Post a picture

So just got back from surprising my mom with a trip to TPC Sawgrass for Christmas.  Pretty cool experience. I made par on 17, but she freaking birdied the thing!  Sank a 35 footer.  I couldn't stop laughing since I was so happy for her.

Clubhouse had the Player's trophy, Fed Ex Cup, and President's Cup all on display too.  Got to peek at Vijay Singh (not pictured) practicing while we were there as well.

Also cool that our hotel was the host for Texas A&M since they are there for the Gator Bowl.

1227180954_HDR.jpg

1227181618.jpg

1227181628.jpg

1227181603.jpg

1227180943.jpg

1227180906.jpg

1227180918.jpg

1227180902.jpg

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Know it's a cool day in Birmingham when you can see Miller and Gorgas off in the distance like that.

ZhTgDI6.jpg

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Are there actual trails along the lake?

Yep. There are a few trails. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yep. There are a few trails. 

Cool. My folks have a cabin there but not really any trails that I've found nearby. (Parker Creek area, which is quite a ways from wherever that photo was taken, I'm guessing.)

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Cool. My folks have a cabin there but not really any trails that I've found nearby. (Parker Creek area, which is quite a ways from wherever that photo was taken, I'm guessing.)

Look up Cherokee Ridge.  Hiking around the Martin Dam is good.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Well, furlough got me working on my side gig. Installed hardwood flooring last week for my parents.

AFE14C8C-D277-4EE8-8F9B-3D5E03C402DF.jpeg

BE9B7ADC-7FD0-4154-A059-D00952C7CCE0.jpeg

43419B3A-258F-4562-B5BA-ECB73538DCAF.jpeg

1755436C-3C58-4531-B927-3E3EFFB7606F.jpeg

Impressive work, especially around the door frames!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got to go to Hand in Paw's (a therapy animal group in the 'ham) ribbon cutting for their new building today, as I helped design and set up their Children's Hospital simulation room. Mingle with folks with more money than God, lol. 

Spent most of it mingling with this guy. 

K78CWmy.jpg

That's Duke, a therapy Great Dane that could lick me in the face were he on his hind paws, and I'm 6'3, for reference. Comes to Children's all the time. Him's a good boy. 

FetsrwJ.jpg

Dogs like him are trained not to smooch, so they'll bump noses with you if you put your face near theirs in lieu of licking. 

Someone was nice enough to take this one of my boss (center), one of the engineering team and me in the room we helped put together. 

TvebSZ3.jpg

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

Got to go to Hand in Paw's (a therapy animal group in the 'ham) ribbon cutting for their new building today, as I helped design and set up their Children's Hospital simulation room.

Very very cool. I'm a huge believer in pet therapy. My parents did it for a long time in the Gump with our menagerie and I would tag along a lot- nursing homes and such. 

They have a story about one of our dogs making a lady speak for the first time in (double digit number, don't recall exactly) years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, AUDub said:

Got to go to Hand in Paw's (a therapy animal group in the 'ham) ribbon cutting for their new building today, as I helped design and set up their Children's Hospital simulation room. Mingle with folks with more money than God, lol. 

Spent most of it mingling with this guy. 

K78CWmy.jpg

That's Duke, a therapy Great Dane that could lick me in the face were he on his hind paws, and I'm 6'3, for reference. Comes to Children's all the time. Him's a good boy. 

FetsrwJ.jpg

Dogs like him are trained not to smooch, so they'll bump noses with you if you put your face near theirs in lieu of licking. 

Someone was nice enough to take this one of my boss (center), one of the engineering team and me in the room we helped put together. 

TvebSZ3.jpg

Awesome. Those are good folks at Hand in Paw. I worked with CarMax back in '14 and our project was to do some yardwork and build a storage shed for them. Therapy dogs are the best. Side note, just noticed how you resemble your Avatar. 😁

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Awesome. Those are good folks at Hand in Paw. I worked with CarMax back in '14 and our project was to do some yardwork and build a storage shed for them. Therapy dogs are the best. Side note, just noticed how you resemble your Avatar. 😁

Mrs. Dub absolutely refuses to let me shave the beard and keep the mustache. Too 80s for her, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Side note, just noticed how you resemble your Avatar. 😁

Haha, same here. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Girl scout cookie day. Got her first thin mint and promptly crashed. 

bjPRW2T.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Grandma Loof and McLittle at the beach at Parris Island. They make Marines. We saw some for real DI face screaming while touring the Depot.

IMG_20190105_135345.jpg

IMG_20190105_154655.jpg

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2