Post a picture

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Must've been amazing to be in any stadium, even for a baseball game or a cute little stadium like Colorado's.

United only had 20k in attendance for the home opener Saturday night. Heard it was still a super emotional, fantastic atmosphere. They plan to have the "full*" 50k+ in attendance on 5/15. We're taking the kids. It'll be McBaby's first match. (He's 2.) It'll be McLittle's 5th or 6th but she hasn't been since we moved to the coast. (She's 6.) I can't freaking wait. I'll share pics. 

I do want to get to Austin, though. I can imagine it being like Portland where it's not cool because of sheer scale or spectacle but because of the authentic local culture. Same reason I already wanted to go to Austin when there wasn't a soccer team. 

And you're being kind but I won't. Soccer crowds, like NFL and any hockey crowd, are way more fun than CFB crowds.  

*"Full" is 50k+. Full, which they only do a few times a season, is 70k+. 

Man, I pray we have a full stadium for our home opener in June.  Austin just surpassed 18,000 ticket members on the wait list today.  This city has been electric and our players basically said we turned that Colorado road game into a home atmosphere.  Tons of watch parties around town too since we play 7 straight on the road to start.

Bunch of us planning on going to Nashville in May since that's the next stadium we go to where we can get a decent quantity of tickets from the other front office.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Man, I pray we have a full stadium for our home opener in June.  Austin just surpassed 18,000 ticket members on the wait list today.  This city has been electric and our players basically said we turned that Colorado road game into a home atmosphere.  Tons of watch parties around town too since we play 7 straight on the road to start.

Bunch of us planning on going to Nashville in May since that's the next stadium we go to where we can get a decent quantity of tickets from the other front office.

And there aren't any other big league franchises in Austin and the Longhorns haven't exactly been tearing it up... timing couldn't be better. Never mind all the people in Austin who are likely more geared toward the alt sports culture anyway... bit Latino population and they're authentic and fun as hell.... and now it's a transplant city so you'll have the same thing ATL did, which is a ton of people who have NFL/MLB/NBA allegiances back home but no MLS team, and no local team in their new hometown to root for... Hell yeah buddy, enjoy the ride. 

Nashville! That'll be a blast. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And there aren't any other big league franchises in Austin and the Longhorns haven't exactly been tearing it up... timing couldn't be better. Never mind all the people in Austin who are likely more geared toward the alt sports culture anyway... bit Latino population and they're authentic and fun as hell.... and now it's a transplant city so you'll have the same thing ATL did, which is a ton of people who have NFL/MLB/NBA allegiances back home but no MLS team, and no local team in their new hometown to root for... Hell yeah buddy, enjoy the ride. 

Nashville! That'll be a blast. 

You hit the nail on the head as to why its working here.  Big transplant city and a ton of folks like me who didn't attend UT.  Latino population is large (30%ish) and team is actively including them in marketing and reaching out.  Whole city is rallying around this club and its fun to witness.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The local school is running a fundraiser to Flock a friend. Like 20 dollars to send the flock to a friend or 40 dollars to "not" be flocked lol.  Great idea.  Lot of fun.  We don't know anybody yet, so we flocked ourselves to entertain the girls. 

20210505_183455.jpg

20210505_183458.jpg

• Like 3

The bunny was back.  He found the jackpot in the neighbor's clover patch.  Stayed there over an hour lol. 

20210501_110928.jpg

20210501_110933.jpg

20210501_110946.jpg

20210501_111030.jpg

20210501_183619.jpg

• Like 1

So I move from Louisiana, only to move into a house that has LSU perennial flowers.  They just popped up and bloomed lol. 

20210504_173734.jpg

17 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

So I move from Louisiana, only to move into a house that has LSU perennial flowers.  They just popped up and bloomed lol. 

20210504_173734.jpg

Standing Plant Root Remover - Poptides

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Standing Plant Root Remover - Poptides

😁

Haha. That's a thought.  It is a pretty flower but ya know they have other color choices lol

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

20210504_173734.jpg

I'm no gardener but by the picture and your description I'd say it was of the genus Narcissus Corndogisus. They come out annually but they don't smell that great. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm no gardener but by the picture and your description I'd say it was of the genus Narcissus Corndogisus. They come out annually but they don't smell that great. 

I see what you did there. lol  We have a full batch of them in the front yard, but solid yellow.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I see what you did there. lol  We have a full batch of them in the front yard, but solid yellow.  

My wife loves flowering plants in the yard. I let her do what she wants with them but inwardly hate the extra weed eating. I'm sure your yard looks really nice in bloom. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

My wife loves flowering plants in the yard. I let her do what she wants with them but inwardly hate the extra weed eating. I'm sure your yard looks really nice in bloom. 

We’ll see. I moved in around thanksgiving when everything was hiding for winter. So this year is a wait and see to know what I have. A lot of perennials are just popping out of ground.  Although I discovered the feature tree I have in my yard is a Tulip Poplar. The tulips have started blooming in the tree. Can’t wait to see it in full bloom. Never saw one of those before. 

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Made a quiche for Mother’s Day brunch. 

R7eYpHK.jpg

Nice job!

• Thanks 1

Did a lil spread on the beach for McWifey yesterday. It was just us and the dolphins for a bit while most others were presumably at church and/or brunch.

PXL_20210509_141837716.jpg

PXL_20210509_145032107.jpg

• Like 3

Thought I would share this with you all since you guys are the only ones who might appreciate it.  My grandparents gave this to me a year ago after they originally bought it new and never opened it.  It now sits in my home office with other memorabilia.  

974C57C3-1D16-4854-8508-FB3DD4D882E0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Did a lil spread on the beach for McWifey yesterday. It was just us and the dolphins for a bit while most others were presumably at church and/or brunch.

PXL_20210509_141837716.jpg

So sweet of you loof. Maybe she'll keep you

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mexico Beach refurbishment still WIP post hurricane Michael. After 2 1/2 years palm trees going back in on 98. Devastation continues to be evident but slowly taking shape.

IMG_0129.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/20/2021 at 5:24 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Mexico Beach refurbishment still WIP post hurricane Michael. After 2 1/2 years palm trees going back in on 98. Devastation continues to be evident but slowly taking shape.

IMG_0129.jpg

That was such a beast of a storm and a marvel at how fast it got that way. 

So this just flew over the neighborhood. Looks like they hooked a parachute on a Louisiana swamp fan boat lol. Kentucky springtime continues to surprise me. So much more going on. Of course Louisiana goes from summer to winter to summer again. lol

28492932-F836-40F9-974B-ECF830E8CCBA.jpeg

A6163E49-AAA0-4414-AA4A-8ED082BC5A24.jpeg

04F29D5B-4712-43C7-86E6-A923DBA6C59C.jpeg

363E3223-DF51-4260-9803-3343A141E618.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hercules club

3DD7E9DD-3EA8-4FC1-BDB0-1D0C53C47D1F.jpeg

Is that a tree that grows like that, or some sort of disease, fungus, parasite, etc? Never seen anything like that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Is that a tree that grows like that, or some sort of disease, fungus, parasite, etc? Never seen anything like that.

It grows like that naturally. Most folks refer to it as prickly ash, although it’s not in the ash family. The leaves and bark were used as a sort of numbing agent by native Americans and early settlers. It works, trust me.😳

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1