What they're saying nationally

aubiefifty

What they're saying nationally about Auburn at SEC Media Days 2017

Auburn was among the closing acts of SEC Media Days this year and the storylines were focused on Gus Malzahn and where the Tigers could fall in the conference, particularly if Jarrett Stidham delivers.

With Braden Smith representing the offense, Tray Matthews the defense and Daniel Carlson for special teams, the focus of attention remained on the team as a whole and quarterback play.

Other topics were discussed and we had you covered throughout the day on AL.com. Here are some other perspectives from the media that we surveyed from the national scene.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect to Jordan Rogers, I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about saying JFIII was a cancer in the QB room.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that (with the possible exception of a scene during one game in the Last Chance U documentary), and Rogers is irresponsible to make such statements unless he has firm evidence to substantiate them.

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

With all due respect to Jordan Rogers, I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about saying JFIII was a cancer in the QB room.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that (with the possible exception of a scene during one game in the Last Chance U documentary), and Rogers is irresponsible to make such statements unless he has firm evidence to substantiate them.

If one reads the article, you can see that there is absolutely no verifiable statements to backup his claim.  Pure speculation, no substance. The state of journalism in sports reporting today is atrocious. 

12 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Headline was strictly for click bait.  That's what it's all about these days.  Sad to say I fell for it too and clicked.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The state of journalism___________ today is atrocious. 

FIFY

• WarTiger changed the title to What they're saying nationally
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If one reads the article, you can see that there is absolutely no verifiable statements to backup his claim.  Pure speculation, no substance. The state of journalism in sports reporting today is atrocious. 

I don't think talking heads like Rogers are journalists, as in reporters. Talking heads are opinion writers and spinners.  There is no journalism happening with what Rogers said, Just pure speculation. Rogers is supposed to be an analyst.  There wasn't any analyzing going on in those comments either. Just talking out of his rear.

That journalist calling JF3 a cancer with nothing to back it is full of it. Nothing to substantiate it. Just his opinion. Might as well be a blogger .

Guess I'll shift the discussion away from JF3 (which I COULD see as true, but who knows.)

How about this?

"Without throwing a pass, Stidham has gone from a 50-1 shot to win the Heisman Trophy to tied with J.T. Barrett for fourth-best odds (12-1, Las Vegas Westgate Superbook)."

that's incredible 

19 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Guess I'll shift the discussion away from JF3 (which I COULD see as true, but who knows.)

How about this?

"Without throwing a pass, Stidham has gone from a 50-1 shot to win the Heisman Trophy to tied with J.T. Barrett for fourth-best odds (12-1, Las Vegas Westgate Superbook)."

that's incredible 

How could you see it as true ? Makes zero sense , someone being a cancer saying they will be a team player then actually doing it by switching positions . Not transferring and not running to the media and CGM not kicking him off the team. No way the coaching staff let him stay on if this were true .

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Jordan Rodgers is a tool riding on his brother's coattails. Lets see him pop off to JFIII's face.

not true. him and his brother do not speak. Also insiders have claimed more than once that would allude to what Rodgers say has some credence to it. 

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

not true. him and his brother do not speak. Also insiders have claimed more than once that would allude to what Rodgers say has some credence to it. 

Going to need proof for the first part of that if you don't mind.   2nd, having access to premium forums at scout, rivals and 24/7 sports as well as the insiders here, and there's been ZERO mention, even in passing, of this to be remotely accurate.    See Dag's post above for further illustrations on the BS of this. 

21 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Going to need proof for the first part of that if you don't mind.   2nd, having access to premium forums at scout, rivals and 24/7 sports as well as the insiders here, and there's been ZERO mention, even in passing, of this to be remotely accurate.    See Dag's post above for further illustrations on the BS of this. 

where ya been war tiger?! it has been a minute old friend! I have not seen you around this offseason. Also just going off memory by what people posted in threads and other boards from LAST season. Sorry no proof OR SOUP FOR YOU! lol Just going to have to trust me on this one. :]]]]]]] d28.jpg

12 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

lol ohhhhhhh you meant the rodgers brothers!! MUHHHHHHHHHHH BAD! O i got the hook up on that one brodie! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4126232/Father-NFL-star-Aaron-Rodgers-talks-family-rift.html http://wgntv.com/2016/07/28/why-aaron-rodgers-no-longer-speaks-to-his-brother-jordan-and-has-not-watched-the-bachelorette/

In fairness, he doesn't have to talk to big brother in order to trade on his name.

