Only 45% of Trump voters believe Don Jr. met with the Russians, after he admitted it

TitanTiger

On Russia related issues we find a certain degree of willful ignorance among Trump voters that can possibly best be summarized by this finding: only 45% of Trump voters believe Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with Russians about information that might be harmful to Hillary Clinton...even though Trump Jr. admitted it. 32% say the meeting didn't happen and 24% say they're not sure.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/07/health-care-a-mine-field-for-republicans-many-trump-voters-in-denial-on-russia.html

:blink:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

:blink:

Unfathomable. If our recent election polling taught us anything it should have at a minimum suggested being skeptical. 

"PPP is a Democratic company, no doubt. We do private polling for Democratic candidates............"

Call me a skeptic. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Unfathomable. If our recent election polling taught us anything it should have at a minimum suggested being skeptical. 

"PPP is a Democratic company, no doubt. We do private polling for Democratic candidates............"

Call me a skeptic. 

You take confirmation bias to a whole new level.

37 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Trump really could murder someone and not lose followers.

Oh good grief Elle. :dunno:

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You take confirmation bias to a whole new level.

So you know some of these people who reject the meeting took place? Doubtful.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Said it himself. The rationalizations y'all would create would be amazing.

What? Jr made public the events of the meeting. What are you talking about?

Meeting happened. DTj screwed the pooch talking and LYING about it. DJt may have even broken some laws about lying to the govt concerning his security clearance.

All that really isnt up for grabs. So far the meeting appears to be about little to nothing. It was a campaign looking for dirt. Every pol in America does the same. Looks real bad. Is it impeachable for DT? Not even close. Public opinion may be shaky but the law is not. The law is the law. So far....many in the know say they havent seen anything. Looks and smells bad, but is it actionable?

We have uncovered so many contacts that took place between camp trump and Russians that were NOT disclosed even intentionally LIED about. Why do we believe them when they say what was discussed in these (harmless, legal, no big deal) meetings that they are hiding?

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Call me a skeptic. 

It would be more accurate to call you a selective reader.  From the page you quoted:

PPP's 'Bias'

PPP is a Democratic company, no doubt. We do private polling for Democratic candidates and we were rooting hard for Obama. But that never had any impact on our polling results. I saw people on various GOP blogs always say they were going to add five points to the Republicans for any poll that we released, and as I said a couple of months ago, that's fine with me but if you let that shape your expectations you're going to be sorely disappointed on election day.

So how much of a lean did our polls have? Based on the current numbers we overestimated Obama by a whooping one eighth of a point across our 16 final week polls. And I expect Obama's margins to increase in Oregon and Colorado as more returns come in from Multnomah and Boulder Counties respectively, so our bias may go down to zero or even a one eighth of a point McCain bias if the Democratic lead increases by a couple points in each of those states in the final analysis.

Here's the data:

State

Final PPP Poll

Current Results

PPP Bias

Nevada

Obama +4

Obama +12

R+8

Pennsylvania

Obama +8

Obama +11

R+3

Michigan

Obama +13

Obama +16

R+3

Ohio

Obama +2

Obama +4

R+2

Oregon

Obama +15

Obama +16

R+1

North Carolina

Obama +1

Obama +1

None

Indiana

Obama +1

Obama +1

None

Florida

Obama +2

Obama +2

None

Missouri

Tie

Tie

None

West Virginia

McCain +13

McCain +13

None

Virginia

Obama +6

Obama +5

D+1

New Mexico

Obama +17

Obama +15

D+2

Georgia

McCain +2

McCain +5

D+3

Colorado

Obama +10

Obama +7

D+3

Montana

Obama +1

McCain +3

D+4

Minnesota

Obama +16

Obama +10

D+6

Average

Obama +5.0625

Obama +4.9375

D+.125

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2008/11/ppps-bias.html

The same folks here who would dismiss this poll wouldn't bat an eye at accepting one from Fox News or Rasmussen for instance.  The methodology is all that ultimately matters.  And a good polling firm always releases the full results including the exact wording of the questions they ask.  You can find that on this poll here:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2017/PPP_Release_National_71817.pdf

The question that was asked was this one:

Q23 Do you believe that Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with a Russian lawyer about information that might be harmful to Hillary Clinton, or not?

It was asked well of the questions about who one voted for and party affiliation, which is the proper way to do a political poll in terms of order of questions.  The question is not loaded or biased in and of itself, it's neutral in its wording.

Sorry, but attacking the messenger just doesn't fly here.  PPP has a solid reputation for accurate polling.

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you know some of these people who reject the meeting took place? Doubtful.

Which meeting?

We have people who are denying collusion even after Trump Jr. confirmed it in his e-mails.  

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Meeting happened. DTj screwed the pooch talking and LYING about it. DJt may have even broken some laws about lying to the govt concerning his security clearance.

All that really isnt up for grabs. So far the meeting appears to be about little to nothing. It was a campaign looking for dirt. Every pol in America does the same. Looks real bad. Is it impeachable for DT? Not even close. Public opinion may be shaky but the law is not. The law is the law. So far....many in the know say they havent seen anything. Looks and smells bad, but is it actionable?

Fascinating

And, "exhibit A".

3 hours ago, alexava said:

We have uncovered so many contacts that took place between camp trump and Russians that were NOT disclosed even intentionally LIED about. Why do we believe them when they say what was discussed in these (harmless, legal, no big deal) meetings that they are hiding?

I DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. I am reading and listening to Diane Feinstein, Maxine Waters, some reporters, et al that say they have seen the evidence SO FAR and there is nothing actionable there.I am just repeating what others, many of them Democrats, have said.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Which meeting?

We have people who are denying collusion even after Trump Jr. confirmed it in his e-mails.  

SO, you say that DTj said "We are colluding with the Russians?" Man, you need your own cable news network...

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. I am reading and listening to Diane Feinstein, Maxine Waters, some reporters, et al that say they have seen the evidence SO FAR and there is nothing actionable there.I am just repeating what others, many of them Democrats, have said.

You don't believe who?  Trump Jr.?

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

SO, you say that DTj said "We are colluding with the Russians?" Man, you need your own cable news network...

Stop weaseling.    

Jr. said "I love it" when told the Russians had dirt on Hillary, then he said "It would be great if you timed it for a late summer release" (paraphrased).

Now, what in hell does that sound like to you

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Stop weaseling.    

Jr. said "I love it" when told the Russians had dirt on Hillary, then he said "It would be great if you timed it for a late summer release" (paraphrased).

Now, what in hell does that sound like to you

A pol working an election...

Archived