Post a picture

22 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Transition pretty good...our young system was built on technology...school system able to provide for inequities, which was our prime concern.

Miss the hugs, the collective AHA moments, the celebrations (doing Mothers' Day Spa virtually tomorrow...best we can do), the eye to eye contact, and the spontaneous, humorous moments. Miss knowing they're safe and okay.  DO NOT miss the 45 minute one-way commute or the "90% female environment." REALLLY don't miss the regimented schedule, the meltdowns (2 sweet high-functioning Autistics...one, bless her, but she's come so far), and the micromanagement that rears from time to time. 🤣🤣🤣 It's really been good in a big pic sense. I am very, very fortunate...super-blessed. 

Our nearby lakes have been an oasis for many. We're tackling backyard projects to make one here. 🤗😁

What age does she teach? The one thing I'll always envy about teaching in a parochial school is being able to comfort and do life from a faith perspective without worrying about fetters. When is her "last day"? Ours was to be June 2 due to late construction start...then May 29...now, May 22, "for all practical purposes"--admin. No one is complaining. 🤫😉

She teaches 5-7th ELA. Her last grades went in 36 minutes ago...

She still has some admin work to do. Switching classrooms next year, so I have some moving around to look forward to.😬

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

She teaches 5-7th ELA. Her last grades went in 36 minutes ago...

She still has some admin work to do. Switching classrooms next year, so I have some moving around to look forward to.😬

You tell her CONGRATULATIONS! There is an uber special place in God's heart for middle school teachers. I couldn't do anything without my husband's help, and I may be changing classrooms too as grades shift campuses. Congratulations to you, too!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

You tell her CONGRATULATIONS! There is an uber special place in God's heart for middle school teachers. I couldn't do anything without my husband's help, and I may be changing classrooms too as grades shift campuses. Congratulations to you, too!

All teachers have a special place in Heaven! I hope the rest of your school year is smooth sailing. Lord knows y’all deserve it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Turns out there's a creek behind our neighborhood.  Been here 8 months and never knew it was there.

IMG_20200505_173353.jpg

IMG_20200505_173402.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Go catch you some crawdads. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Turns out there's a creek behind our neighborhood.  Been here 8 months and never knew it was there.

IMG_20200505_173353.jpg

IMG_20200505_173402.jpg

Whoa, nice. Looks clean, too? Clean enough at least to let a dog cool off in the summer. 

• Like 1

Don't know if it's the "ONLY pic" of the four variations, but arresting, just the same...

FB_IMG_1588951471005.jpg

Edited by ToraGirl
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa, nice. Looks clean, too? Clean enough at least to let a dog cool off in the summer. 

Ehhhh, debatable

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:22 AM, Brad_ATX said:

IMG_20200505_173353.jpg

IMG_20200505_173402.jpg

Looks like enough clearance to do some fly fishing. 

My number 1 fan Mag Pie. Her momma and daddy like the break they get when I play and she comes sit with me. 

Moved outside and didn't notice she sneaked out while playing. Looking at me like what are you doing. Start back. We were up till 3 am.

She's partial to Jason Isbell and Blackberry Smoke.

20200505_232911.jpg

Edited by sandyclawedtiger
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Looks like enough clearance to do some fly fishing. 

No fish back there.  A few small guys, but nothing worth fishing for from what I've seen.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

No fish back there.  A few small guys, but nothing worth fishing for from what I've seen.

There is no bad fishing in Texas 👍

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:22 AM, Brad_ATX said:

IMG_20200505_173353.jpg

IMG_20200505_173402.jpg

That. Is. Gold. Any rapids?...ahhhh, the sound! I brake for creeks...just had a walk along Autauga Creek. @ellitor ... Daniel Pratt...legacy!

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:28 AM, ToraGirl said:

Don't know if it's the "ONLY pic" of the four variations, but arresting, just the same...

FB_IMG_1588951471005.jpg

THAT! .....is just flat out COOL!!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

That. Is. Gold. Any rapids?...ahhhh, the sound! I brake for creeks...just had a walk along Autauga Creek. @ellitor ... Daniel Pratt...legacy!

Nah.  It's super small behind the neighborhood.  Have to go through about 100 yards of woods to get there.  It's pretty though.

37 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nah.  It's super small behind the neighborhood.  Have to go through about 100 yards of woods to get there.  It's pretty though.

It sure is! Probably great for wading...

Our JROTC program puts out one American flag in honor of every victim in front of our high school here in Social Circle, GA every September 11th. 

516B3091-8A94-4233-AF95-F61A1CB4BED4.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 5/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, McLoofus said:

image.png

Early ranking is Pirate's Lantern, Queen Majesty, Hot Thai Green, Aardvark, Hell Fire. Thai and Aardvark might jockey for position. Ditto for the top two. Don't see any other major moves.

• Love 1

On 5/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, AUDub said:

So, Nugget is still kicking and is actually having a slight bounce back. I took to hand watering and feeding him fruit with almond butter just to get him some nutrients in him and it seems to be helping a lot. Actually getting up and moving around a bit.

82BHF1m.jpg

He doesn't seem to be suffering otherwise I'd be hauling him to the vet for the big sleep, and feeding him diligently has helped a lot. Maybe he's got a few weeks left in the tank with a softer diet. Going to get him some Ensure at the store today and see how he likes that. 

No idea how it happened, but Nugget has somehow outlived his brother. Nibbles stopped eating this morning and was dead by 5. I have no idea how that happened. Expect Nugget to follow shortly. Better dig another hole.

Jillian handled it as well as can be expected.

Edited by AUDub
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

No idea how it happened, but Nugget has somehow outlived his brother. Nibbles stopped eating this morning and was dead by 5. I have no idea how that happened. Expect Nugget to follow shortly. Better dig another hole.

I'm so sorry. I was hopeful with the rally. Prayers for you all, special ones for Jillian. 

21 hours ago, AUDub said:

Perhaps I missed it, but I thought only the one was ailing. Or did both fall ill at the same time? 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Perhaps I missed it, but I thought only the one was ailing. Or did both fall ill at the same time? 

I was caught completely off guard. Nibbles was in far better shape than Nugget beforehand. It was quick. He suddenly stopped eating and was gone within a few hours.

Nugget won't be far behind. He's ailing badly as we speak, even though he's still eating and drinking, he hasn't moved from the spot his brother died. I already have his grave dug, right next to Nibbles. 

Edited by AUDub

Ruby made a little bear holding a heart, with clay today. ❤️

0513201753a.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/11/2020 at 2:29 PM, SocialCircle said:

Our JROTC program puts out one American flag in honor of every victim in front of our high school here in Social Circle, GA every September 11th. 

516B3091-8A94-4233-AF95-F61A1CB4BED4.jpeg

Um, victim of what?