Post a picture

Had the SLR for Sadie's competitive debut. Lost two won one, but she played well and the coach wants her to pull double duty next spring. 

k8JDJTC.jpg

XNU4Lqt.jpg

uyjtcCk.jpg

eNVAK2K.jpg

qCNXdCQ.jpg

hJQyOIp.jpg

aLX2rKq.jpg

kA8XEHI.jpg

iHwr9VP.jpg

ivYT0wa.jpg

Hm8tZDW.jpg

EnQxIqx.jpg

ukzvGSp.jpg

qsCKiHQ.jpg

Edited by Bigbens42
  • Like 3

Keeper, eh? They're a special breed. Tougher than I'll ever be, that's for sure. 

We went to the Atlanta United match last night. Got good seats. Like, REALLY good seats. When Martinez walked through the "tunnel" (it's a roped-off walkway through the club where we had tickets) it was probably about as close as the MLS gets to the Beatles' first US tour- screaming girls and the whole bit. But that dude took a picture with every single person who asked. He must've stuck around for 30 minutes after the match. Just one of the coolest and most fun-to-watch athletes I've ever had the pleasure of rooting for. What a season. So lucky to have been here for it. Auburn 2010 is the only other season that's been anything like this for me. Now on to the playoffs. 

Side note: Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore (Toronto) got booed like hell every time they touched the ball. It was funny and cathartic at first, but by the end of the match it felt a little bit dark and evil. I've never seen anything like it. Could you imagine Americans booing Michael Phelps or Lindsay Vaughn? I mean, obviously the USMNT has never actually won anything like those athletes have, but still, it's our national team. Just surreal and a little sad. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Keeper, eh? They're a special breed. Tougher than I'll ever be, that's for sure. 

Yes! It's a rough and tumble position. It's where I played through HS and my few seasons in the adult rec leagues. Being a good size football player helped.

She gets hit a lot and handles it very well.

She was playing this tournament up with the 2006 B-team, kids 1-2 grades older than her, because they simply can't find a keeper. She's starts every game for the 07s at keeper now, and will be called up to the 06s a bunch this coming spring. And I thought my schedule sucked now.

Practically all of her keeper coaching has come from me. For some reason, they do not focus on it in the academy. It's nice to see it bearing fruit.

• Like 1

We went to the Atlanta United match last night. Got good seats. Like, REALLY good seats. When Martinez walked through the "tunnel" (it's a roped-off walkway through the club where we had tickets) it was probably about as close as the MLS gets to the Beatles' first US tour- screaming girls and the whole bit. But that dude took a picture with every single person who asked. He must've stuck around for 30 minutes after the match. Just one of the coolest and most fun-to-watch athletes I've ever had the pleasure of rooting for. What a season. So lucky to have been here for it. Auburn 2010 is the only other season that's been anything like this for me. Now on to the playoffs. 

Side note: Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore (Toronto) got booed like hell every time they touched the ball. It was funny and cathartic at first, but by the end of the match it felt a little bit dark and evil. I've never seen anything like it. Could you imagine Americans booing Michael Phelps or Lindsay Vaughn? I mean, obviously the USMNT has never actually won anything like those athletes have, but still, it's our national team. Just surreal and a little sad. 

My wife and I are going to make one of our date nights an Atlanta United game. 

Still just furious with US Soccer in general. 

• Like 1

Been traveling a lot lately for work and weddings.  Some cool stuff to share:

2 shots of Manhattan at night from a rooftop bar in Williamsburg (Long Island City area)

1019172330a.jpg1019172330.jpg

Busch Stadium in St Louis

0929171833_HDR.jpg

Lake Marion in Santee, South Carolina

1020171825.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

#popcornanole

2935E006-5A4F-4C43-B9C2-FB6CABEE5025.png

Used to have so much fun catching them. 

• Like 1

My grandfather, (not as polite to fish as is Mr. Brain) claimed (I was not a witness) to have found a full (as in alive) turtle within a bass he was cleaning. He said it was a cute little thing, showing stomach-acid bleaching around its shell rim. Further said it looked back over its shoulder, with a readable thankful glance, as it walked out the door.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Got tagged in that 7 day B&W FB thing. Just moved to Hilton Head. 

Cool, and

Welcome Home.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Remote GoPro control from iPhone is pretty cool. So are wading boots.

38Ghbzh.jpg

Quick edits and I’m suddenly in a River Runs Through It. 

LLJ0uZN.jpg

Leaves are popping up your way

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Leaves are popping up your way

We are actually having a real Fall. Of course people are bitching that it’s too cold though. Last year the leaves turned and died and fell off in less than a week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We are actually having a real Fall. Of course people are bitching that it’s too cold though. Last year the leaves turned and died and fell off in less than a week. 

Still waiting for the pines and palms to change in Hilton Head. And no, that's not a humble brag. Quite the opposite.

• Like 2

Still waiting for the pines and palms to change in Hilton Head. And no, that's not a humble brag. Quite the opposite.

Down here, kudzu and most oaks are evergreen, but

I got my firewood.

• Like 1