Post a picture

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I would use another word other then nice......I hate snakes

Give me chills up my spine similar to pizzing a 12pack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Give me chills up my spine similar to pizzing a 12pack.

Weird thing about it I was brought up on a farm. I worked on my dads farm until I went to Auburn. Was around all kind of snakes............of course I killed most of them 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Weird thing about it I was brought up on a farm. I work on my dads farm until I went to Auburn. Was around all kind of snakes............of course I kill most of them 

I might hate them too if I were you.

Saw this driving home from work a couple of days ago. It's the first time I've ever seen one that actually looks like a shining pot of gold at the end of it off the side of the road. 

KIMG1089.JPG

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Saw this driving home from work a couple of days ago. It's the first time I've ever seen one that actually looks like a shining pot of gold at the end of it off the side of the road. 

KIMG1089.JPG

Looks a little like hwy 98.............nice pic?

Instead of watching our dumpster fire of an offense, some friends and I took our dads to Wrigley for a few days and then shot down to South Bend for Notre Dame/Stanford.  HIGHLY recommend taking in a game in South Bend.  Great place, friendly people, and gorgeous campus.

0929181927.jpg

0929181522_HDR.jpg

0929181745.jpg

0929181538.jpg

0927181838.jpg

0927181703.jpg

0929181544.jpg

0929181618.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 10/5/2018 at 11:45 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Instead of watching our dumpster fire of an offense, some friends and I took our dads to Wrigley for a few days and then shot down to South Bend for Notre Dame/Stanford.  HIGHLY recommend taking in a game in South Bend.  Great place, friendly people, and gorgeous campus.

0929181927.jpg

0929181522_HDR.jpg

0929181745.jpg

0929181538.jpg

0927181838.jpg

0927181703.jpg

0929181544.jpg

0929181618.jpg

Been to both many times completely agree especially ND not a Cubbie fan but if baseball fan you have to go

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 10:45 PM, Brad_ATX said:

0929181927.jpg

AWESOME. My sister just married a Notre Dame grad, so I'm hoping to head up there with him sometime. How was it??? Atmosphere compared to an SEC school? How was the tailgating experience?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

AWESOME. My sister just married a Notre Dame grad, so I'm hoping to head up there with him sometime. How was it??? Atmosphere compared to an SEC school? How was the tailgating experience?

It's definitely not loud like an SEC school, but I loved the stadium.  This picture was taken three rows from the top and the sight lines were great.  Comparable to sitting at the top of the lower bowl at AU.  We did more walking campus and seeing some of their traditions than tailgating (trumpets under the dome was cool).  The few tailgates I crashed for a minute were all super welcoming and had plenty of cold, free beer.

What caught us the most though was during the game.  There wasn't a single corporate or business advertisement anywhere in the stadium or on the jumbotron.  Also no stopping to acknowledge donors or anything.  The only "ad-like" thing I saw was about the school itself and some kids receiving academic scholarships saying thank you.  It was purely football which was just refreshing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

What caught us the most though was during the game.  There wasn't a single corporate or business advertisement anywhere in the stadium or on the jumbotron.  Also no stopping to acknowledge donors or anything.  The only "ad-like" thing I saw was about the school itself and some kids receiving academic scholarships saying thank you.  It was purely football which was just refreshing.

That's very refreshing. Rare to see, even in high school. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 12:12 PM, Brad_ATX said:

It's definitely not loud like an SEC school, but I loved the stadium.  This picture was taken three rows from the top and the sight lines were great.  Comparable to sitting at the top of the lower bowl at AU.  We did more walking campus and seeing some of their traditions than tailgating (trumpets under the dome was cool).  The few tailgates I crashed for a minute were all super welcoming and had plenty of cold, free beer.

I used to hate ND (pretty common I guess...you love 'em or hate 'em) but for the last few years, as I've gotten older, I've begun pulling for them because in this day and age of Nothing's Sacred and Revisionist History and anything being "traditional" is pretty much scoffed at anymore, etc..... It's nice that they're still VERY traditional, which you confirmed with your comments about the lack of advertising, etc.

Great photos.  Thanks for sharing your experience!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I used to hate ND (pretty common I guess...you love 'em or hate 'em) but for the last few years, as I've gotten older, I've begun pulling for them because in this day and age of Nothing's Sacred and Revisionist History and anything being "traditional" is pretty much scoffed at anymore, etc..... It's nice that they're still VERY traditional, which you confirmed with your comments about the lack of advertising, etc.

