Post a picture

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

4jVZDPF.jpg

Which beach are y'all at? Packing up the family for PCB tomorrow. 

24 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

We are in Fort Morgan. Here through Sunday...

Remote...

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

We are in Fort Morgan. Here through Sunday...

Hey neighbor!

• Like 1

Double rainbow from the seawall at sunset.

large.IMG_20170729_192255246.jpg

And one with my girls just because. 

large_4417.jpeg

My oldest, Ava on the far left, can't keep a straight face during photos. 

Edited by Bigbens42
  • Like 4

On 7/29/2017 at 8:40 PM, Bigbens42 said:

Double rainbow from the seawall at sunset.

large.IMG_20170729_192255246.jpg

And one with my girls just because. 

large_4417.jpeg

My oldest, Ava on the far left, can't keep a straight face during photos. 

Hope you are staying for the week. Weather and water is great

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

The forgotten coast down at Mexico Beach this morning. Gorgeous with little humidity today

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

Yeah it was in the 60s in PCB this morning. So pleasant. Never thought I'd feel the vaunted nip in PCB, but I guess it finds you no matter where you are. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hope you are staying for the week. Weather and water is great

Down here until Saturday, 

13 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Down here until Saturday, 

Beautiful week. Have fun, stay safe...............If you want a beer at 10:00 this morning go for it. You are on the coast

• Haha 1

Dawg, I'm two shots of orchata rum, one shot of Milagro and three Goin' Coastals down. I am lit with a capital L :laugh:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Dawg, I'm two shots of orchata rum, one shot of Milagro and three Goin' Coastals down. I am lit with a capital L :laugh:

Yeah, well I'm at work. Jelly brah?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Please post often today. Seriously. 

:drink1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Cross posting from angler thread. There's an apparent fish kill going on in one of the ponds I go to often. 

8fT7728.jpg

Humble apologies. My drive-by "sad face" response in the other thread was not intended to be dismissive, in any way shape or form.

Please remind me how many summers you've been in your new digs (suburban Memphis if I recall?), and have you seen this phenomenon here before? One might hope that any toxic event would have triggered some sort'a advisory in your local news. Complex interplay between the water-flowthrough, weather, and the balance between health of green plants vs bacteria, however, can result in conditions where dissolved oxygen gets below the level required for fish. The effect is often greatest in the deeper waters, and is exacerbated by nutrient inputs (e.g., lawn fertilizers in rain runoff). One possible telltale is black sediments (especially in areas with high iron content in the soils).

Whether due to toxicity (poisoned fish) or anoxia (suffocated fish feeding a bacterial bloom), don't eat your catch from that pond for a bit.

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Humble apologies. My drive-by "sad face" response in the other thread was not intended to be dismissive, in any way shape or form.

Please remind me how many summers you've been in your new digs (suburban Memphis if I recall?), and have you seen this phenomenon here before? One might hope that any toxic event would have triggered some sort'a advisory in your local news. Complex interplay between the water-flowthrough, weather, and the balance between health of green plants vs bacteria, however, can result in conditions where dissolved oxygen gets below the level required for fish. The effect is often greatest in the deeper waters, and is exacerbated by nutrient inputs (e.g., lawn fertilizers in rain runoff). One possible telltale is black sediments (especially in areas with high iron content in the soils).

Whether due to toxicity (poisoned fish) or anoxia (suffocated fish feeding a bacterial bloom), don't eat your catch from that pond for a bit.

I've been here a few years off and on depending when you ask me. It's been a year since I moved back, and I only started fishing around here last Fall. 

But anyway, I talked to local parks and rec and they said this is kind of a yearly thing around this time for that pond. It's about 4 feet deep if I had to guess, and the water temp has been around 90 for a little while now. It's typical for the smaller fish, but the bass and catfish you see in the picture may allude to something else such as fertilizer run off. Regardless, I really don't trust any of the ponds I fish around here--all catch and release. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm concerned that the AUFamily criteria for family friendly doesn't mesh with my family. So, no pictures from me. hahaha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Unfortunately, I'm concerned that the AUFamily criteria for family friendly doesn't mesh with my family. So, no pictures from me. hahaha

You have my attention...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Not sure whether to be relieved or offended, so I'll make do with "Thanks."

• Like 2

Just kidding. I'm gonna post a few pictures. These pictures are all taken at my home, which rests on a park-like hillside that backs up to the woods. These are not exactly "pets." They just hang around my house.

The first is our resident peacock, named Percy. Here he stands at the edge of our koi pond. Second, Percy likes to perch on the railing of our front porch to survey his domain.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/AU-Rex/Percy%20at%20Koi%20Pond.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m497/AU-Rex/Percy%20Perches1.jpg

Edited by AURex
  • Like 3