Post a picture

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

LMK about the Hell Fire and Pirate’s Lantern. The Hot Thai Green is awesome on fish and rice(and wings, of course). 

Thai food is probably my favorite cuisine now so I'm looking forward to that one. Might actually save me a lot of time cooking certain things because the thing about Thai food is there there are sometimes a lot of ingredients in small amounts, including a lot of finely chopped (and sometimes not easy to procure) herbs and vegetables. 

Copy that on the other two. Really curious about the Pirate's Lantern. The Hell Fire seems like it might be a little more familiar to me based on other hot sauces I've tried. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thai food is probably my favorite cuisine now so I'm looking forward to that one. Might actually save me a lot of time cooking certain things because the thing about Thai food is there there are sometimes a lot of ingredients in small amounts, including a lot of finely chopped (and sometimes not easy to procure) herbs and vegetables. 

Copy that on the other two. Really curious about the Pirate's Lantern. The Hell Fire seems like it might be a little more familiar to me based on other hot sauces I've tried. 

It’s easy to get real nerdy about this stuff. Like putting together a weekly menu or contemplating what sauce pairs well which food. I’m not sure if I’ll be the type of person to bring it to a restaurant or a get together. I’ve already got another cart full of sauce ready to be ordered when I get paid again. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s easy to get real nerdy about this stuff. Like putting together a weekly menu or contemplating what sauce pairs well which food. I’m not sure if I’ll be the type of person to bring it to a restaurant or a get together. I’ve already got another cart full of sauce ready to be ordered when I get paid again. 

Weekly menu based on hot sauce? Oh man, that is next level and I want to hear more.

I'm not very creative, especially with sweet hot sauces. I need to branch out more and try Mexican hot sauces on Thai food and Thai hot sauces on pizza, etc.

I'm not a BYOHS person but I do love keeping one or two in my desk drawer in the office. My current jam is towards the top of my heat comfort level but has really nice habanero flavor to match:

Amazon.com : D'ELIDAS Hot Sauce Chombo Habanero Pepper Picante ALL ...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Weekly menu based on hot sauce? Oh man, that is next level and I want to hear more.

I'm not very creative, especially with sweet hot sauces. I need to branch out more and try Mexican hot sauces on Thai food and Thai hot sauces on pizza, etc.

I'm not a BYOHS person but I do love keeping one or two in my desk drawer in the office. My current jam is towards the top of my heat comfort level but has really nice habanero flavor to match:

Amazon.com : D'ELIDAS Hot Sauce Chombo Habanero Pepper Picante ALL ...

Not necessarily crafting the menu around the hot sauce, but planning which hot sauce goes with blackened shrimp or a pork tenderloin. 

• Love 1

On 1/27/2020 at 9:13 PM, gr82be said:

All of the grocery talk made me  little homesick for Auburn. I opened the FoodMax in 1987 when I worked for Bruno's. It was the first store I was store manager of. Great store and we did a good amount of student business even though we were as far away as we were. Used to see Bo there from time to time. John Zenor is an AP sports journalist and he was one of the clerk's at the store when I was there. When Super Foods closed we hired some good people from there. I managed it for 4 years before I moved back to Bham. I missed that store though. I guess because I put so much blood and sweat into it, but no tears. It was all good. 

Ha! I worked at the Discount Foods place behind the mall. We all moved to FoodMax when it opened. I must have worked with you! I was a cashier and worked in the office.

40 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Not necessarily crafting the menu around the hot sauce, but planning which hot sauce goes with blackened shrimp or a pork tenderloin. 

Yeah man, if you're picking out your Thursday hot sauce on Sunday night? That's...

...freaking AWESOME.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Ha! I worked at the Discount Foods place behind the mall. We all moved to FoodMax when it opened. I must have worked with you! I was a cashier and worked in the office.

Check your PM. 

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah man, if you're picking out your Thursday hot sauce on Sunday night? That's...

...freaking AWESOME.

BTW watch what you do with your damn hands. I just cleaned off a bottle with a tissue, and rubbed my eye...hooo boy. That didn’t feel good. Tears falling down my face—it burns so good. A little drizzle of Hot Thai with a drop of Garlic Reaper sent me to the moon. 

If you’ve ever ****** up and sliced a jalapeño and didn’t wash your hands, then you know what’s up. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

BTW watch what you do with your damn hands. I just cleaned off a bottle with a tissue, and rubbed my eye...hooo boy. That didn’t feel good. Tears falling down my face—it burns so good. A little drizzle of Hot Thai with a drop of Garlic Reaper sent me to the moon. 

If you’ve ever ****** up and sliced a jalapeño and didn’t wash your hands, then you know what’s up. 

And you thought you needed hand sanitizer...just a little Hot Thai and you're good to go. 

• Haha 1

Well Nugget is still with us. His bubby Nibbles keeping him comfortable.

lq2edut.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I've made mistakes.

One story in particular is pretty funny but definitely TMI in this space.

Always appreciate a reminder!

