Post a picture

Just now, Barnacle said:

"McLittle" - man, I love that. :laugh:

A lot of our acquaintances don't even know her real name. It seemed like a cute thing to call her one time, and while we post tons and tons of pics of her on social media, we thought we'd keep her actual name out of it until she was old enough to manage her own online footprint. So McLittle became her online alias. A bonus feature is that we tag all posts w/ #mclittle so that you can search by that and pull up a ton of photos and related posts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just finding this thread.  I travel a decent bit so have some cool things to share.

1) Lightning hitting while playing a little Top Golf in Austin.

2) Our seats at the College World Series last year.

3) Beautiful scenery of the Cascade Mountains on a day trip in Seattle.

4) Old Stone Fort State Park in Tennessee (waterfall)

lightning.jpg

CWS.jpg

Seattle.jpg

Tennessee.jpg

Good Stuff. Sure not the "cheap seats" CWS. Got to be a great trip.

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good Stuff. Sure not the "cheap seats" CWS. Got to be a great trip.

Haha!  We actually had worse seats, but found the best thing to do was go in when the gates opened and stand behind the home plate section where they have standing room rails.  From there, the actual ticket holders would often leave in the 6th and we would snag their tickets as they left and go sit down for the rest of the game.

Definitely a great trip though.  Anyone who loves baseball should do it at least once in their life.  Tickets are pretty reasonable ($30 a game) and there's plenty to do between games or after games.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 3:52 PM, Barnacle said:

How do you feel about lane-splitting?

The one that kind'a amazes me in semi-drafting.

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, that pic was one of a bunch I took that day.  We did a day trip from Seattle to go whale watching.  Actually went all the way up into Canada to find some Humpbacks, but it was a beautiful day.  Never really wanted to do an Alaskan cruise until that day.

Top Golf is cool and you don't have to be a golfer to enjoy it.  I've been a few times (live in Austin) and it's always fun.  It is a little expensive though, so go with a group to take down the costs.  Food and beverages being delivered to your bay while you play is really nice and the food is actually pretty good.

I've only done once, so far, but it's epic. August provides humpbacks (and a few others), municipal storm sewers so full of spawning salmon you feel you could walk across, and worn-out (post-breeding) sea lions littering the shores. Eagles are sufficiently plentiful that cars sometimes hit them (like unto buzzards in So. Louisiana) but Alaskans provide rescue/rehab centers (unlike, as far as I know) Lousianans.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
spelling
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I've only done once, so far, but it's epic. August provides humpbacks (and a few others), municipal storm sewers so full of spawning salmon you feel you could walk across, and worn-out (post-breeding) sea lions littering the shores. Eagles are sufficiently plentiful that cars sometimes hit them (like unto buzzards in So. Louisiana) but Alaskans provide rescue/rehab centers (unlike, as far as I know) Lousianans.

Are there options for "active" Alaskan cruises? That is extremely high on my bucket list, but I've wondered if I should do more physically demanding travel first. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Are there options for "active" Alaskan cruises? That is extremely high on my bucket list, but I've wondered if I should do more physically demanding travel first. 

Again, only the once (and it took years of breaking down resistance on the part of my far better half). I think, however (and with her newfound willingness), next time it'll be by rental car on the Alaska Ferry. Lot's of freedom that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Try an Antarctic cruise then.  The trip through the Drake Passage is likely to be physically demanding.

• Like 1

Sadiebug, who until a few weeks ago was my middle child, and I got to have a daddy daughter day at Six Flags yesterday. She'd never been on big coasters before and handled them like a champ.

large.IMG_20170725_101824812.jpg

We got lucky. Everyone avoided the park because of the forecast. We didn't wait over 10 minutes for any ride. We rode Batman 3 times, Mindbender twice, Superman (her favorite) 3 times, Goliath (my favorite) twice. Also the Scorcher, Acrophobia, the Great American Scream Machine, and the Cyclone, which shuts down this week. Just tall enough to ride the really scary ones.

large.IMG_20170725_150436376_HDR.jpg

Proud of her. Not every 10 year old handles coasters well, and now she absolutely loves them.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Try an Antarctic cruise then.  The trip through the Drake Passage is likely to be physically demanding.

As soon as we win the lottery. In the meantime, I'll try see if I can conquer the other 3 continents I haven't been to yet first. Gotta get to at least 4, anyway. 

Man, I'm loving the kid picks. I remember when my boys were cute. Now? They're just smelly teenagers that consume anything that sits still long enough and spend waaay too much time in the bathroom.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, I'm loving the kid picks. I remember when my boys were cute. Now? They're just smelly teenagers that consume anything that sits still long enough and spend waaay too much time in the bathroom.

:rollin:

Omg... hahahahaha

(I'm laughing because I have no idea what you're talking about or what it's like to be a smelly teenager who spends way too much time in the bathroom. None. Zero.)

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I rue the day when my teenage sins come back to haunt me in the form of a teenage boy who shares my resemblance. Although, my wife does all the laundry, so at least I won't have to deal with any "protein stains."

NSFW 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Do you, by any chance take requests?

If you decide to post anything recent, I think a focus on the former would be preferable to the latter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Do you, by any chance take requests?

If you decide to post anything recent, I think a focus on the former would be preferable to the latter.

YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY* KILLING ME THIS MORNING. 

*Because that word now has a second definition that is literally the opposite of its original meaning. >:(

47 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This was on our most recent vacation to NC. As an aside, if you've never visited the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest....do it. 

Amen to that.

Nice work getting those rascals out in the woods, sir. 

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Amen to that.

Nice work getting those rascals out in the woods, sir. 

JKMF was freaking awesome. 

My youngest son is a straight up hunting fool. Kid loves the woods. Big brother is coming back around...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

FNmyLvq.jpg

This was on our most recent vacation to NC. As an aside, if you've never visited the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest....do it. 

Bulldogs??

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Bulldogs??

Yessir. Full disclosure...I grew up an Auburn fan, as both of my parents graduated from there in the late 60's. Being a  resident of Mississippi, I went to MSU for my chosen degree. Purely a financial move

Edited by Tiger Refuge

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yessir. Full disclosure...I grew up an Auburn fan, as both of my parents graduated from there in the late 60's. Being a  resident of Mississippi, I went to MSU for my chosen degree. Purely a financial move

Well thank god it was not those other bullpups in the east

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well thank god it was not those other bullpups in the east

Damn right man. 

I would have absolutley loved to have gone to Auburn. I just couldn't make it work.

My youngest loves Dak. I mean looooves Dak. I can't complain.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Damn right man. 

I would have absolutley loved to have gone to Auburn. I just couldn't make it work.

My youngest loves Dak. I mean looooves Dak. I can't complain.

You can help but like Dak