What they're saying nationally

aubiefifty

Just a douche bag with some click bait nonsense. Problem is: why am I coming across his links? Who are the other douche bags lending to his accreditation? Thanks to the copy paste guys on this board- it's nice to NEVER go to al.com again, or listen to Finebom for that matter. Now that leaves Greg Macelroy and Beth Mullins. Rant over.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree with this, except I would like to go a little further.  That article was written, not only for web hits, but to set up his potential broadcasting season.  Something like the Bozeworth affect, being controversial to get a following, even if it is negative.  Jordan is already the scourge of this Auburn Board.

It was not a article. He said it on air thursday at sec media days.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

He just absolutely attacked someone's character without any proof . That is not shade . That is common sense . You going to say something like that you at the very least can say sources told me . It's opinion based on absolutely nothing .

Did it bother you when a lot more when media members across the board were doing the same thing this time last year based on just what they saw on last chance u? I am genuinely curious. I do not remember the same amount of disdain towards said media members on here. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Did it bother you when a lot more when media members across the board were doing the same thing this time last year based on just what they saw on last chance u? I am genuinely curious. I do not remember the same amount of disdain towards said media members on here. 

I've never heard any media say he was a cancer to any team he played for . I've heard people say he was cocky based on DOCUMENTED actions . To say someone is cancer to a team and in the locker room with no proof is freaking insane . Especially since his actions have proved otherwise . That is where the disdain comes from . You are personally attacking someone's character in public and chances are this Jordan guy has never even came in contact with JF3. 

4 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Being forced to watch the Bachelorette for that season is enough to burn him at the stake for me.

hahaahah that was a fun and crazy season while that crazy dude chad was on!!! once he left it was not as exciting and entertaining. I admit I hated Jordan during that season because his brother is one of my favorite athletes and I thought PFFFF no wonder his brother does not talk to this pretty boy snowflake lol! But he really won me over last year when he called one of our games with Taylor Zarzar. Even though we were just playing LA Monroe he treated it like a big game and big deal. He was so polished like he had been doing this for years and not a month lol. He is a rising star and a natural at it. Hence him already going from the cupcake game sec crew to primetime after 1 year.  COMPLETELY different than how he was on the bachelorette. I enjoyed his performance so much calling our games I started listening to his show last football season with Fitz out of nashville. That was such a good college football show. Even though we were just playing LA Monroe he treated 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I've never heard any media say he was a cancer to any team he played for . I've heard people say he was cocky based on DOCUMENTED actions . To say someone is cancer to a team and in the locker room with no proof is freaking insane . Especially since his actions have proved otherwise . That is where the disdain comes from . You are personally attacking someone's character in public and chances are this Jordan guy has never even came in contact with JF3. 

I guess it does not bother me at all like it does you. Did he actually say cancer? I do not recall that. I thought he just said he was a problem in that qb room last year because he thought he was the best qb and thought he should be starting and let it be known hence the theory other people had as well about being confident on last chance U. I barely blinked a eye when it was said. You are making it out to be like it was something malicious. Like he has some beef with him personally.

44 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Not exactly sure what you're going on about. I just said he doesn't have to show proof to provide his opinion, regardless of the content. And you don't have agree with it. It doesn't mean he didn't what he said didn't have merit or truth to it. He did have more access than anyone here and could've seen for himself what he deemed to be cancerous actions. What he says doesn't bother me, wouldn't surprise me, and isn't a big deal IMO. I also don't consider Rodgers a journalist, just a mouthpiece for the SECN.

And I wasn't trying to compare this message board to an opinion maker. I was just pointing out that rumor and speculation need verification in some places like here, which isn't the case in other venues. It isn't a necessary action for an opinion. 

And I wasn't trying to compare this message board to an opinion maker. I was just pointing out that rumor and speculation need verification in some places like here, which isn't the case in other venues

Umm, that would be a comparison.

He did have more access than anyone here and could've seen for himself what he deemed to be cancerous actions.

Then he would have just said that instead of going by his feelings, No?

wouldn't surprise me,

Outed yourself. That is all I needed to know.

4 hours ago, boomstick said:

With it being an opinion piece, he doesn't really have to provide proof. 

There is a term for opinions that are based on nothing. That term is of course "baseless opinion."  People with no basis for an opinion who insist on having one anyway are not worth listening to, and damn if I understand why anyone would defend someone mouthing off with an opinion on something that has no basis or knowledge behind it.   The smartest thing people without a basis for an opinion to do is to keep their ignorant yap shut. And if they insist on running that yap anyway, the ignorance becomes functionally indistinguishable from outright stupidity.

Did Rodgers have any basis for his opinion? Anything at all other than just rank and baseless speculation?  If not, then there is no defense for his "opinion." Without a basis for an opinion, he should not have one.  

