Marcello predicts 10 wins

RunInRed

To get to 10 wins in regular season, AU has to go at worst 2-2 vs Clemson, LSU, UGA and Bama with no slip-ups against anyone else. Gus is a combined 4-9 vs those 4 teams to date. He will have to really flip some trends to get to that 10 win total. I think the Clemson game will tell us a lot. They lost a lot, but they're very talented, their player development is good, it's on the road and we'll see how the Chip/Gus offense works when things get dicey which I feel sure they will at some point during the game.

4 games will tell a lot. LSU, UGA, Bama and Clemson . Not going to overlook Clemson . Great coaching staff with talent .  LSU is LSU. UGA is Gus's kryptonite . Absolutely should not lose the other games .

I expect 10 wins but I just can't accept losing to GA,LSU, Clemson, or Bama. Because of what happened last year and years past..I just can't. Thinking I'll bump that up to 11 and accept a loss to Texas a&m.

I'm thinking we end up 9-3.  I'm counting a loss at Clemson, a loss somewhere in the Miss St through aTm stretch, and then a loss to UGA or bama. 

I can't see why fans go ahead and count a game as a loss or a win before the teams even start Fall camp.  Heck, even after. People get too worked over preseason predictions. 

On 7/14/2017 at 1:23 PM, gravejd said:

man o man the hype is starting to sink in. I know football season is getting close when folks start talking like AU is in a league with LSU and bama all by ourselves. I like the idea of ol miss going back to cupcake status but they haven't been one for several years now and they have a QB that was pretty highly rated last year.  You do know they finished 5-7 last year and LAST in the SEC west right?  They've have 1 season in the last 5 where they lost fewer than 4 games.  They also have a 19-21 record in conference play over that period.Then you have MS St. who finished last year strong as hell and brings a lot of folks back. I guess we have vastly different definitions for finishing strong.  They beat a bad ole miss team and then barely beat Miami (OHIO) in the bowl game.  They finished 2-2 in the last 4 and 6-7 over all.   A&M are going to be able to score on everyone so thats been a toss up since they joined the SEC.   I know we beat Arky by 50 last year but that blow out loss isn't going to help us any this year and they will be pissed as hell about that beat down. I'll continue to put an L next to the UGA game until we actually beat them for once in the last half dozen years. We've been the better team in that game for the last 2 years and we see how that went. Debbie downer over here i know but this roller coaster that has been AU football for oh i dont know....my entire life makes it really hard for me to see where all this confidence is coming from. 

It's great to be talking football again with the season approaching...

Ole miss offense is not a cupcake whatsoever. That offense will be a force to be reckoned with. They will be a cupcake again once shea patterson and this crop of wrs leave I agree because their recruiting is going to tank enormously but until then that offense scares me. I am glad we have them at home. That arky game on the road is going to be tough. Austin Allen is a dang good qb. Going on the road to play a high powered offense is always a tough task. Do not discount them one bit. Until we actually beat lsu at red stick again the place that has been our worst nightmare for almost 20 years I won't believe it actually will happen. Everyone sees Clemson as the measuring stick game I see at LSU as that one.

14 hours ago, WarTiger said:

It's great to be talking football again with the season approaching...

yeah i guess State didn't finish as strong as i recalled. I thought that A&M win was later in the season. Still, ol miss and state have been tough games more often than not the last few years so i'm kinda expecting that to continue. Plus if we are discussing strong vs poor finishes i think we can all agree which category AU fell into at the end of last season. 

1.5 months until we know for sure!

16 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I can't see why fans go ahead and count a game as a loss or a win before the teams even start Fall camp.  Heck, even after. People get too worked over preseason predictions. 

Because we are fans

On 7/14/2017 at 10:46 PM, CleCoTiger said:

Was with you until the bammer thing.  A sportswriter the other day pointed out just how deep bammer really is by mentioning that the sixth string running back on that team across the state is a former five star recruit.  AU, LSU. aTm all have the talent to at least compete. but all those Dodge Chargers...er....I mean consecutive consensus number one recruiting classes add up after a while.  I've often said that $abear has underperformed for the talent level he has.  If he were a better game day coach, bammer should not ever lose a game.

That is completely fair. What I really meant was that we should never really be having less than .500 records vs each UGA/TAMU/LSU and I agree we can't expect that type of record vs Bama during their current run because of what you mentioned.

Mayve I'm being captain obvious here, but for this season to be a success we have to pick off EITHER: A--one of Georgia and Alabama, one of Clemson and LSU; B--both of Georgia and Alabama; neither of Clemson and LSU; everyone else is non-negotiable.

Or, to put in simpler terms, at least 10 wins, and one of those 10 has to be either Georgia or Alabama.

Just now realized that the NC game is in Atlanta....So there's a chance that we play in the sec championship in ATL, NC in ATL, and our first game next season against Washington in ATL. It would be so awesome to win both championship games in ATL,our second home, and then return the next season as reigning champs.

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Just now realized that the NC game is in Atlanta....So there's a chance that we play in the sec championship in ATL, NC in ATL, and our first game next season against Washington in ATL. It would be so awesome to win both championship games in ATL,our second home, and then return the next season as reigning champs.

I hope your dream comes true, but if it doesn't:

:poke: 

Archived