Post a picture

Soul food at its finest. Chicken and Waffles. Hot sauce on the chicken, cover both with syrup and go to town.

large.IMG_20170709_160833934_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Soul food at its finest. Chicken and Waffles. Hot sauce on the chicken, cover both with syrup and go to town.

large.IMG_20170709_160833934_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

I am ready for breakfast but want to top with two fried eggs - maple syrup!!!!!

20 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Doesn't matter the subject, as long as you captured it!

First submission: Chicago traffic

8CR88ZR.jpg

Great thread Shocks..... you da man

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But his helmet is... it's right... I mean... it's right there on the bike with him. 

Volunteer for organ donation 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Out of likes...

Anyone that works in healthcare is already aware of this, but "organ donor" is literally what we call bike riders. We call bikes "donorcycles."

Edited by Bigbens42

43 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Anyone that works in healthcare is already aware of this, but "organ donor" is literally what we call bike riders. We call bikes "donorcycles."

Lol. I don't have a problem with bikers, and fundamentally, I don't even have a problem with them not wearing helmets. But when a guy is riding in traffic and *his helmet is on the freaking bike*... yeah, I can't really get with that. 

And if I were in health care or any emergency response capacity, I know I'd have strong feelings about it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. I don't have a problem with bikers, and fundamentally, I don't even have a problem with them not wearing helmets. But when a guy is riding in traffic and *his helmet is on the freaking bike*... yeah, I can't really get with that. 

And if I were in health care or any emergency response capacity, I know I'd have strong feelings about it. 

Might I inquire as to where the picture was taken? Might have just crossed from a state where helmets are required to one where they're not? As Brad (Rocky Horror) said, "Life's pretty cheap to their kind."

As to organ donation, my wife (back when she worked in ERs) called even helmets that were worn "brain buckets."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Might I inquire as to where the picture was taken? Might have just crossed from a state where helmets are required to one where they're not? As Brad (Rocky Horror) said, "Life's pretty cheap to their kind."

As to organ donation, my wife (back when she worked in ERs) called even helmets that were worn "brain buckets."

@ShocksMyBrain would have to tell you. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Trip out to Wyoming last summer. 

IMG_1023.JPG

Holy crap, what kind of camera took that? Amazing shot, with the foreground and background so crystal clear. Wow. 

Edited by McLoofus

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@ShocksMyBrain would have to tell you. 

Holy crap, what kind of camera took that? Amazing shot, with the foreground and background so crystal clear. Wow. 

Believe it or not, an IPhone 6s, which was left in middle of the road in Yellowstone two days after this picture was taken, and smashed into smithereens. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

But his helmet is... it's right... I mean... it's right there on the bike with him. 

I imagine that's for a passenger. No one wears helmets in Illinois. I honestly don't think I saw anyone wearing one the whole weekend. 

20 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Leaving downtown Chicago, no helmet laws in Illinois. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I imagine that's for a passenger. No one wears helmets in Illinois. I honestly don't think I saw anyone wearing one the whole weekend. 

:ucrazy:

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Believe it or not, an IPhone 6s, which was left in middle of the road in Yellowstone two days after this picture was taken, and smashed into smithereens. 

:(

Thank goodness for the cloud.

38 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Leaving downtown Chicago, no helmet laws in Illinois. 

So, I guess, traveling to or from another state? or, as you said above, being polite to a potential passenger?

For what it's worth, in AL, life preservers are required in boats, but wearing them is not. We typically throw'em in the floorboards when canoeing.

Life's pretty cheap to our kind?

ETA - Apologies for my mistaken pedigree on the photo.

Edited by AUld fAUx@

23 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

So, I guess, traveling to or from another state? or, as you said above, being polite to a potential passenger?

For what it's worth, in AL, life preservers are required in boats, but wearing them is not. We typically throw'em in the floorboards when canoeing.

Life's pretty cheap to our kind?

ETA - Apologies for my mistaken pedigree on the photo.

I didn't get a look at the tag, but I'm willing to bet he's local. 

I own a motorcycle(that's currently not running), but whenever I do ride it I wear ATGATT(all the gear all the time). I don't care if it's 100 degrees out, you must at the very least protect your cranium. Doesn't take much of impact to be rendered brain dead, and with the way people drive now, a lot of people are distracted and just opens you up to myriad risks. Especially riding at night. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

I'm glad this thread is working as intended. A picture generates discussion, and discussions result in common ground and further knowledge.

Anyway, straight out of the box:

oGrSGnO.jpg

• Like 2