Post a picture

15 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Holy....., I mean

Thank you for your service.

Not sure when picture was taken, but are things any better out there this year? I gather they're finally getting some water, but that doesn't change the fact that even the litter, grown in a dryer environment is just, plain, more resinous than even my pines...

ETA - ...and I sort'a value old-growth pine knots down here as lighter wood."

Every young man needs to learn "fat lighter", a nice fire by the lake, and a cold beer on a cool winter day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, McBeavis said:

But... FIRE.

Fixed your handle.

Edited by Bigbens42
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Every young man needs to learn "fat lighter", a nice fire by the lake, and a cold beer on a cool winter day.

Some older folks just learn to get by with old knots.

On 7/18/2017 at 10:48 AM, McLoofus said:

Lol. I don't have a problem with bikers, and fundamentally, I don't even have a problem with them not wearing helmets. But when a guy is riding in traffic and *his helmet is on the freaking bike*... yeah, I can't really get with that. 

And if I were in health care or any emergency response capacity, I know I'd have strong feelings about it. 

I have a Harley Davidson Streetglide and I never ride mine without a helmet.  I don't have a problem with those that don't wear helmets in the states where its optional.  Here is Florida it is optional.   My issue with most of them (at least here) is HOW they ride, way above the speed limit, and weaving in and out of traffic like idiots.  Most of those types of riders are on sport bikes and all they want to do is go fast (and obviously be stupid). 

• Like 1

All I'm taking lately are baby pictured, so apologies in advance for inundating the thread with them.

large.IMG_20170722_074007955.jpg

• Like 6

Several years ago on Cowrock Mountain in north GA. Little Gracie the Pug is no longer with us, but she was a special one. Nine pounds of pain. Many people in Atlanta wept when she passed.

Image may contain: people standing, outdoor and nature

• Like 5

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Several years ago on Cowrock Mountain in north GA. Little Gracie the Pug is no longer with us, but she was a special one. Nine pounds of pain. Many people in Atlanta wept when she passed.

Image may contain: people standing, outdoor and nature

Great picture!

Pug dogs are some goofy looking little guys, but damn they have a lot of personality! 

Sorry for your loss. Its a lot harder than some people realize. 

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Great picture!

Pug dogs are some goofy looking little guys, but damn they have a lot of personality! 

Sorry for your loss. Its a lot harder than some people realize. 

Indeed. Cried like a baby for awhile. Been over a year but still miss the heck out of her. 

While we are still on the dog kick: 

Here's me and my dude Ray from a few weeks ago, at my in-laws. Rolling Rock was all that was in the fridge, but it hit the spot on a hot afternoon.

20170624_142352.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/22/2017 at 11:40 AM, WarTiger said:

I have a Harley Davidson Streetglide and I never ride mine without a helmet.  I don't have a problem with those that don't wear helmets in the states where its optional.  Here is Florida it is optional.   My issue with most of them (at least here) is HOW they ride, way above the speed limit, and weaving in and out of traffic like idiots.  Most of those types of riders are on sport bikes and all they want to do is go fast (and obviously be stupid). 

How do you feel about lane-splitting?

47 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

RHPwIvA.jpg

Our cocker mix...watching for tree rats.

Hell of a shot right there.

Tree rats... never thought of them that way til I saw a squirrel tail backlit by the sun. Underneath that bushy cuteness, they really are just rats.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hell of a shot right there.

Tree rats... never thought of them that way til I saw a squirrel tail backlit by the sun. Underneath that bushy cuteness, they really are just rats.

Thanks bud. She's a pretty awesome do....person. She can go from intense to dork in about .27 milliseconds.

pT84Snn.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks bud. She's a pretty awesome do....person. She can go from intense to dork in about .27 milliseconds.

pT84Snn.jpg

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Our dog is bipolar

I see we're all friends here.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2017 at 9:02 AM, Bigbens42 said:

All I'm taking lately are baby pictured, so apologies in advance for inundating the thread with them.

large.IMG_20170722_074007955.jpg

I really appreciate what a proud dad you are. 

• Like 2

Just finding this thread.  I travel a decent bit so have some cool things to share.

1) Lightning hitting while playing a little Top Golf in Austin.

2) Our seats at the College World Series last year.

3) Beautiful scenery of the Cascade Mountains on a day trip in Seattle.

4) Old Stone Fort State Park in Tennessee (waterfall)

lightning.jpg

CWS.jpg

Seattle.jpg

Tennessee.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Seattle.jpg

All great pictures, but I like this one the most. The PACNW is beautiful. 

By the way, what did you think about Top Golf? Huntsville is building one and I'm curious. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

All great pictures, but I like this one the most. The PACNW is beautiful. 

By the way, what did you think about Top Golf? Huntsville is building one and I'm curious. 

Yeah, that pic was one of a bunch I took that day.  We did a day trip from Seattle to go whale watching.  Actually went all the way up into Canada to find some Humpbacks, but it was a beautiful day.  Never really wanted to do an Alaskan cruise until that day.

Top Golf is cool and you don't have to be a golfer to enjoy it.  I've been a few times (live in Austin) and it's always fun.  It is a little expensive though, so go with a group to take down the costs.  Food and beverages being delivered to your bay while you play is really nice and the food is actually pretty good.

• Like 1

@Brad_ATX, all great pics but that golf/lightning one is extremely cool. 

Agreed w/ @Barnacle about @Bigbens42 and the dad/baby stuff. Bring it all day, my man. I was just at the Verizon store trading baby girl pics with Ediri the Verizon guy. 

And, on that note, meet McLittle. This was one afternoon taking a random walk around our neighborhood. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, shoes, child and outdoor

Also, having a daughter is mostly awesome. Sometimes you really have to step up. Especially if you didn't first make sure that the polish would come off. The ladies freaking LOVE it, though.

Image may contain: one or more people, ring and closeup

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Top Golf is cool and you don't have to be a golfer to enjoy it.  I've been a few times (live in Austin) and it's always fun.  It is a little expensive though, so go with a group to take down the costs.  Food and beverages being delivered to your bay while you play is really nice and the food is actually pretty good.

Agree. GREAT place to have a party/group outing. You can take kids, but keep in mind that a bunch of very active little ones with golf clubs can peg the stress-o-meter.

The one I went to was crazy packed on a Saturday night, so don't show up randomly on a weekend night hoping to waltz right in. When we left, the line resembled that outside a ride at Disneyland.