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I guess it does not bother me at all like it does you. Did he actually say cancer? I do not recall that. I thought he just said he was a problem in that qb room last year because he thought he was the best qb and thought he should be starting and let it be known hence the theory other people had as well about being confident on last chance U. I barely blinked a eye when it was said. You are making it out to be like it was something malicious. Like he has some beef with him personally.

I believe he was a cancer in the quarterback room because I believe he thought he was the most talented quarterback and should be playing the position when it was obvious he didn’t have the arm to execute that offense,” Rodgers said on Thursday.

Did you even read the article?

Just now, DAG said:

I believe he was a cancer in the quarterback room because I believe he thought he was the most talented quarterback and should be playing the position when it was obvious he didn’t have the arm to execute that offense,” Rodgers said on Thursday.

Did you even read the article?

lol no. why would I when I heard him when he said it on air. I do not remember the word cancer being thrown around. I swear he said distraction.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol no. why would I when I heard him when he said it on air. I do not remember the word cancer being thrown around. I swear he said distraction.

Well, if you are going to have an opinion on something, let alone provide an opposite point of view, it would behoove you to be accurate in your assessment of the situation, no?

Just now, DAG said:

Well, if you are going to have an opinion on something, let alone provide an opposite point of view, it would behoove you to be accurate in your assessment of the situation, no?

I have made a career of doing the opposite of that so I would say NO! haha. I love to challenge myself going off of memory and not word for word verbatim. I heard distraction not cancer. Guess muhhhhhhh boy said cancer. That is def interesting!! But again it does not bother me. If jf3 was a more integral part of our plans for 2017 I guess it would. I know I know you are going to come back and say it is not right to questions someones character at anytime. That is true I just do not really care all that much to be honest.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have made a career of doing the opposite of that so I would say NO! haha. I love to challenge myself going off of memory and not word for word verbatim. I heard distraction not cancer. Guess muhhhhhhh boy said cancer. That is def interesting!! But again it does not bother me. If jf3 was a more integral part of our plans for 2017 I guess it would. I know I know you are going to come back and say it is not right to questions someones character at anytime. That is true I just do not really care all that much to be honest.

Nope. I would never say that. People had a right to question Cam's, NM, etc character at the time because they were coming off some questionable actions. Nevertheless, unfounded speculation is a completely different dilemma.

If jf3 was a more integral part of our plans for 2017

At least you are honest.

Just now, DAG said:

Nope. I would never say that. People had a right to question Cam's, NM, etc character at the time because they were coming off some questionable actions. Nevertheless, unfounded speculation is a completely different dilemma.

If jf3 was a more integral part of our plans for 2017

At least you are honest.

haha I will always be honest even if most people disagree with my take. If someone is one of my favorite players like Cam and Nick were/are and always will be I would react like you did I will totally take a knee and L on that one and admit my double standard. Jf3? ehhhhhh. I had high hopes for him last year and got burned and bamboozled. Is that wrong? Most likely. But I am at least consistent. I am like a coach who gives preferential treatment to the star players!

haha I will always be honest even if most people disagree with my take. If someone is one of my favorite players like Cam and Nick were/are and always will be I would react like you did I will totally take a knee and L on that one and admit my double standard. Jf3? ehhhhhh. I had high hopes for him last year and got burned and bamboozled. Is that wrong? Most likely. But I am at least consistent. I am like a coach who gives preferential treatment to the star players!

JF3 is not my favorite player at all. Just don't like the fact that someone is attacking one of our own and hasn't provided any reasonable evidence to it. I feel the same way about SW and his rumors. Either way, at least you can admit it.

Just now, DAG said:

JF3 is not my favorite player at all. Just don't like the fact that someone is attacking one of our own and hasn't provided any reasonable evidence to it. I feel the same way about SW and his rumors. Either way, at least you can admit it.

I am more than aware. You are a better Auburn fan and man than me. You would react the same way if ANY Auburn player character was questioned. I respect that!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am more than aware. You are a better Auburn fan and man than me. You would react the same way if ANY Auburn player character was questioned. I respect that!

