2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU is still confident about keeping Pickens. But isn't near as confident as they have been. 

I'm hearing from some Hoover folks it's down to 60 - 40.  AU.  But it is dropping each game our passing game flounders and bama's game escalates.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

I'm hearing from some Hoover folks it's down to 60 - 40.  AU.  But it is dropping each game our passing game flounders and bama's game escalates.

Well he would only have Tua for 1 season & Bo for at least 3 seasons. I hope that is being considered.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well he would only have Tua for 1 season & Bo for at least 3 seasons. I hope that is being considered.

I think its more then just who the QB will be........its going to be a fight till the end. We're still in decent shape

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bo appears to be the main thing keeping it in our favor at this time.  Little Tua (Thompson QB) and Tyson (Trussville) are putting up some big numbers too.  Bama (Saban) is telling George they have never had a receiver with his skill set and he can be a #1 NFL draft choice like Ridley, Cooper, etc.  Unfortunately AU can't list a single receiver that was drafted high, much less a #1 choice.  If Shed Jackson were to get some playing time it might help our cause.

3 minutes ago, tinman said:

Bo appears to be the main thing keeping it in our favor at this time.  Little Tua (Thompson QB) and Tyson (Trussville) are putting up some big numbers too.  Bama (Saban) is telling George they have never had a receiver with his skill set and he can be a #1 NFL draft choice like Ridley, Cooper, etc.  Unfortunately AU can't list a single receiver that was drafted high, much less a #1 choice.  If Shed Jackson were to get some playing time it might help our cause.

You left out Julio we can't compare to their three just the way it is

12 minutes ago, tinman said:

If Shed Jackson were to get some playing time it might help our cause.

Shed has played in every game this year, but hasn't been targeted yet.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Shed has played in every game this year, but hasn't been targeted yet.

That seems even worse than not playing🤔

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

That seems even worse than not playing🤔

Someone has to fill the wide tackle spot vacated by NCM

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

& he wasn't even used well there the 1st couple of years.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Someone has to fill the wide tackle spot vacated by NCM

Our WRs haven't consistently gotten open in a long time. Is that poor indiviidual coaching at the position or does every team know Gus's route tree/combinations & how he makes our OCs use them?

Just now, ellitor said:

Our WRs haven't consistently gotten open in a long time. Is that poor indiviidual coaching at the position or does every team know Gus's route tree/combinations & how he makes our OCs use them?

I would have to say, statistically speaking, that it would be a near impossibility for every receiver that we have scouted and signed to arrive and instantly develop the inability to get open.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's all.  Route tree which is expanded now, QB play, and development.  We are throwing the ball a lot more this year so we have that going for us.  But as I've said before every conference team is littered with 4 star WRs.  I think there about 40-50 4 star WRs each year now so getting a low 4 star WR and expecting him to be a game breaker because he's a "4 star" ain't nothing like it used to be.  

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would have to say, statistically speaking, that it would be a near impossibility for every receiver that we have scouted and signed to arrive and instantly develop the inability to get open.

I emojied this but had to quote it because it is one of the funnier posts I’ve seen on here. Kudos Bird and a tip of my bourbon to you 🥃!

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

LOL. That doesn’t answer my question. I was meaning is it Kodi’s and before him Craig’s coaching or what I said about Gus above?

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

It's all.  Route tree which is expanded now, QB play, and development.  We are throwing the ball a lot more this year so we have that going for us.  But as I've said before every conference team is littered with 4 star WRs.  I think there about 40-50 4 star WRs each year now so getting a low 4 star WR and expecting him to be a game breaker because he's a "4 star" ain't nothing like it used to be.  

Most of our wide receiver recruits aren’t low 4 star though. Most are mid to upper 4 stars.

7 hours ago, fredst said:

I emojied this but had to quote it because it is one of the funnier posts I’ve seen on here. Kudos Bird and a tip of my bourbon to you 🥃!

And once again I missed the humor. I thought he was just giving me a brain teaser.I thought he was just giving me a brain teaser.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

And once again I missed the humor. I thought he was just giving me a brain teaser.I thought he was just giving me a brain teaser.

I believe it was a @bigbirdsarcastic way of saying: “All of the above” 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

LOL. That doesn’t answer my question. I was meaning is it Kodi’s and before him Craig’s coaching or what I said about Gus above?

It does answer your question. It's the offense they're playing in. Those guys don't need Kodi or Craig to teach them how to get open. They already knew how to get open and they didn't forget how between their last game in high school and now. 

Although maybe Seth Williams will prove me wrong. Maybe Kodi really did coach the talent out of NCM. But even Kodi was able to get as many targets as NCM did. 

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, the offense we are running is so predictable has a lot to do with the WR's not getting open. And the fact that teams can rush 3 people and get pressure. 

Kodi Burns is awesome, Kodi Burns is not, Kodi Burns is awesome, etc. etc. etc.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Kodi Burns is awesome, Kodi Burns is not, Kodi Burns is awesome, etc. etc. etc.

Think Kodi is doing the best job on his side of the ball. He does need his receivers to not give up on plays so easy. Other than MR. Inconsistency Slayton, the WR's are pretty dang good.  

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

After I typed my message I thought about Julio being left out.  Then I forgot to go back & edit.  Senior moments suck!

36 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think Kodi is doing the best job on his side of the ball. He does need his receivers to not give up on plays so easy. Other than MR. Inconsistency Slayton, the WR's are pretty dang good.  

I've got to forgive them at this point. They know that they've got almost no chance of getting a ball thrown their way. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It does answer your question. It's the offense they're playing in. Those guys don't need Kodi or Craig to teach them how to get open. They already knew how to get open and they didn't forget how between their last game in high school and now. 

Although maybe Seth Williams will prove me wrong. Maybe Kodi really did coach the talent out of NCM. But even Kodi was able to get as many targets as NCM did. 

It wasn't stated clearly for my understanding as your post was. Thank you kind sir!

Archived