Best Recruiting Areas in the US.

ValleyTiger

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

really so just one player would give them that dot? That means there are no active players in the NFL from all the states with no dots. Thats pretty surprising IMO

Just no first-round draft picks from the last 5 years.

My son just finished playing here in TX and geez the amount of talent is inordinate.  He played big school ball and the number of players.....so many players that many elite players leave TX and the big schools still have plenty of talent to go around!!  It's crazy we don't recruit DFW - easy access and bigger than ATL, same number of elite players it looks like on the map.

Consider the programs filling up on D1 talent:

TX, TAMU, Baylor, Oklahoma (just across the TX border), OK St, TCU - rosters are full of TX kids

next tier: Houston, SMU, UTEP, Rice,   Then you have other D1 programs like UNT, UT San Antonio. And so on....

Crazy we don't recruit DFW or Houston.  Pick one at least.

38 minutes ago, Beaker said:

My son just finished playing here in TX and geez the amount of talent is inordinate.  He played big school ball and the number of players.....so many players that many elite players leave TX and the big schools still have plenty of talent to go around!!  It's crazy we don't recruit DFW - easy access and bigger than ATL, same number of elite players it looks like on the map.

Consider the programs filling up on D1 talent:

TX, TAMU, Baylor, Oklahoma (just across the TX border), OK St, TCU - rosters are full of TX kids

next tier: Houston, SMU, UTEP, Rice,   Then you have other D1 programs like UNT, UT San Antonio. And so on....

Crazy we don't recruit DFW or Houston.  Pick one at least.

Don't forget LSU AZ AZst NE CO AR and MO

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Don't forget LSU AZ AZst NE CO AR and MO

Good points.  I was trying to focus on the ones I know are predominantly TX players.  It's crazy the number of programs who recruit TX.   U of MO has been making inroads in DFW lately.   For good reason: they do a great job developing skill posns early and throughout HS via 7 on 7, which starts in 6th grade.  And lots of personal coaching for kids.  

I think Stidham is from TX (wink wink).  

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Good points.  I was trying to focus on the ones I know are predominantly TX players.  It's crazy the number of programs who recruit TX.   U of MO has been making inroads in DFW lately.   For good reason: they do a great job developing skill posns early and throughout HS via 7 on 7, which starts in 6th grade.  And lots of personal coaching for kids.  

I think Stidham is from TX (wink wink).  

Kam Martin, also.

Also in Texas let's not forget the schools who aren't in the bigger metro areas. Plenty of talent in between Houston-Austin-Dallas area.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense why we don't maintain a consistent recruiting presence in DFW or Houston. Both are about the same distance from Auburn as Miami and we keep a pretty good rapport down there. Kids growing up in Miami are no more likely to have Auburn on the brain than those over in Texas. Pretty big group of alumni over in those key Texas areas as well.

Archived