Great photos.  Thanks for sharing your experience!

Same here. Growing up, you were supposed to hate Notre Dame. It was just part of the deal. I didn't even know why I hated them. But after getting older, actually meeting a lot of alums, getting to know more about their actual culture, visiting South Bend... yeah, nothing to hate whatsoever. That is a place where they genuinely love the football team as an extension of the school more than as an entity unto itself. All the winning back in the day doesn't hurt though, lol. 

Poor Cecilia has HFM. Been crying all day, almost nonstop. Finally found something that calms her down. Remember how I said rats are great pets? Lo and behold. 

NYPguLR.jpg

mKbNNtX.jpg

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sadie and I went to an Atlanta United game today and lordy was it fun. Place was rocking. 71,000 for a soccer game. Times have changed. 

TBw1iEW.jpg

zty82HF.jpg

ltFGvE0.jpg

0Tp6DUk.jpg

And anytime I do anything in Atlanta from now on, we're doing it on MARTA. Convenient as hell. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/18/2018 at 8:21 PM, AUDub said:

Poor Cecilia has HFM. Been crying all day, almost nonstop. Finally found something that calms her down. Remember how I said rats are great pets? Lo and behold. 

NYPguLR.jpg

mKbNNtX.jpg

Seen my fill of rats after flood waters disappeared after Hurricane Katrina.........rats and snakes send chills up my spine......as always thanks for sharing pics👍

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 9:21 PM, AUDub said:

NYPguLR.jpg

My brother had a pet rat when we were kids. Best damn pet ever. Well, a couple of the dogs were better because they were more durable.

Hope Cecilia is feeling better and glad you guys enjoyed the United match! The roof was open, the upper deck was open, they won, they grabbed the Champions League slot... doesn't get too much better than that, even if Josef was off his game and Miggy didn't play. (Although it's awesome to see them beat a Schweinsteiger side, no matter how soft, w/o Miggy or Tito.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hope Cecilia is feeling better...

She is! Woke up Saturday feeling like a million bucks. That was easily the sickest she's been though. High fever, which is bad enough, but the that broke and we had to deal with the sores. Her poor bottom had sores all over it and that made even the diaper uncomfortable. Had them in her mouth too, so we pretty much relied on yogurt and ice cream for two days at meal time.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

...and glad you guys enjoyed the United match! The roof was open, the upper deck was open, they won, they grabbed the Champions League slot... doesn't get too much better than that, even if Josef was off his game and Miggy didn't play. (Although it's awesome to see them beat a Schweinsteiger side, no matter how soft, w/o Miggy or Tito.)

It was extremely pleasant with the roof open. Cool breeze all match and comfy as all get out. Arthur Blank keeps food prices reasonable too. 

Still just stoked about MARTA. Never realized how easy it makes getting around in town.

I has forgotten Schweinsteiger was in Chicago until I saw the lineups. Easy to tell which side had more quality though. 

Sadie and the rest of the club got to go kick around on the field after the match. Forgot to mention that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Still just stoked about MARTA. Never realized how easy it makes getting around in town.

Don't let anybody who doesn't live *and* work on one of the 2 lines hear you say that, lol. 

Super cool that the girls got on the field.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't let anybody who doesn't live *and* work on one of the 2 lines hear you say that, lol. 

Super cool that the girls got on the field.

They're spoiled. Here in Birmingham, an even modestly functional public transit system is a pipe dream. 

32 minutes ago, AUDub said:

They're spoiled. Here in Birmingham, an even modestly functional public transit system is a pipe dream. 

Compared to the rest of the South, sure. Compared to most metro hubs, not really, unfortunately. 

Especially when you have real progressive thinkers like Cobb County voting down their own MARTA line so that "people from downtown Atlanta don't take the train up here to commit crime". I'm paraphrasing, but the message wasn't any more encoded than that. And they also said of the new Braves stadium, "Any transportation solution must not include public transit from the city". That's almost verbatim. Sigh. Sorry. I fully admit to being a stereotypical triggered Atlantan on this issue, and I don't even live there anymore. Just a microcosm of unhealthy attitudes all over the place. Anyway, yes, it's great to ride the train to events downtown.