Post a picture

On 3/30/2020 at 5:46 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Forgot to post these as well.  Before Coronavirus hit, I was in Florida at our HQ for work.  Before my flight left that evening, my boss said "get out of here and go have some fun before you take-off".  So I ended up at Gulfstream Park.  Took a conference call by the paddock at one point.  Good times.

Also had another thing where we got a backstage tour of the Cowboys offices and practice facility in Dallas.  The pic with the helmet is from Jerry Jones's seat in the War Room.  Those trophies are the actual ones they were presented on the field.

IMG_20200221_135805.jpg

IMG_20200221_135825.jpg

IMG_20200204_200154.jpg

Gulfstream is a good track it's my third favorite of So Fl. Hialeah is my favorite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Gulfstream is a good track it's my third favorite of So Fl. Hialeah is my favorite

It was really nice for casually walking around and watching the races.  Plus, close to FLL airport, so that was helpful too.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was really nice for casually walking around and watching the races.  Plus, close to FLL airport, so that was helpful too.

Don't get me wrong Gulfstream is a fine track and I always enjoyed myself there. I love horse racing only seen one track that was awful/justed sucked and that was Ak-Sar-Ben in Omaha. Glad you got to go and have some relaxing time before flying out.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, augolf1716 said:

Don't get me wrong Gulfstream is a fine track and I always enjoyed myself there. I love horse racing only seen one track that was awful/justed sucked and that was Ak-Sar-Ben in Omaha. Glad you got to go and have some relaxing time before flying out.

Have you seen this yet?

https://myracehorse.com/

Allows you to buy micro-shares of horses with top trainers and you get dividends based on performance, sales, rights fees, etc.  I bought in on the "Filly Four" package for the fun of it.  The app gives you a ton of information on your horse/s like training videos, times, etc.  It's pretty cool and I'm stoked to follow them.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Have you seen this yet?

Allows you to buy micro-shares of horses with top trainers and you get dividends based on performance, sales, rights fees, etc.  I bought in on the "Filly Four" package for the fun of it.  The app gives you a ton of information on your horse/s like training videos, times, etc.  It's pretty cool and I'm stoked to follow them.

No I'll check it out.......thanks

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Have you seen this yet?

That’s really neat. Thanks for sharing. Let us know if you win

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That’s really neat. Thanks for sharing. Let us know if you win

It'll be a few months.  All of my horses are two year olds still in training.  They start racing this summer in juvenile races.

• Like 3

On 4/8/2020 at 8:13 PM, Brad_ATX said:

It'll be a few months.  All of my horses are two year olds still in training.  They start racing this summer in juvenile races.

Or you could just bet $.50 and win half a million at Gulfstream lol

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/a-horse-racing-bettor-turns-50-cent-pick-5-into-more-than-500000/

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Or you could just bet $.50 and win half a million at Gulfstream lol

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/a-horse-racing-bettor-turns-50-cent-pick-5-into-more-than-500000/

I was watching the live stream yesterday when that happened.  The opening exacta paid over $2k.  It was an insane first 5 races with longshots crushing the board.

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I was watching the live stream yesterday when that happened.  The opening exacta paid over $2k.  It was an insane first 5 races with longshots crushing the board.

And when you bet on one of thoseand win,  not much better off an adrenaline rush as that. 

• Like 1

Nice day on our neighborhood beach on the sound. Public beaches are closed which makes us grateful we chose this neighborhood. Bike trails help, too.

IMG_20200418_155150_1.jpg

IMG_20200418_155141.jpg

MVIMG_20200418_162226.jpg

IMG_20200418_153217.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Andy Dufrain

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, alexava said:

Who can ID this one??

114508D5-2541-4264-B121-528E684789DD.jpeg

I never, ever, ever, EVER get tired of this movie. Andy is classic gifted with a passion for adding beauty to the mundane, hope where there is none, and perseverance in the face of incomprehensible injustice. The warden is everything that's wrong with "religion" and absolutely power-corrupt. Brooks makes me weep and anything Morgan Freeman does had me at hello. Perfect, perfect movie. Thank you for a smile today! #ritahayworth

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Tiger Refuge, have you noticed any environmental change in your world since the quarantine began?

37 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

@Tiger Refuge, have you noticed any environmental change in your world since the quarantine began?

Well...I’ve been teleworking a bunch for the last month, so I can’t really say. Our waterways have remained open so there has probably been an increase in boat traffic. 

How has the transition been for you? My wife is a teacher at a parochial school and boy did this catch them off guard. That said, they have done a remarkable job shifting gears.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I guess my wife and I are hot sauce people now. Been watching a lot Hot Ones on YouTube lately. Arranged in order of heat. 

u4lDDbT.jpg

Which ones actually taste good? I think I need to try the aardvark.

44 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I love Hot Ones. 

Avoid Reaper Sqeezins.

*ETAWelcome...

6DAC612F-DFD0-4771-8572-98FF55CB10DC.jpeg

I’ve always liked hot sauce, particularly in soup. The more readily available ones...Siracha, Tabasco, Franks, etc. The Garlic Reaper on the far right is the hottest thing I’ve ever had, but man, does it taste good. Just another thing to spend money on. Yay. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve always liked hot sauce, particularly in soup. The more readily available ones...Siracha, Tabasco, Franks, etc. The Garlic Reaper on the far right is the hottest thing I’ve ever had, but man, does it taste good. Just another thing to spend money on. Yay. 

I love hot sauce on all kinds of stuff. Eggs may be favorite medium. Or grits. Soups are definitely up there.

I joke(kinda) about the reaper squeezin sauce I had. It was very pulpy. It murdered my mouth/gullet/innards/exit. Rough, rough evening in the Refuge house that night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

All of them. 

I only ask because some hot sauces are all heat and no flavor. I currently have one in my pantry. It was a gift. Probably an unintended novelty purchase.

I'm partial to habanero and chipotle flavors. And szechuan peppercorns. And Calabrian chiles. And and and...