Whitlow may see time at RB

TexasTiger

I'm probably a bit paranoid after losing our top three RBs before last season, but I hope this isn't a sign of one of our current RBs getting in trouble.

^Probably.

I'd say Tim Horton is easily our best on field coach--he was able to produce the league's best rushing game AFTER losing the top three guys. The man is a genius.

One of my favorite signees from this past class. he was a lot of fun to watch with the ball in his hands in high school so I'm glad to see our staff is confident with giving him a real shot on offense. 

i know we need bodies at db and that might be where he ends up. But he seems like too exciting of a player to not give a shot at being a RB/wr, imo.

The reincarnate of Tristan Davis. Lets just hope they find and leave him at one position.  TD could've been dominant if he wasn't switched around every 6 months.

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The reincarnate of Tristan Davis. Lets just hope they find and leave him at one position.  TD could've been dominant if he wasn't switched around every 6 months.

Agreed!! I was about 12 when he was here. I love him at RB. I'll never forget when he broke that long TD against Kentucky in 06 I believe 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I was thinking Stanton Truitt, but yup.

22 hours ago, Charhair said:

One of my favorite signees from this past class. he was a lot of fun to watch with the ball in his hands in high school so I'm glad to see our staff is confident with giving him a real shot on offense. 

i know we need bodies at db and that might be where he ends up. But he seems like too exciting of a player to not give a shot at being a RB/wr, imo.

He was pretty confident he'll start as said in the video, idk how he'll start though unless it's on special teams. I don't think he'll play db.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

damn shame to

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

damn shame to

His versatility made him very valuable to AU....coaches doing what they thought made the team better I guess.

On 7/17/2017 at 8:53 AM, bigbird said:

Wasn't he a chronic injury?

I'd much rather see him in the defensive backfield and kick returner.  However I trust the coaches to make that call.  Maybe he wasn't open to moving to the defensive side and gonna use him as a battering ram in early fall scrimmages.  That can change your mind in a hurry and could potentially build toughness and ball security for him.  See there are always positives to find in every situation.  

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, bigbird said:

I think it was Davis that made a killer block on the reverse for touchdown in the Brody sack game. He just plowed a guy right around the end zone.

h

8 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This kid is a Swiss Army knife . He can do it all. This kid is a gem

i think he also avg near 45 yards per punt in high school. just hope he gets a position and sticks. I hate when players get moved around and never reach their potential because of it.

Notre Dame would be at the top of my list to play for the first time, followed closely by Stanford. Still haven't figured out why we ever scheduled Cal...

40 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Notre Dame would be at the top of my list to play for the first time, followed closely by Stanford. Still haven't figured out why we ever scheduled Cal...

Wonder how whitlow feels about that?

50 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Well that's interesting....

Archived