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Similar story involving the hottest wings I've ever had in a bar and a trip to the bathroom since I was crushing beer just to get them down. Yeeeeeeeouch. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've made mistakes.

Always appreciate a reminder!

image.gif

I recently went to scratch *somewhere* after eating some hot sauce and immediately ripped my hand back. I’d much prefer burning in my eyes as opposed to *somewhere* else. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Similar story involving the hottest wings I've ever had in a bar and a trip to the bathroom since I was crushing beer just to get them down. Yeeeeeeeouch. 

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

image.gif

I recently went to scratch *somewhere* after eating some hot sauce and immediately ripped my hand back. I’d much prefer burning in my eyes as opposed to *somewhere* else. 

Yep. That kind of story.

@ShocksMyBrain

@McLoofus

@gr82be

@AUDub

As someone with a certain type of cancer that has created many painful issues in a certain region of my body, y'all absolutely killin' me with these hot sauce stories!!!

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

@ShocksMyBrain

@McLoofus

@gr82be

@AUDub

As someone with a certain type of cancer that has created many painful issues in a certain region of my body, y'all absolutely killin' me with these hot sauce stories!!!

tenor.gif

IT WAS ALL JUST A JOKE I ONLY USE KETCHUP AND RANCH ALL OTHER CONDIMENTS ARE EVIL 

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2020 at 1:09 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Well...I’ve been teleworking a bunch for the last month, so I can’t really say. Our waterways have remained open so there has probably been an increase in boat traffic. 

How has the transition been for you? My wife is a teacher at a parochial school and boy did this catch them off guard. That said, they have done a remarkable job shifting gears.

Transition pretty good...our young system was built on technology...school system able to provide for inequities, which was our prime concern.

Miss the hugs, the collective AHA moments, the celebrations (doing Mothers' Day Spa virtually tomorrow...best we can do), the eye to eye contact, and the spontaneous, humorous moments. Miss knowing they're safe and okay.  DO NOT miss the 45 minute one-way commute or the "90% female environment." REALLLY don't miss the regimented schedule, the meltdowns (2 sweet high-functioning Autistics...one, bless her, but she's come so far), and the micromanagement that rears from time to time. 🤣🤣🤣 It's really been good in a big pic sense. I am very, very fortunate...super-blessed. 

Our nearby lakes have been an oasis for many. We're tackling backyard projects to make one here. 🤗😁

What age does she teach? The one thing I'll always envy about teaching in a parochial school is being able to comfort and do life from a faith perspective without worrying about fetters. When is her "last day"? Ours was to be June 2 due to late construction start...then May 29...now, May 22, "for all practical purposes"--admin. No one is complaining. 🤫😉

• Love 1

My kinda booth. Not mine. Just my kinda.

20200504_175312.jpg

20200504_174949.jpg

20200504_174728.jpg

• Like 3

I am not familiar with Banksy, who may or may not be, more than one person. Street graffiti can sometimes be amazing to look at. This should be a billboard across the US. Thank you will never be enough. Thank you to all on here who may see this: @passthebiscuits, @autigeremt @DAG, @McLoofus and others that I can't recall by name. 

IMO this medical personnel action figure should come with interchangeable outfits for law enforcement, EMTs, essential retail worker, firemen, food delivery persons and a COVID 19 patient who is bravely fighting for their life while contributing to the research needed for a vaccine. 

Screenshot_20200507-071828~2.png

• Love 3

41 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I am not familiar with Banksy, who may or may not be, more than one person. Street graffiti can sometimes be amazing to look at. This should be a billboard across the US. Thank you will never be enough. Thank you to all on here who may see this: @passthebiscuits, @autigeremt @DAG, @McLoofus and others that I can't recall by name. 

IMO this medical personnel action figure should come with interchangeable outfits for law enforcement, EMTs, essential retail worker, firemen, food delivery persons and a COVID 19 patient who is bravely fighting for their life while contributing to the research needed for a vaccine. 

Screenshot_20200507-071828~2.png

Thank you. I don't belong in the conversation with those other folks but it has been difficult in some ways coming into the office- which shares a campus with the region's largest hospital and is surrounded by various medical practices- every day since this all started so, genuinely, thank you. 

And I love this sentiment and the way you and the artist expressed it. 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thank you. I don't belong in the conversation with those other folks but it has been difficult in some ways coming into the office- which shares a campus with the region's largest hospital and is surrounded by various medical practices- every day since this all started so, genuinely, thank you. 

And I love this sentiment and the way you and the artist expressed it. 

Well, you take risks every day too, so that things keep moving right along  so yeah, you belong. 🙏

• Thanks 1

So, Nugget is still kicking and is actually having a slight bounce back. I took to hand watering and feeding him fruit with almond butter just to get him some nutrients in him and it seems to be helping a lot. Actually getting up and moving around a bit.

82BHF1m.jpg

He doesn't seem to be suffering otherwise I'd be hauling him to the vet for the big sleep, and feeding him diligently has helped a lot. Maybe he's got a few weeks left in the tank with a softer diet. Going to get him some Ensure at the store today and see how he likes that. 

• Like 1