Post a picture

I´m not much of an NFL fan, since college football is my passion, but who´s watching the Super Bowl this Sunday? What´s on the menu at your house?

Since I am trying to do Keto I would pick ribs, veggie platter, and chicken wings.

84044973_2694463457336451_74068993451040

Edited by Dan-0

1 hour ago, Dan-0 said:

I´m not much of an NFL fan, since college football is my passion, but who´s watching the Super Bowl this Sunday? What´s on the menu at your house?

Since I am trying to do Keto I would pick ribs, veggie platter, and chicken wings.

If somebody were catering my SB party and said you can have anything on this list, I would take everything but the subs, nachos and pizza.

-Pizza is my favorite food. Which means I eat a LOT. And I eat a LOT of it. So it wouldn't be "special", and yet I'd knock out 3 slices right off the bat and never get around to eating anything else.

-I love nachos! But they're not meant to just sit there on a buffet. More under dips.

-If you say ribs, I say yes, full stop.

-Sliders. Why commit to just one sandwich when you can have 3 different ones??? But also, you can have just one and leave room for other stuff.

-Sandwiches: See sliders.

-Mini hot dogs make everyone happy. Who doesn't love mini hot dogs?

-Look. Nobody *really* wants a veggie platter. But we have to make that concession to responsible behavior. Even on SB Sunday. Don't worry, you don't actually have to eat anything off it. But it has to be there.

-Wings are the 2nd biggest no brainer on the list.

-Dips are first because duh. Also, dips are just build-your-own nacho. Crispy chip, fresh dip, every time. All hail dips. 

PS- When's the last time y'all dipped a plain old kettle cooked potato chip in some old school French's French onion dip? Totally holds up. One of the few things we already had perfected in the 80s. 

• Love 2

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

PS- When's the last time y'all dipped a plain old kettle cooked potato chip in some old school French's French onion dip? Totally holds up. One of the few things we already had perfected in the 80s. 

Agreed! Chips & dip, Chex Mix (homemade), cocktail nuts, pigs in a blanket, and cheese & crackers. The classic snacks are the best. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gumbo-main dish

Dips of varying degrees(probably buffalo chicken and spinach artichoke)

Smoked stuffed jalapeños 

Smoked pig shots(maybe—if I feel like doing them, they’re a real pain in the ass to construct)

Deviled eggs

And beer. Lots of beer. And maybe some bourbon. And maybe some margs or old fashioneds. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

That's easy........................PBR's  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's easy........................PBR's  

I like PBR, Miller High Life, Rolling Rock, and Yuengling. Heck, I like any beer! 🍺

Cheers! 🍻

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Gumbo-main dish

Dips of varying degrees(probably buffalo chicken and spinach artichoke)

Smoked stuffed jalapeños 

Smoked pig shots(maybe—if I feel like doing them, they’re a real pain in the ass to construct)

Deviled eggs

And beer. Lots of beer. And maybe some bourbon. And maybe some margs or old fashioneds. 

Your text with your address didn't come through. Can you re-send?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My wife took this one of Montreal´s Gay Village on our recent trip. I had to talk her into going there, she didn´t want to go because she thought it was going to be a den of debauchery-- it´s actually just the artsy section of the city and everybody goes there.

67084739_10219392226817806_1708950878439

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

My wife took this one of Montreal´s Gay Village on our recent trip. I had to talk her into going there, she didn´t want to go because she thought it was going to be a den of debauchery-- it´s actually just the artsy section of the city and everybody goes there.

67084739_10219392226817806_1708950878439

Everybody goes there except that one lady who doesn't have any fingers anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Everybody goes there except that one lady who doesn't have any fingers anymore.

Lady?  That's insensitive.  Sorry about that.  I should have said person.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 12:00 PM, Dan-0 said:

Gluten free here so I'm choosing Ribs, Dips and the Veggie Platter. I miss normal bread something fierce. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Freak said:

Lady?  That's insensitive.  Sorry about that.  I should have said person.

I'm thinking this is art imitating life.  I'd recommend getting away from this area as soon as possible and investigating the artist.  

20200123_123919.jpg

20200123_124026.jpg

20200123_124047.jpg

A little Louisiana habitat.  This is actually a park that was built in the last year or two.  Glad they kept it true to the surrounding environment. 

