What they're saying nationally

aubiefifty

On 7/15/2017 at 5:44 PM, DAG said:

How could you see it as true ? Makes zero sense , someone being a cancer saying they will be a team player then actually doing it by switching positions . Not transferring and not running to the media and CGM not kicking him off the team. No way the coaching staff let him stay on if this were true .

I didn't say I believe it. I said I see it could of been true. 

When a kid thinks he deserves to be the starter and isn't it can divide a locker room. 

I don't know the kid. From what I've seen he seems to be a humble young man, but I wasn't in the locker room. Neither were you, and neither was that guy. Point is, we don't know.

But I've been in a locker room divided between 2 players who thought they should start. I've seen personally what that can do to a locker room. I've seen it split a team into two...Ive seen half the people wanting one person and the other half wanting another. That's the only reason I said I could see it as being true. Saying something is possible is a LOT different than saying it's a fact. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/15/2017 at 9:28 AM, triangletiger said:

With all due respect to Jordan Rogers, I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about saying JFIII was a cancer in the QB room.  I haven't seen anything to indicate that (with the possible exception of a scene during one game in the Last Chance U documentary), and Rogers is irresponsible to make such statements unless he has firm evidence to substantiate them.

Agree. I was taken back by that statement as well. Some may not care for JF3 b/c of Last Chance U but dude works his behind off no matter what position he's asked to play. He's constantly taking it upon himself to put in a lot of workout time away from regular practices. Gus spoke highly of him at SEC Media Days. 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol no. why would I when I heard him when he said it on air. I do not remember the word cancer being thrown around. I swear he said distraction.

He said cancer. When he used that word I was like WHOA....where are you getting your information from? I agree with DAG in that using a term like that against JF3 wasn't right esp. if he didn't have anything to back those claims up. 

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I didn't say I believe it. I said I see it could of been true. 

When a kid thinks he deserves to be the starter and isn't it can divide a locker room. 

I don't know the kid. From what I've seen he seems to be a humble young man, but I wasn't in the locker room. Neither were you, and neither was that guy. Point is, we don't know.

But I've been in a locker room divided between 2 players who thought they should start. I've seen personally what that can do to a locker room. I've seen it split a team into two...Ive seen half the people wanting one person and the other half wanting another. That's the only reason I said I could see it as being true. Saying something is possible is a LOT different than saying it's a fact. 

That is the point everyone is making. If you aren't in the locker room, who are you to say what someone is or isn't? It is that simple.

As you stated in your second paragraph, you validated what you saw by being present.

A lot of things could have happened. A lot of things are possible. Heck, my fiance' could've cheated on me this summer. However, if I don't have any proof, I shouldn't be saying that in the public eye. It is not rocket science folks.

But this is what we do know. He stayed. He was willing to learn a completely different position, where he may not even succeed at, after being recruited to play QB at 3 different schools. There is not a peep from anyone that he has been problematic in the locker room. CGM, who we know would not tolerate such behavior, has not even upended any consequences on him. That you do know and since you know that stuff, you should be willing to give the young man the benefit of a doubt.

quite frankly , some of you guys just need to just come out and say I didn't like the way he carried himself in the documentary or his body language , therefore I could see this being true . Otherwise , you are just defending the indefensible . There was no logic in Jordan's statement and in turn , there really isn't any scenario in real life where this is applicable . Unless of course , you are a blogger or running a gossip piece .

Archived