Post a picture

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I only ask because some hot sauces are all heat and no flavor. I currently have one in my pantry. It was a gift. Probably an unintended novelty purchase.

I'm partial to habanero and chipotle flavors. And szechuan peppercorns. And Calabrian chiles. And and and...

That’s why I picked these in particular. I didn’t want to pick anything that would ruin my day. Having flavor in addition to subtle or even intense heat adds so much to a regular/boring meal. I put the black coffee and red habanero on a microwaveable breakfast burrito and it was awesome.

Also, most if not all, have really good reviews.  

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s why I picked these in particular. I didn’t want to pick anything that would ruin my day. Having flavor in addition to subtle or even intense heat adds so much to a regular/boring meal. I put the black coffee and red habanero on a microwaveable breakfast burrito and it was awesome.

Black coffee and red habanero, hell yeah. That sounds right up my alley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I have really come around to hot sauces lately. And I definitely don’t want something so spicy that it’s a literal assault on my palate. I LOVE Tabasco’s Raspberry Chipotle sauce. Not much heat at all, but very very good. I also find myself gravitating towards garlicy hot sauces.

ETA- Also, turnip greens and pepper sauce....I could eat that all day every day.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

On 11/18/2017 at 6:50 PM, AUDub said:

So my erstwhile youngest, Jillian, has wanted a pair of fancy rats for ages. Finally got her a pair on her 8th birthday today. She named them Nugget and Nibbles.

sNQROFC.jpg

gkOVd17.jpg

So poor little Nugget, the one in the pictures, is on death's door this evening. Poor Jill Jill. This will be her first real experience losing a pet. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

So poor little Nugget, the one in the pictures, is on death's door this evening. Poor Jill Jill. This will be her first real experience losing a pet. 

Bless her heart. I'm so sorry. I remember losing my first pet at 8 (?). Planting some daffodil bulbs that rose every year on her burial site helped a little... ❤🙏...saying a little prayer for her tonight. She's adorable. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Bless her heart. I'm so sorry. I remember losing my first pet at 8 (?). Planting some daffodil bulbs that rose every year on her burial site helped a little... ❤🙏...saying a little prayer for her tonight. She's adorable. 

Jill is 10 now. 

Told my wife to go ahead and pull a shoebox out tonight. Probably going to collect him in the morning. Poor Jill doesn't want to see him dead.

Jillian just got a little rose bush the other day, so I'll probably bury him in the garden near that, reserving a space for his brother, who surely won't be too far behind. 

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Jill is 10 now. 

Told my wife to go ahead and pull a shoebox out tonight. Probably going to collect him in the morning. Poor Jill doesn't want to see him dead.

Jillian just got a little rose bush the other day, so I'll probably bury him in the garden near that, reserving a space for his brother, who surely won't be too far behind. 

That will be perfect. Maybe journaling...but she just needs time to process in her own way. ❤ Your compassion is what she'll remember.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

That will be perfect. Maybe journaling...but she just needs time to process in her own way. ❤ Your compassion is what she'll remember.

There's gonna be tears, probably mostly from me lol. I am a huge softy when it comes to my pets. He's given us a good 2 ½ years.

Wonder how the baby will react. Nugget is sort of her comfort rat. 

mKbNNtX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

One of the reviews compares it to really good taco truck salsa so now I am even more sold. Sounds like I should save myself some trouble and go ahead and order at least three bottles.

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I have really come around to hot sauces lately. And I definitely don’t want something so spicy that it’s a literal assault on my palate. I LOVE Tabasco’s Raspberry Chipotle sauce. Not much heat at all, but very very good. I also find myself gravitating towards garlicy hot sauces.

ETA- Also, turnip greens and pepper sauce....I could eat that all day every day.

Oh man, that Tabasco variant...

