2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

is he an early enrollee?   I just feel a little better having the 'egg in the basket'  b/c January is a mess IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Beaker said:

is he an early enrollee?   I just feel a little better having the 'egg in the basket'  b/c January is a mess IMO.

Won't have to worry as long as we get papers in December

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

is he an early enrollee? 

No. It has been stated in the thread he was struggling before Hoover set up an online class system to gelp him out.

Of course, using my Orange and Blue eye filter, I would not trade Pickens for any other receiver in this class. He is a dominating presence. Can't wait for him to crush his classes and enroll at AU!

20 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Of course, using my Orange and Blue eye filter, I would not trade Pickens for any other receiver in this class. He is a dominating presence. Can't wait for him to crush his classes and enroll at AU!

I don't think you're using too much of a filter. The only team that I would consider trading places with is uga because they got 2 of the top 6 WRs according to 247. But would I trade Pickens for either of those kids individually? Nope. I firmly believe this guy is the NFL-bound alpha dog we've been looking for. Of course, so were Duke Williams and Kyle Davis... but I'd hope that we've identified some warning signs and assume George does not exhibit them. 

Hoover has some pretty good DB's and from what I'm told GP wears them out in practice. I hope he doesn't fall in love with the one handed catches though. Just cause you can do it doesn't always mean you should.  

On 8/24/2018 at 8:20 AM, McLoofus said:

I don't think you're using too much of a filter. The only team that I would consider trading places with is uga because they got 2 of the top 6 WRs according to 247. But would I trade Pickens for either of those kids individually? Nope. I firmly believe this guy is the NFL-bound alpha dog we've been looking for. Of course, so were Duke Williams and Kyle Davis... but I'd hope that we've identified some warning signs and assume George does not exhibit them. 

Like a personal fouls penalty for running your mouth at a clearly outclassed opponent?

56 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Like a personal fouls penalty for running your mouth at a clearly outclassed opponent?

Didn't say he was perfect.

Look at the top NFL WRs of the last 15, 20 years. They all choir boys?

10 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

George Pickens =  Duke Williams

Your thoughts?

Dang. Jumping the gun a little maybe? 

Or did I miss something? Does Pickens have a rap sheet? Did he punch someone today?

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dang. Jumping the gun a little maybe? 

Or did I miss something? Does Pickens have a rap sheet? Did he punch someone today?

Well, He’s a big physical receiver with an excellent catch radius and great hands.  

Sure, he seems to have some maturity issues as well.  (Loafing on plays, running his mouth, etc.)

I have no idea what kind of teammate he is, but Bo and Owen seemed to get along with him well this summer.  

I don’t think he has a criminal record at this point.  Haha. 

I just wanted to see what comparisons people would draw.  

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Didn't say he was perfect.

Look at the top NFL WRs of the last 15, 20 years. They all choir boys?

Yeah, as far as the “perceived negative traits” he may or may not have demonstrated today, the trash talking doesn’t bother me much at all.  Confidence and attitude are positive traits for WRs and DBs IMHO.   It was the loafing on some plays that I don’t like.  It also won’t be tolerated at AU.  

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yeah, as far as the “perceived negative traits” he may or may not have demonstrated today, the trash talking doesn’t bother me much at all.  Confidence and attitude are positive traits for WRs and DBs IMHO.   It was the loafing on some plays that I don’t like.  It also won’t be tolerated at AU.  

Gotcha. Our difference in perception is maybe more related to Duke. When I think of him, I think of a guy who has serious emotional issues, to the point of being criminally violent at times. And I personally don't equate anything effort or attitude related on the field to that. 

But I forgot that Duke was so blatantly lazy on the field in 2015 and didn't consider that that might be your reference point. Apologies.

36 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nah. 

+1. 

I live in Hoover and there has never been 1 word mentioned about George being any trouble at all.  Academically he has work to do, but personally no.  Is he full of confidence bordering on cocky?  Absolutely. 

And I'll just mention this. Saban is on him big time so it is going to be a battle until the end to keep him.  If Tua lights it up like bama is expecting him to do and we don't have a better intermediate passing game than we have had, that may be a game changer for George.

3 minutes ago, tinman said:

Is he full of confidence bordering on cocky?  Absolutely. 

The confidence and cockiness is what I like the most. Reminds me of OBJ/TO/Randy

45 minutes ago, tinman said:

+1. 

I live in Hoover and there has never been 1 word mentioned about George being any trouble at all.  Academically he has work to do, but personally no.  Is he full of confidence bordering on cocky?  Absolutely. 

And I'll just mention this. Saban is on him big time so it is going to be a battle until the end to keep him.  If Tua lights it up like bama is expecting him to do and we don't have a better intermediate passing game than we have had, that may be a game changer for George.

I am sure Saban will allow loaf plays.  Frankly I am shocked Niblett does too.  

52 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The confidence and cockiness is what I like the most. Reminds me of OBJ/TO/Randy

Yep. Not sure why people are freaking out about a wide receiver playing with attitude.  

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. Not sure why people are freaking out about a wide receiver playing with attitude.  

Because God forbid we have a WR at Auburn that plays with an attitude and makes a CB look silly. It’s like some people want timid WR’s here or something.

33 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Because God forbid we have a WR at Auburn that plays with an attitude and makes a CB look silly. It’s like some people want timid WR’s here or something.

You mean we don't want this?

Mark-Sanchez-Scared-by-Drayton-Florence-of-Buffalo-Bills.gif

1 hour ago, tinman said:

+1. 

Continues to wear bama gear to school. Tells kids in school that he knows are AU fans that he is flipping then says “just kidding” . Grades still an issue as you say.

13 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Continues to wear bama gear to school. Tells kids in school that he knows are AU fans that he is flipping then says “just kidding” . Grades still an issue as you say.

We should drop him then.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We should drop him then.

Not what I was saying. What I am saying is that it is going to take work to keep him in the fold. 

19 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Not what I was saying. What I am saying is that it is going to take work to keep him in the fold. 

When you run with the big dogs, that tends to happen. 

Archived