Post a picture

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Compared to the rest of the South, sure. Compared to most metro hubs, not really, unfortunately. 

Especially when you have real progressive thinkers like Cobb County voting down their own MARTA line so that "people from downtown Atlanta don't take the train up here to commit crime". I'm paraphrasing, but the message wasn't any more encoded than that. And they also said of the new Braves stadium, "Any transportation solution must not include public transit from the city". That's almost verbatim. Sigh. Sorry. I fully admit to being a stereotypical triggered Atlantan on this issue, and I don't even live there anymore. Just a microcosm of unhealthy attitudes all over the place. Anyway, yes, it's great to ride the train to events downtown. 

Well that just sucks.

My only exposure to public transit is the Metro in DC. It was freaking awesome...except when I had a few beers at Chruchkey and couldn’t find my way back into the subway. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Well that just sucks.

My only exposure to public transit is the Metro in DC. It was freaking awesome...except when I had a few beers at Chruchkey and couldn’t find my way back into the subway. 

Agreed. The DC metro is one of my favorites. Chruchkey, too!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Looks like I had been to Chruchkey....

I figured it was 50/50 intentional or not and realized it didn't matter and was perfect. 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

wl5cKG2.jpg

Words really can’t express how much I appreciate this animal and how much he’s been through and how much he means to me. 

#rescuepup

Beautiful dog

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Came home from voting this morning and thought the backyard was on fire.

nxisAm1.jpg

K4UqQKS.jpg

Morning sun making the water on the fence evaporate? Always cool to me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

First November snow in my part of Louisiana  in almost 70 years. Surprise!

A774C4F0-007D-4993-9939-6EAA3138B789.png

Yep.........I am jealous😁

• Haha 1

Sadie and I are in Memphis for a tournament. Opened with 3-1 and 3-0 wins. Already guaranteed the final tomorrow. Captain Sadie! 

p0Z0xcy.jpg

icEgGct.jpg

• Like 2

B)

seuO3BN.jpg

V7X7YtZ.jpg

Gotta love when the coach throws the keeper a bone in the final of a tournament. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed after posting this. At 13 he's doing good with basic safety. But that muzzle is too close to the noggin. We gotta work on not 20 gauging our ear off.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Edited by alexava
  • Like 3

Got invited on a trip to Arkansas during Thanksgiving. Alex is now hooked. It was slow out there but still much better than any north Alabama hunt he's ever been on. Gotta mount his first greenhead.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Edited by alexava
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How'd it go?? Looks like great weather. 

I was waaaaaaaay undertrained. Mental note....Memphis has some hills.....

It was hot and humid. I'm almost embarrassed to say that since I ran all summer in the terrible heat. However, the weather the past month has made me soft. 

The race was FANTASTIC! I have never run a race this big. 26,000 runners total from 5k to Full. Course support was phenomenal! I'll do this every year if I can!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It was hot and humid. I'm almost embarrassed to say that since I ran all summer in the terrible heat. However, the weather the past month has made me soft. 

The race was FANTASTIC! I have never run a race this big. 26,000 runners total from 5k to Full. Course support was phenomenal! I'll do this every year if I can!

Nice! I only ever ran one big race- the Mercedes in Bham (just the half!). I was blown away by the spectacle of it all. Such a positive community, you runners. Hope you had some BBQ after. And beer. All the beer. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nice! I only ever ran one big race- the Mercedes in Bham (just the half!). I was blown away by the spectacle of it all. Such a positive community, you runners. Hope you had some BBQ after. And beer. All the beer. 

Another mental note...bbq doesn't make the best pre-race fuel...but it is delicious! And, yes. Runners are a positive(oftentimes disgustingly so) group as a whole!

I picked up some Dragon's Milk BBA. It was good. Seemed a bit thin for an imperial. I'll post a review at the appropriate place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Another mental note...bbq doesn't make the best pre-race fuel...but it is delicious! And, yes. Runners are a positive(oftentimes disgustingly so) group as a whole!

I picked up some Dragon's Milk BBA. It was good. Seemed a bit thin for an imperial. I'll post a review at the appropriate place.

Dragon's Milk to me is the SN Pale Ale of BBA imperial stouts, lol. Like, you can find it even on only-merely-good beer lists. And it will absolutely do in a pinch. 

Oh, wait... "appropriate place"... ahem, yes, sorry. To the Beer Cave!

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2018 at 9:52 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

I'll mentally support you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2