My favorite meal that my mom makes is fried pork chops, black-eyed peas, turnip or collard greens, and cornbread (unsweet, as God intended). And sliced tomato with a little salt if it's summertime and somebody is growing some good ones. Anyway, they're always has to be a Louisiana style hot sauce on the table for the black-eyed peas and pepper sauce- I'm assuming you are referring to the clear vinegar sauce that is essentially pickled pepper juice?- for the greens.

I love that so much. Finding the right hot sauce for different foods. 

Oh, and since I keep posting without a picture, this stuff is really fantastic. It's almost closer to a Mexican style A1 than a hot sauce. Huge flavor but not much heat.

large_502d2543-285a-4dfb-a422-858e80f7bb58.jpeg

• Love 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

There's gonna be tears, probably mostly from me lol. I am a huge softy when it comes to my pets. He's given us a good 2 ½ years.

Wonder how the baby will react. Nugget is sort of her comfort rat. 

mKbNNtX.jpg

This scares me! Do they ever bite?

Just now, alexava said:

This scares me! Do they ever bite?

Nope. Very loving, very smart. They poop and pee a lot, but that's a universal pet rodent thing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One of the reviews compares it to really good taco truck salsa so now I am even more sold. Sounds like I should save myself some trouble and go ahead and order at least three bottles.

Free shipping after $60...j/s. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Free shipping after $60...j/s. 

Laughing because I totally am a sucker for the "free" shipping upsell. But with liquids in glass containers, it might actually even out a bit. 

Well the poor guy somehow made it through the night, but he hasn't moved and his breathing is ataxic. I'd take him to the vet to be euthanized,  but I don't think he'd survive the trip. His brother is grooming and staying close to him.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Well the poor guy somehow made it through the night, but he hasn't moved and his breathing is ataxic. I'd take him to the vet to be euthanized,  but I don't think he'd survive the trip. His brother is grooming and staying close to him.

Sad and beautiful.

Sending Nugget and your family happy vibes. I think I've told you before that my brother had a pet rat when we were kids and he (or she) was a fantastic pet. 

• Like 1

Sometimes hearing your kid cry and going to find out what's gone wrong yields pretty humorous results. Yes, that's a mimosa over his right shoulder.

IMG_20200503_102918.jpg

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Laughing because I totally am a sucker for the "free" shipping upsell. But with liquids in glass containers, it might actually even out a bit. 

Same. I had about $45 worth in my cart, so it only made more sense to add another bottle because I’d be paying about that much in shipping anyhow. 

• Like 1

Took the kids to Hunting Island State Park. Perfect situation for the drive in. The road was 3" deep in water but it looked like we were driving through a swamp in Jurassic Park. McLittle LOVED it. Almost as much as me.

IMG_20200502_150028.jpg

IMG_20200502_153625.jpg

IMG_20200502_154316.jpg

• Love 1

First one is some folks socially distant picnicking in the parking lot of our favorite seafood places. There are 3 restaurants all next door to each other and two of them are owned by the same folks, so there's this huge parking lot that is usually pretty full. I guess these folks decided to get takeout from one of the restaurants and then just post up in the lot. I kinda love it. 

Second pic is a really cool bike at our neighborhood beach park.

IMG_20200428_175907.jpg

IMG_20200428_145601.jpg

Damn you, @ShocksMyBrain. I just ordered 6 bottles of hot sauce.

That site is awesome, though. Love the descriptions, heat rankings, reviews, etc. And I just got 5 distinctly different sauces (2 bottles of the Aardvark to get me over the $60 mark). 

Looking forward to a hot sauce tasting whenever that box lands. We've got a dozen or so already in the house if we count the various Asian chili oils. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Damn you, @ShocksMyBrain. I just ordered 6 bottles of hot sauce.

That site is awesome, though. Love the descriptions, heat rankings, reviews, etc. And I just got 5 distinctly different sauces (2 bottles of the Aardvark to get me over the $60 mark). 

Looking forward to a hot sauce tasting whenever that box lands. We've got a dozen or so already in the house if we count the various Asian chili oils. 

What’d you get in addition to the Aardvark?