Teams AU has never played

RunInRed

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I'd like to see us play a home game with Bowling Green for homecoming.

Bring on the mighty Zips and terry tot

I'd like to see a home and series with South Florida. It would help in our recruiting of kids in South Fla.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I'd like to see a home and series with South Florida. It would help in our recruiting of kids in South Fla.

I know I'm wasting my time commenting on your post but we have zero to gain playing a non Power 5 home and home. Now playing Miami home and home would be good

22 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I don't know about helping with recruiting, but I sure would like revenge for that loss they gave us in 2007. 

Whats the deal with not playing troy?  Ive had a few troy fans talk trash about Alabama and Auburn not playing them.    They believed 100% they could have beat auburn even though they lost to Ark State. 

We'll play Alabama State pretty soon. Not only haven't we played Troy, but we haven't played South Alabama either. I think we could at least play South Alabama twice in Jordan-Hare.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

We'll play Alabama State pretty soon. Not only haven't we played Troy, but we haven't played South Alabama either. I think we could at least play South Alabama twice in Jordan-Hare.

Well USA has only had a football since 2009 so that kind of makes sense.  However Troy has been D1 since 2001 so why have we not played them by now.  Just seems crazy.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We've played Akron before. 42-0 in 1988.

Yep.  This was my first ever Auburn game I attended!  :tdau:

I'd just assume never play Troy or South Alabama, personally.

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Why?

Because an in state team is going to have a great deal more motivation to beat us than any other non-Power 5 conference team would. Losing to Louisiana-Monroe was bad enough for the bammers; can you imagine losing to Troy?

2 hours ago, WarEagle10 said:

Bottom row, in between Umass and Utah.........who is that and what is that?

UNLV Rebels.  That's Hey Reb!  Yes, that's actually the mascot's name.  

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Because an in state team is going to have a great deal more motivation to beat us than any other non-Power 5 conference team would. Losing to Louisiana-Monroe was bad enough for the bammers; can you imagine losing to Troy?

I don't think they'll have that much more motivation. It all kinda depends on the year with those teams. When all of that experience comes together and you have 15 of your 22 starters as seniors and the rest of team SEC transfers, it can be a closer game than you'd like. I would rather play South Alabama and Troy rather than Jacksonville St. and Samford. Jacksonville St. can play some SEC teams. If we would have loss that game in 2015, it would only be the second time in history that a FCS team beat a top 10 FBS team. I know you were saying you would prefer not to play in state teams, I'm just saying if we did, I would prefer to stick to FBS schools.

I would love to play the military academies and I think it would be great publicity for AU. Maybe in a rotational sequence. There's a couple of reasons ND plays them, one is usually a sure win and the other is TV viewership.

3 hours ago, Auburn 6 said:

UNLV Rebels.  That's Hey Reb!  Yes, that's actually the mascot's name.  

Thanks. 

I would not have guessed that with 100 tries.

1 hour ago, Auburn06 said:

Stanford, Notre Dame, UCLA, Oklahoma State

That's basically my four choices. But I would switch UCLA with Iowa.

With Pat Dye, we played Texas, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Maryland and Florida State during the season. But since then, we've been playing teams like Alabama A&M, Samford, La.-Monroe, La. Tech, Tulane, UTC, Tennessee Tech,  soon to play Liberty, Mercer, Alabama State. I'm glad to see that we're starting to play better teams like Southern Miss, Washington, Oregon, Penn State and California. Hopefully it want be too long before we have Notre Dame for a home and home series.

Archived