Post a picture

Well Sadie has suffered a concussion. Took a knee to the face on a breakaway in a game against Briarwood last night. 

A86Symu.jpg

She seemed fine. No loss of consciousness, lucid, no headache, no dizziness, no nausea. Eye hurt, but that's to be expected. Finished the game in goal. 

We were more concerned about an orbital bone injury than a concussion and she was fine when she went to bed. Woke up this morning a bit, well, off, though. Kept talking nonsense, mostly with the word chicken, but she went to school. 

School nurse called, saying she felt weird after working on a computer all morning. Wife picked her up and brought her to our ER, where, sure enough, they diagnosed her with a concussion. Luckily light, so she should be clear after this weekend, but she's going to have to miss some soccer, which she really hates. 

Seemed to be in a good mood about the whole thing in the ER though. 

QLYws5i.jpg

FWqqjqs.jpg

• Sad 3

Bummer, @AUDub! Glad she was smart and went to the nurse. I know it sucks for her to miss a little soccer but she'll be back out there in no time. And  nobody has to tell y'all anything about concussions. Glad it was light. 

• Thanks 1

Damn @AUDub! So sorry to hear this about Sadie! Those brain injuries can be scary as hell. Glad she got diagnosed. Now the tough part...waiting for her to heal.

My youngest son got knocked unconscious last soccer season. Talked nonsense for two hours. It took him almost a  month to quit having headaches. It effectively ended his season.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Was in St Louis last week.  Went to the top of the Gateway Arch right before closing.  Also went to the Cardinals Hall of Fame.  Pretty cool.  The 1/8th uni was Eddy Gadel's, shortest man to ever play in a big league game (promotional stunt by Bill Veeck when he owned the St Louis Browns).

Didn't take a picture, but also got to hold Stan Musial and Lou Brock's game used bats.

0822181957.jpg

0822182001.jpg

0822181955a.jpg

0822182112.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Was in St Louis last week.  Went to the top of the Gateway Arch right before closing.  Also went to the Cardinals Hall of Fame.  Pretty cool.  The 1/8th uni was Eddy Gadel's, shortest man to ever play in a big league game (promotional stunt by Bill Veeck when he owned the St Louis Browns).

Didn't take a picture, but also got to hold Stan Musial and Lou Brock's game used bats.

0822181957.jpg

0822182001.jpg

0822181955a.jpg

0822182112.jpg

If they still do it you need to go to Anheuser-Busch brewing/distribution tour. I work on a job for McKesson Drug Distribution  in St Louis which at the time was located within their brewing/distribution secured location. It was truly unbelievable now that was over 30 years ago and I'm sure its not anything like it was then. 

Anheuser-Busch

• Like 1

Really fascinating cloud formation.  Looks like a giant tornado or nuke plume, but just an isolated thunderstorm cloud brewing. You can see how clear on either side of the cloud. 

20180830_184132.jpg

20180830_184053.jpg

Like father, like son. I guess it's true. Came across this photo recently of my mom and dad from 1951. My wife and me at the Grand Canyon this year. Almost a mirror image. 

FullSizeR_2.jpg

2018061895122831.jpg

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

She feeling ok?

She's fine. Got an appointment with her pediatrician this afternoon to see if she's medically clear to play. After that, we have the club protocol.

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

She's fine. Got an appointment with her pediatrician this afternoon to see if she's medically clear to play. After that, we have the club protocol.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sadie had her first game since the injury this afternoon and was fine. We controlled them and kept it in their half so she didn’t have much to do. Did aggressively charge and take a collision at one point but bounced right up.

Also, Ava is mean and won’t share cake. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:36 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Went to see Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Orpheum for the second year in a row. It’s always a great time. 

So...

QJ8SvMd.jpg

???

Such a fox in this film. 

1984ish.........girlfriends brother worked at theater.....maybe 85ish...........let us stay and watch midnight showing after our movie was over.......never seen anything like it.......audience had me in tears........can still picture the audience during every awkward pause of the movie ? .........classic?

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:03 AM, WhoDatWarEagle said:

Took this at a truckstop in grand bay go figure...

9DC01300-1667-498F-B81B-CEA009431CBA.jpeg

Aren't they the "watermelon capital" ?........Imagine had you ventured further south into BLB or Alabama Port would have gotten worse?

On 9/10/2018 at 11:42 AM, kevon67 said:

Aren't they the "watermelon capital" ?........Imagine had you ventured further south into BLB or Alabama Port would have gotten worse?

Yeah boy. They love them watermelons over there haha.