Hugh Freeze Resigns

GwillMac6

Everyone knew it would come to this and get to this point. 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • WarTiger changed the title to Ole Miss in more trouble
2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

weeeeeellllllllllllp I feel for them. they will never sniff a coach of freeze caliber ever again. Second best coach in their history without a close third.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

weeeeeellllllllllllp I feel for them. they will never sniff a coach of freeze caliber ever again. Second best coach in their history without a close third.

Curious what the information was?? I mean they stood by him and never once talked about letting him go and just taking what the NCAA dealt 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

oh my this is really bad news for the future of Ole Miss football

Shea Patterson come on down to AU after this season! lol  but seeeeeeeeeeeee Golf!!! this is what happens when you try to get good in college sports and you are not one of the traditional powers or one of the psuedo traditional powers. This is who the NCAA sacrifices and throws to the wolves and then lets the big boys to continue to literally get away with anything.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

David Cutcliffe is a bit better a coach than Freeze.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Curious what the information was?? I mean they stood by him and never once talked about letting him go and just taking what the NCAA dealt 

I bet they sacrificed him to have a lesser penalty. just pure guess and speculation on my part based on commentary from F Bomb and clay travis.

Nutt lawsuit puts a bunch of people under oath in a court room.  NCAA hates being lied to, guessing a show clause is coming his way.

That is my guess.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Shea Patterson come on down to AU after this season! lol  but seeeeeeeeeeeee Golf!!! this is what happens when you try to get good in college sports and you are not one of the traditional powers or one of the psuedo traditional powers. This is who the NCAA sacrifices and throws to the wolves and then lets the big boys to continue to literally get away with anything.

This has a bammer turd smell to it.....

Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze has resigned effective immediately, the school announced Thursday in a statement.

The details and reasons surrounding the decision were uncertain early Thursday eveing.

Ole Miss last month, in response to a second NCAA Notice of Allegations in less than two years, disputed charges of lack of institutional control and failure to monitor by Freeze, along with allegations of a $10,000 cash payment to a recruit.

The first notice alleged 13 violations while the second added eight more, bringing the total to 21. Fifteen of them are classified by the NCAA as Level I, which the governing body deems most serious.

Ole Miss, which disputes several of the newest allegations, said no "reasonable compliance or monitoring system" could have caught or prevented the Level I violations.

"According to the University's research, an institutional control violation has never been triggered by the mere existence of an underlying violation or even multiple, serious violations," Ole Miss said in a statement in early June. "Instead, it is a unique, stand-alone allegation that requires a big-picture review of the University's commitment to compliance with NCAA rules.

"The University's systems and efforts have met and continue to meet the appropriate standards."

The school challenged several of the new allegations, including one involving a booster providing a $10,000 cash payment to a recruit, saying that there isn't "sufficient credible and persuasive factual support" for the NCAA's Committee on Infractions to find a violation. The response also questioned the same unnamed recruit's contentions that he received six or seven payments of between $500 and $800.

Ole Miss also disputed allegations that another booster provided several thousand dollars in free merchandise to three athletes, citing witnesses who denied the violations occurred and evidence it believes contradicted them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Some of the charges date back to the tenure of previous coach Houston Nutt, who was fired in 2011, but most of the case involves conduct that happened under Freeze. The sprawling case involves alleged academic, booster, and recruiting misconduct.

In a lawsuit, Nutt has accused Freeze and the university of orchestrating a smear campaign against him.

9 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

David Cutcliffe is a bit better a coach than Freeze.

no sir. NO SIR!! I will go to bat for freeze every day of the week!!!! Cutcliffe won 10 games with eli. Freeze won 9 games with bo frickin wallace.........  HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! It is almost like different people have different opinions! lol

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I've defended him before. Wish him the best. But, I'm done. 

if this was pitino they would of just had given him a slap on the wrist.........

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

no sir. NO SIR!! I will go to bat for freeze every day of the week!!!! Cutcliffe won 10 games with eli. Freeze won 9 games with bo frickin wallace.........  HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! It is almost like different people have different opinions! lol

NCAA issues aside, I wouldn't have ever even considered Freeze to be my head coach.  Cutcliffe is better as a coach than Freeze will ever be.    Now, NCAA issues included and it makes it even easier to pick one over the other.  Cutcliffe also had a winning conference record while at Ole Miss, Freeze did NOT. 

Of course, with this information now, it may be a LONG time before Freeze gets an opportunity to be a head coach, unless he drops to a lower division or perhaps even high school like Dubose did.    Going to be interesting to watch the rest of this unfold.

Just now, WarTiger said:

NCAA issues aside, I wouldn't have ever even considered Freeze to be my head coach.  Cutcliffe is better as a coach than Freeze will ever be.    Now, NCAA issues included and it makes it even easier to pick one over the other.  Cutcliffe also had a winning conference record while at Ole Miss, Freeze did NOT. 

Of course, with this information now, it may be a LONG time before Freeze gets an opportunity to be a head coach, unless he drops to a lower division or perhaps even high school like Dubose did.    Going to be interesting to watch the rest of this unfold.

can you just agree with me once so I know it is possible?! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Make my long national nightmare end! lol

Archived