• At this time LSU, OU, & tOSU are other notable contenders
  • Has 30 offers including 27 from major conferences & 10 from the SEC
  • Has 3 years to play 2 seasons
  • Plays mostly at RT in JUCO
  • Recruiter: Herb Hand
  • December grad; early enrollee

247Sports: 4*
Rivals: 4*

His first official visit lived up to his lofty expectations.“It was great. I had a good few nights here. I saw around Auburn. I enjoyed myself. I loved it here,” Traore said. “I could definitely see myself coming here for the next two or three years of my career.”

“It’s big. Me and coach Hand sat down earlier, and he drew it down, how much he needs me. I saw it right there. I’m excited. He laid it out. He needs me. I appreciate him doing that for me. Now, I see where I stand,” Traore said. “He’s a good man. I spent some time with him last night and the night before. We had a good time and went out to eat.”

The December graduate will enroll early and still doesn’t have an announcement plan.

“I have no idea yet. I’m still trying to figure it out once I take some visits. I’ll sit down with my parents and family and see what the best school is for me,” Traore said.

As for fit, Auburn works well with Traore.

He knows the Tigers have need at offensive line. Plus, Auburn’s offense operates almost identically to what he runs in junior college. Traore has tracked the Tigers for several years now and his visit to the Plains only amplified what he already knew about Auburn.

“I knew a lot about Auburn as far as watching Cam Newton play, watching a lot of Greg Robinson play the left tackle position. I knew a lot. I knew the history. That’s why I came down and took a visit,” Traore said. “Auburn came and blew me away. I can see myself here. They’re definitely up there for me. People are always saying hello or War Eagle. I feel like everyone is here for one cause, and that’s the players. I appreciate that.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-badara-traore-juco-visit

We need to get a good tackle on board!

Yeah, we have a stable of OG, need some OTs badly. Good wing span on this kid; Looks good in the run game but could use a little work with his feet on pass blocks.

• 3 months later...

Is this not a little concerning to some?  We have the 2 Princes and Ashley.  Why go after a JUCO guy unless these guys are not progressing the way we expect?

44 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Is this not a little concerning to some?  We have the 2 Princes and Ashley.  Why go after a JUCO guy unless these guys are not progressing the way we expect?

Even if 2 of those are ready to be starters and the other a viable backup we still need at least one more IMO. That 4th man might already be on the roster but I haven't heard much on those guys farther down the ladder. 

With Golson gone we no longer have player that can fill in anywhere. As we have seen this year with injuries we will need players who can fill in. Most of our talented players who will return next year are Guard types. We need at least 1 more tackle to have an honest two deep next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LSU nabs him - per SEC Country

LSU nabs commitment from top JUCO offensive tackle

Badara Traore, the nation’s top-ranked junior college offensive tackle, committed to LSU over Texas on Thursday. The commitment followed an in-home visit from Orgeron, who spent the day at ASA College in New York before Traore went public with his decision a few hours later.

Archived