Favorite AU Player That Wasn't Everyone Else's?

ClaytonAU

I'm guessing it's a given that everyone's favorite is Wade Christopher, which I'm assuming is the only reason he hasn't been mentioned until now.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

I'm guessing it's a given that everyone's favorite is Wade Christopher, which I'm assuming is the only reason he hasn't been mentioned until now.

Wade is too big to share a forum.

I always loved watching Stacy Danley run the ball.  He was at his best in the 87-89 Iron Bowls.  I have a ton of respect for him when he got knocked cold by Spencer Hammond in the 88 Iron Bowl and came back in later with a couple of huge runs on the only TD drive of the game.  He also owned the 4th qtr against Bama in 89.

How did we get 5 pages deep without anyone mentioning Josh Holsey?!?!?!?!?!?!

Another that I haven't seen is Willie Whitehead. He was a walk-on DE who turned into a decade-long pro career.

Names I have seen that I also agree with...Bobby Strickland (often overlooked between Kolen & Willingham), Jonathan Wallace, Chris Shelling, among others.

1 hour ago, rtftiger said:

How did we get 5 pages deep without anyone mentioning Josh Holsey?!?!?!?!?!?!

Another that I haven't seen is Willie Whitehead. He was a walk-on DE who turned into a decade-long pro career.

Names I have seen that I also agree with...Bobby Strickland (often overlooked between Kolen & Willingham), Jonathan Wallace, Chris Shelling, among others.

Great thinking on that one. Idk why he didn't come to mind. I said it on this forum many times during his career had he been able to stay at CB and not move to S I think he would've been an All American

14 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

I always loved watching Stacy Danley run the ball.  He was at his best in the 87-89 Iron Bowls.  I have a ton of respect for him when he got knocked cold by Spencer Hammond in the 88 Iron Bowl and came back in later with a couple of huge runs on the only TD drive of the game.  He also owned the 4th qtr against Bama in 89.

Absolutely. On a critical 3rd and short, Derrick Thomas hit him at the line of scrimmage and Danley took him 5 yds down the field for a first.

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

Silas Daniels football. Jamison brewer basketball

I liked brewer. He was active in nba for some time wasn't he?

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh and duh. Zach Gilbert and jerraud powers

I have never been so wrong about a player as powers. He left early I predicted he would not be drafted and never play a down in the league. I guess I couldn't get over that LSU game. He has been one of my favorite nflers all time. Represents auburn very well. 

On 7/18/2017 at 11:24 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Brandon Cox would be one. Kid played his heart out and took a beating. And didn't get much help from the coaching staff. 

Brandon was awesome, never lost to the turds. Glad the coaching staff could see that he was a winner. 

Zac Etheridge was another one. Still amazing he made a full recovery from that scary hit. Pretty sure he's coaching college ball now too.

Here's one that not many will know or remember. Donnie Givens,he died in a car accident if I'm not mistaken.

15 hours ago, alexava said:

I liked brewer. He was active in nba for some time wasn't he?

Yep be played for the pacers. He played over seas as well

15 hours ago, alexava said:

I have never been so wrong about a player as powers. He left early I predicted he would not be drafted and never play a down in the league. I guess I couldn't get over that LSU game. He has been one of my favorite nflers all time. Represents auburn very well. 

He married a good friend of my girl friends. If I wrote that right, it sound funny. But imo he was the last great corner we've had here

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But imo he was the last great corner we've had here

Cocompletely agree

Archived