Haha not true at all. I am actually glad you can admit you are MR.BIAS in this situation lol. I would rather someone say, "you know what, I just don't like JF3. I can see him being that way" versus arguing a counterpoint, which makes zero sense. Not saying you don't like him, but there are people who don't because he just rubs them the wrong way.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haha not true at all. I am actually glad you can admit you are MR.BIAS in this situation lol. I would rather someone say, "you know what, I just don't like JF3. I can see him being that way" versus arguing a counterpoint, which makes zero sense. Not saying you don't like him, but there are people who don't because he just rubs them the wrong way.

lol this may actually sound worse than me saying I do not like him I am just whatever on him AND sean white. As in I really do not care about them one way or the other. If a player is not going to be a big part of our plans ON the field for the upcoming season it is hard for me to care about them off the field. By the way it seems everyone character got questioned in that QB room last year. Before Woody left mods on both 247 and rivals said Woody had a attitude problem. WEIRD I must say. Maybe and this is reckless speculation on my part but maybe just maybe Rhett was viewed as a buddy and not necessarily a authority figure and coach that they respected. I dunno I am just spitballing here trying to make heads or tails of everything.

lol this may actually sound worse than me saying I do not like him I am just whatever on him AND sean white. As in I really do not care about them one way or the other. If a player is not going to be a big part of our plans ON the field for the upcoming season it is hard for me to care about them off the field. By the way it seems everyone character got questioned in that QB room last year. Before Woody left mods on both 247 and rivals said Woody had a attitude problem. WEIRD I must say. Maybe and this is reckless speculation on my part but maybe just maybe Rhett was viewed as a buddy and not necessarily a authority figure and coach that they respected. I dunno I am just spitballing here trying to make heads or tails of everything.

Could be..the only problem is WB never progressed and never got better. Even when CCL came around he never progressed. He ultimately transferred. That sounds more like a WB issue to me. Anyway, agree to disagree!!!

Just now, DAG said:

Could be..the only problem is WB never progressed and never got better. Even when CCL came around he never progressed. He ultimately transferred. That sounds more like a WB issue to me. Anyway, agree to disagree!!!

as always it has been real it has been fun and this time it has even been real fun DAG!! WOOO!!! see ya around and War Damn Eagle sir!!! 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

And I wasn't trying to compare this message board to an opinion maker. I was just pointing out that rumor and speculation need verification in some places like here, which isn't the case in other venues

Umm, that would be a comparison.

He did have more access than anyone here and could've seen for himself what he deemed to be cancerous actions.

Then he would have just said that instead of going by his feelings, No?

wouldn't surprise me,

Outed yourself. That is all I needed to know.

LOL! Outed myself as what? Someone who doesn't get his pants twisted every time something halfway negative is said about an Auburn player?

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

There is a term for opinions that are based on nothing. That term is of course "baseless opinion."  People with no basis for an opinion who insist on having one anyway are not worth listening to, and damn if I understand why anyone would defend someone mouthing off with an opinion on something that has no basis or knowledge behind it.   The smartest thing people without a basis for an opinion to do is to keep their ignorant yap shut. And if they insist on running that yap anyway, the ignorance becomes functionally indistinguishable from outright stupidity.

Did Rodgers have any basis for his opinion? Anything at all other than just rank and baseless speculation?  If not, then there is no defense for his "opinion." Without a basis for an opinion, he should not have one.  

It very well could be baseless. It could also be something that he witnessed or was told by someone close to the program. He called at least one of our games last year, La Monroe. So he was around the program, around the players and coaches. And he's probably within a group of people who probably could get better info like that than most people would. Because he doesn't state his source doesn't make the info good or bad.

All I'm saying is immediately dismissing the info or calling it BS because he didn't allude to how he received it doesn't necessarily make the info wrong. Is it in poor taste? Possibly. But I don't think it can be dismissed because of the way he shared the info. 

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

It very well could be baseless. It could also be something that he witnessed or was told by someone close to the program. He called at least one of our games last year, La Monroe. So he was around the program, around the players and coaches. And he's probably within a group of people who probably could get better info like that than most people would. Because he doesn't state his source doesn't make the info good or bad.

All I'm saying is immediately dismissing the info or calling it BS because he didn't allude to how he received it doesn't necessarily make the info wrong. Is it in poor taste? Possibly. But I don't think it can be dismissed because of the way he shared the info. 

The problem with rumors is that some folks will take a statement like Rodgers' and run with it whether it's true or not.  They want something salacious to be true.  There's an old saying that a lie can travel around the world before the truth can even get its shoes on.  

I don't know whether JFIII was a cancer in the locker room or not, but, without firm evidence, it's irresponsible to state it as true in a public forum and denigrate the kid's character. 

People still think someone at Auburn was guilty of paying money to have Cam Newton come play for us - all based on speculation.  It put a damper on what was a great season for us.  

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

LOL! Outed myself as what? Someone who doesn't get his pants twisted every time something halfway negative is said about an Auburn player?

No, someone who has already formed an opinion on somebody whether it is true or not.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

No, someone who has already formed an opinion on somebody whether it is true or not.

I don't have an opinion as to whether or not he was a "cancer" with the QB group last year. I don't know enough about the situation to form an opinion. 

Archived