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

FIFY

Remember, they're no longer "journalists" or "the press".  They're " the media"....has a much looser connotation and they don't have to adhere to pesky old ethics & standards.  ....after all, movies and music are "media" too.

lol why all the shade on Jordan Rodgers? So random! haha. He is really good at his job which is impressive since he has not been doing this for very long. I have been very impressed in him.

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

where ya been war tiger?! it has been a minute old friend! I have not seen you around this offseason. Also just going off memory by what people posted in threads and other boards from LAST season. Sorry no proof OR SOUP FOR YOU! lol Just going to have to trust me on this one. :]]]]]]]

Nope.  Not how it works here.  for the record, I don't trust anybody when they start rambling off stuff with no proof.   There's absolutely nothing supporting what Rodgers said in that article.  NOTHING.  Until someone provides proof from a CREDIBLE source, this is a completely BS article written for web hits and nothing more.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wat can llol why all the shade on Jordan Rodgers? So random! haha. He is really good at his job which is impressive since he has not been doing this for very long. I have been very impressed in him.

He just absolutely attacked someone's character without any proof . That is not shade . That is common sense . You going to say something like that you at the very least can say sources told me . It's opinion based on absolutely nothing .

23 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Nope.  Not how it works here.  for the record, I don't trust anybody when they start rambling off stuff with no proof.   There's absolutely nothing supporting what Rodgers said in that article.  NOTHING.  Until someone provides proof from a CREDIBLE source, this is a completely BS article written for web hits and nothing more.

I agree with this, except I would like to go a little further.  That article was written, not only for web hits, but to set up his potential broadcasting season.  Something like the Bozeworth affect, being controversial to get a following, even if it is negative.  Jordan is already the scourge of this Auburn Board.

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

He just absolutely attacked someone's character without any proof . That is not shade . That is common sense . You going to say something like that you at the very least can say sources told me . It's opinion based on absolutely nothing .

With it being an opinion piece, he doesn't really have to provide proof. You also don't have to believe it.

Just because someone says something and doesn't show clear and convincing evidence to back up that claim doesn't necessarily make it untrue. That's only a rule here on this board about rumors and speculation. 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol why all the shade on Jordan Rodgers?

Being forced to watch the Bachelorette for that season is enough to burn him at the stake for me.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

With it being an opinion piece, he doesn't really have to provide proof. You also don't have to believe it.

Just because someone says something and doesn't show clear and convincing evidence to back up that claim doesn't necessarily make it untrue. That's only a rule here on this board about rumors and speculation. 

If you are speaking in the public media about someone's character , Yes , you should have proof  to validate what you are saying if you want to be taking serious as an analyst . Particularly if you are going to be reporting on the SEC. Comparing an anonymous message board to a public interview is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board . Now maybe that's how it works for you Bacchelorette fans and reality tv lovers. You guys go off feelings ,but that is not a manner you should handle yourself if you plan on reporting . Shoot even TMZ sports try to get some sources. Heck , I would even give him some slack if he even said why he felt that way . He doesn't even do that. But then again this is the same dude who presumably was very chatty patty on national tv , putting out family business over poon . I don't co-sign it. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

If you are speaking in the public media about someone's character , Yes , you should have proof  to validate what you are saying if you want to be taking serious as an analyst . Particularly if you are going to be reporting on the SEC. Comparing an anonymous message board to a public interview is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board . Now maybe that's how it works for you Bacchelorette fans and reality tv lovers. You guys go off feelings ,but that is not a manner you should handle yourself if you plan on reporting . Shoot even TMZ sports try to get some sources. Heck , I would even give him some slack if he even said why he felt that way . He doesn't even do that. But then again this is the same dude who presumably was very chatty patty on national tv , putting out family business over poon . I don't co-sign it. 

Not exactly sure what you're going on about. I just said he doesn't have to show proof to provide his opinion, regardless of the content. And you don't have agree with it. It doesn't mean he didn't what he said didn't have merit or truth to it. He did have more access than anyone here and could've seen for himself what he deemed to be cancerous actions. What he says doesn't bother me, wouldn't surprise me, and isn't a big deal IMO. I also don't consider Rodgers a journalist, just a mouthpiece for the SECN.

And I wasn't trying to compare this message board to an opinion maker. I was just pointing out that rumor and speculation need verification in some places like here, which isn't the case in other venues. It isn't a necessary action for an opinion. 

Archived