Post a picture

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

She did. She needed an "all about Jillian" day. Still getting used to being a middle child. 

Didn't much care for the wine though lol. 

I for one vote we return to dipping as opposed to community chalice.............you can only wipe and turn so many times?

24 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Filed under interesting things seen while working...an ass, running free down the road.

17697134-C682-49C4-84BD-7EF30FC22964.png

That’s a perfect roof-off Jeep riding road. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Filed under interesting things seen while working...an ass, running free down the road.

Pull over. That ass is too fat.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

DATASS.jpg

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Any reference to seeing an ass on the road being a daily occurrence just seemed too pat, too easy.

Been trying to work from the vantage point, that it shows ass' elbows, but just hasn't worked.

I give up.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Jeeeeeeeez I would like for me to be in that place

TBH,

alway thought the western mountains were the better place to see (and that pic is beautiful).

Appalachians seem a much better place to be (as in stretch a hammock).

Just me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

TBH,

alway thought the western mountains were the better place to see (and that pic is beautiful).

Just me.

Love me some Smokies. I’ll be there in a month.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

TBH,

Just me.

I think that my preference for the Appalachians- and I do share one- is simply because of familiarity and proximity. 

The Rockies (and Sierra Nevada) are harder for me to enjoy in the same relaxed manner just because they feel, and have always been so far from home. That's my theory, anyway.

I felt oddly at home in the Adirondacks...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I think that my preference for the Appalachians- and I do share one- is simply because of familiarity and proximity. 

The Rockies (and Sierra Nevada) are harder for me to enjoy in the same relaxed manner just because they feel, and have always been so far from home. That's my theory, anyway.

The Rockies are very harsh, sharp, shocking, intimidating, beautiful. 

The Smokies are lush, rolling, inviting, friendly, beautiful.

Ive never seen the Adirondacks in real life. Need.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Very well said.

I've yapped on about it before, but one of the top 3 vacations of my life- and the one that is closest to something that I would do the *exact* same way again- was when we went to a friend's wedding in Schroon Lake- well, at Schroon Lake; I feel like @AUld fAUx@ might bust me for that- in the Adirondacks. We flew into Burlington, VT and kicked around there and the Mad River Valley for a couple days. This is one of the best foodie regions and easily the best beer region I've ever been to. Then we drove to Schroon Lake for the wedding, which was a really great, scenic 2 hr drive unto itself, down and across Lake Champlain. (At Crown Point. We did a small picnic by the lake. I drank a Heady Topper.) After a couple days and an awesome wedding there, we drove, 2 hrs again, to Montreal for a night. More scenic, mountainous beauty along the way. Montreal was awesome, and we really want to go back and spend more time. European sophistication with Canadian hospitality. Incredible food. Really cool arts scene. Then back down to Burlington- 2 hrs again- via Grand Isle

It was just such an easy, relaxed itinerary- we rented a minivan for cryin' out loud- with such high reward around every corner. Given the various interests represented here, I felt like recommending it. And maybe reliving it in my head a little bit. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Passed through on a few occasions with, thankfully, time for leisurely drive.

Once at near peak autumn.

Pretty country.

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

^^^This^^^ is the essence for me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, alexava said:

I took this a few months ago driving in my community. I have no other explanation,...,

20E7BCF7-6F4F-42D9-AF91-1963427045E4.jpeg

Well, they at least seem self aware. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, they at least seem self aware. 

High class white trash

said it twice.

• Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, McLoofus said:

Always wanted to visit Goodsprings, Nevada...........Wife wants us to go to West for vacation this year.....Told her I want to head North........Lake Guntersville?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Always wanted to visit Goodsprings, Nevada...........Wife wants us to go to West for vacation this year.....Told her I want to head North........Lake Guntersville?

Love Lake Guntersville! Check out Main Channel Brewing while you're there.

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I spotted this mo fo after 15 or so minutes of glassing Grand Teton. 

Sorry for the over exposure.

F29CF22B-8F03-4F7D-82B1-73487769726A.jpeg

6406C547-B83F-419F-9BD5-4A80434EE021.png

Will have to scan in a picture I got while in Glacier in '96. Amazing animals. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Love Lake Guntersville! Check out Main Channel Brewing while you're there.

Had a job interview in 2011..........was almost willing to take 10,000 pay cut too live in bass fishing paradise..........3 days later tornado hit.?

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Had a job interview in 2011..........was almost willing to take 10,000 pay cut too live in bass fishing paradise..........3 days later tornado hit.?

We need the FB-style "whoa" reaction

• Haha 1