• Like 3

Just some of the many reasons I love February in the elementary classroom...so much TO love...dental/heart health, Black History, 100th Day of School (today!), Global Day of Play (tomorrow!), Valentine's Day (you pray NOW, please!),  Presidents & Patriotism then and now, annnnnd Punxsutawney Phil's prognostications!

20200204_192657.jpg

20200204_192647.jpg

20200204_130938.jpg

20200204_192727.jpg

Edited by ToraGirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Just some of the many reasons I love February in the elementary classroom...so much TO love...dental/heart health, Black History, 100th Day of School (today!), Global Day of Play (tomorrow!), Valentine's Day (you pray NOW, please!),  Presidents & Patriotism then and now, annnnnd Punxsutawney Phil's prognostications!

20200204_192657.jpg

20200204_192647.jpg

20200204_130938.jpg

20200204_192727.jpg

My youngest participated in the 100 game.  She said she would eat 100 bowls of Cap'n Crunch Haha.  She is on such a cereal kick right now.  Didn't hear what her 100 nots are.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Um, @ToraGirl, do we need to have parent-teacher conferences for Rachel, Celso and Ellie? I mean, yay, but... are they okay?

Lol...mum is the word...🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, AUBwins said:

My youngest participated in the 100 game.  She said she would eat 100 bowls of Cap'n Crunch Haha.  She is on such a cereal kick right now.  Didn't hear what her 100 nots are.  

Ask her...now I am super-curious! Mine said they wouldn't eat kidneys, haggis, blood sausage, or black pudding either! 🤣🤣🤣 And I love all things Irish ('cept that) and most things British! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Um, @ToraGirl, do we need to have parent-teacher conferences for Rachel, Celso and Ellie? I mean, yay, but... are they okay?

But Grace has the appreciation of everyone within a few feet of her. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

Ask her...now I am super-curious! Mine said they wouldn't eat kidneys, haggis, blood sausage, or black pudding either! 🤣🤣🤣 And I love all things Irish ('cept that) and most things British! 

Thanks for reminding me lol.  She says pizza and green beans.  I bet you can guess which combo was for lunch today 😉. Sad thing is that is probably my favorite 2 things Haha.  

To close the loop, my not 100 would be pretty much cottage cheese, mayo, sour cream etc. My in laws think im allergic to white things. They are mostly correct Haha.  I do have a few exceptions though, like ranch on raw veggies. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

But Grace has the appreciation of everyone within a few feet of her. 

She cracked me up with that. "Kids say the darnedness things!" I also lost it over Brussels sprouts. I have tried and tried..many different ways. I just can't. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Thanks for reminding me lol.  She says pizza and green beans.  I bet you can guess which combo was for lunch today 😉. Sad thing is that is probably my favorite 2 things Haha.  

To close the loop, my not 100 would be pretty much cottage cheese, mayo, sour cream etc. My in laws think im allergic to white things. They are mostly correct Haha.  I do have a few exceptions though, like ranch on raw veggies. 

Auburn City Schools , 1972-1984. School lunch menu for Mondays...pizza (rectangular), corn, salad, maybe green beans, likely a roll, and a cookie, I think. That was pre-Michelle Obama. Pic is close. 🤣🤣🤣

422ff9dad3a42ecf9ef309c6eb669fca.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Kids at Pike Road, though a public school, can get Chick FilA sandwiches (outrageously priced, but they sell like hotcakes...and no pickle...that's a dealbreaker for me) on Wednesdays and personal Papa John's cheese or pepperoni pizza on Mondays. They have not accepted as proportionally much in federal lunchroom $$$...so guidelines are very different. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

She cracked me up with that. "Kids say the darnedness things!" I also lost it over Brussels sprouts. I have tried and tried..many different ways. I just can't. 

Me neither.

I've got a copy of the Art Linkletter book "Kid's Say the Darnedest Things". It belonged to my mother. It's hilarious, complete with Charles Shultz Peanuts illustrations. My wife seems to have at least one funny story everyday to counter the not so good ones. Not sure how you do it all day every day but thank goodness y'all do. 

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Me neither.

I've got a copy of the Art Linkletter book "Kid's Say the Darnedest Things". It belonged to my mother. It's hilarious, complete with Charles Shultz Peanuts illustrations. My wife seems to have at least one funny story everyday to counter the not so good ones. Not sure how you do it all day every day but thank goodness y'all do. 

Thank you! There are days I forget how hard it is because I love it so much...and then there's the opposite. 😉

• Like 2