cupcake.with few returning starters at ol miss i think they tank this year. but i am no football whiz i just have fun with it.......

I think it's hard to consider any SEC team as a cupcake this year. I agree, we should beat those teams, but I'm not going into them expecting to win by 40+ points no matter our record (ie Alabama St in 2012 was a cupcake, even though we didn't win a single SEC game, we still beat them by 40+ points)

Idk about y'all but I'm really glad that we have a bye week before Texas a&m. That 3 game road streak will be unmercifully brutal.

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

IMO Mizzou, Ole Miss, Arky, Miss St are conference games that we should be pissed about if we lose. Arky/Ole Miss/Miss St all gave us L's in recent history so we pretty much owe them 5 consecutive beat downs each for true order to be restored.

TAMU/LSU/UGA/Bama are all teams that on a year-to-year basis have the same level of talent that we have. These are our main competitors IMO and are the games that determine how well our season goes....

Was with you until the bammer thing.  A sportswriter the other day pointed out just how deep bammer really is by mentioning that the sixth string running back on that team across the state is a former five star recruit.  AU, LSU. aTm all have the talent to at least compete. but all those Dodge Chargers...er....I mean consecutive consensus number one recruiting classes add up after a while.  I've often said that $abear has underperformed for the talent level he has.  If he were a better game day coach, bammer should not ever lose a game.

Honestly the only team i see that we should even struggle with is bama. Im not buying the hype with any of these other teams. Clemson could barely get it done last year against an offense that featured heavily a whirlybird and a revolving door of quarterbacks. I think we will destroy lsu in death valley and i think revenge will be on the mind for the dawg game. Should set up for a legendary iron bowl. 

1 hour ago, cammycam2 said:

Honestly the only team i see that we should even struggle with is bama. Im not buying the hype with any of these other teams. Clemson could barely get it done last year against an offense that featured heavily a whirlybird and a revolving door of quarterbacks. I think we will destroy lsu in death valley and i think revenge will be on the mind for the dawg game. Should set up for a legendary iron bowl. 

Yeah I feel you on the Clemson Game. Our offense got better and there's worse. So if we almost beat them with that crap imagine what we do this year. I wish I shared your confidence for the LSU game though. You talk about revenge...It will be on LSU's mind...It should be on our player's minds more than anything though because they're doing it for this year and all the auburn teams in these 18 years that have traveled to death valley and did not get the job done. That game is going to be something else.

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah I feel you on the Clemson Game. Our offense got better and there's worse. So if we almost beat them with that crap imagine what we do this year. I wish I shared your confidence for the LSU game though. You talk about revenge...It will be on LSU's mind...It should be on our player's minds more than anything though because they're doing it for this year and all the auburn teams in these 18 years that have traveled to death valley and did not get the job done. That game is going to be something else.

I truly feel that we will not only beat lsu, but i feel as though we will dismantle them. I dont feel they have all the pieces of the puzzle to keep up. If im really being brave, i feel they will be one of the worst teams in the SEC west this year. Thats just my opiniom. I know many people feel they have a lot going for them but im not sure why

To me the two toughest will be LSU and Bama. IMO, If we come out of red stick with the win, we will not lose against bama. The confidence that winning at night in death valley will be insurmountable.

To me the biggest game to determine how well the season goes will be the Clemson game.  Win that one and I think the confidence will only get better from that win.   The rest will be determined by injuries.   If we are pretty lucky with the injuries, we might run the table until bama 

Archived