2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Garner is listed as his primary also, not trying to dismiss kodi, but until we start to close consistently I can fully understand people questioning him on the recruiting trail

And TBH I think Chip is a better recruiter than most of us realize right now. I imagine Chip is doing work with WR recruits as well. That & it being his pass game that's expected to be unleashed probably helps Kodi quite a bit. Kodi being Chip's boy allow Chip to put him under his wing & probably helps also.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And TBH I think Chip is a better recruiter than most of us realize right now. I imagine Chip is doing work with WR recruits as well. That & it being his pass game that's expected to be unleashed probably helps Kodi quite a bit. Kodi being Chip's boy allow Chip to put him under his wing & probably helps also.

Exactly, I think Kodi is getting a lot of help right now. I think Chip is better than most of us ever imagined when he was hired.

War Eagle George!  You are in the Captain's seat as leader of this class.  Start now growing the relationships to bring home a great class of 2019.  Look forward to watching you on the field this year to see what we have to look forward to.

Something happens out of Kodi's control: "He's no good! Craig was sooooo much better!"

Kodi does something good: "Kodi didn't do anything, it must have been Chip!"

Yawn.

6 hours ago, GordoAU said:

Something happens out of Kodi's control: "He's no good! Craig was sooooo much better!"

Yawn.

Haven't seen much Kodi didn't do anything opinions. What some of us are saying is Kodi is getting help & there's nothing wrong with that.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen much Kodi didn't do anything opinions. What some of us are saying is Kodi is getting help & there's nothing wrong with that.

Kodi's getting lots of help. But Kodi was very involved with this. CGR got the ball rolling. Chip greased the tires. Kodi changed the oil. All did work. Same with Gus. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kodi's getting lots of help. But Kodi was very involved with this. CGR got the ball rolling. Chip greased the tires. Kodi changed the oil. All did work. Same with Gus. 

That is how it is with a lot of recruits. You have your area recruiter, your position coach that works with the recruit, your coordinator and head coach to help close the deal. I know that many say Kodi has a lot to learn about recruiting and that is probably true but almost every WR that I have seen an interview from in last year has spoken as how well they relate to Kodi and that they feel they can talk to him. So he is doing something right. Like he is a big brother.

He will be a star one day in Chip Lindsey's offense.

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

That catch radius...I know 2019 is a looong way from now but I still can't wait to see him in orange and blue and hope we hold on to him until then.

On 7/23/2017 at 11:58 PM, GordoAU said:

Yawn.

Hey I have wore kodi out since he has been here. Glad he is recruiting well. I enjoy crow if it's positive for AU. I am still going to stay on burns though

• 2 weeks later...

Kid is having a great year. Shedrick Jackson has been hurt so he is getting a lot of looks and coming up big.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On not such a good note there is no reference anymore on his twitter about being an AU commit & he hasn't tweeted or retweeted anything AU related in a good while.

Archived