2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

On not such a good note there is no reference anymore on his twitter about being an AU commit & he hasn't tweeted or retweeted anything AU related in a good while.

Me and you have been harping on this for some time brother. You know how much that steams my chitlins as the great herman boone says!!!! lol. I KNOW I KNOW before others come in and say this that he does not tweet a lot but DANG even matthew hill still has au commit in his bio and the pinned tweet at the top is his note for when he committed! Def concerning. Just glad he was at a lot of games this past season. No doubt Shed will continue to be in his ear even though he is already at AU.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bg5 said:

LSU may cause some problems here.

I would be irate if we lost him to the worst passing team in the sec and who's OC is ensminger. Now I get why the highly touted WR's IN STATE in Lousiana still go there. But it would make no sense for why a out of state guy would want to. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would be irate if we lost him to the worst passing team in the sec and who's OC is ensminger. Now I get why the highly touted WR's IN STATE in Lousiana still go there. But it would make no sense for why a out of state guy would want to. 

I'm not sure I get it either but I think that may be the one school that could pull him away from us.

4 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I'm not sure I get it either but I think that may be the one school that could pull him away from us.

You really seem to know your stuff and have the inside info. what is their connection here? I do not recall recently LSU having a big presence with the blue chip guys in the state of alabama. Not since saban was there really besides them stealing kwon alexander out from under us.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You really seem to know your stuff and have the inside info. what is their connection here? I do not recall recently LSU having a big presence with the blue chip guys in the state of alabama. Not since saban was there really besides them stealing kwon alexander out from under us.

I just know he is a fan. I don't know if they are even after him but I was told at one point before he committed to us that he wanted to go to LSU if they offered. Things change and it might not even be anything to worry about but if he is looking I would say that is a real possibility.   

Just now, bg5 said:

I just know he is a fan. I don't know if they are even after him but I was told at one point before he committed to us that he wanted to go to LSU if they offered. Things change and it might not even be anything to worry about but if he is looking I would say that is a real possibility.   

Appreciate the info sir! any bit of intel is helpful. I am assuming you go to a lot of hoover games. What do you think of him and shedrick jackson?

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Appreciate the info sir! any bit of intel is helpful. I am assuming you go to a lot of hoover games. What do you think of him and shedrick jackson?

George for sure is the better of the two. Both are really good but George is special. He made some runs and catches this year that only the very best can make. SJ will be really good for us though.  

9 hours ago, bg5 said:

George for sure is the better of the two. Both are really good but George is special. He made some runs and catches this year that only the very best can make. SJ will be really good for us though.  

From watching in person, do you think SJ could move to the secondary?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I really don't know about that. There are so many things that DB's have to be able to do it's hard to tell when you haven't actually seen them do it. Let me be clear about George, I'm just saying he is a fan of LSU and if (if) he were to be looking I think that might be a strong possibility.  Just because he hasn't said anything about us lately doesn't mean anything. I think  if he is looking around we would see signs and other than not posting about us he hasn't done anything that would make me think he wasn't fully committed. As far as SJ goes we are loaded at WR right now so if that is something he can do ( moving to the secondary) it might be worth pursuing.  For all the knocks on Kodi he is coaching a position that has as much or more talent than any other position we have on either side of the ball.

3 minutes ago, bg5 said:

As far as SJ goes we are loaded at WR right now so if that is something he can do ( moving to the secondary) it might be worth pursuing.  

Loaded and over crowded.  We seldom use more than 4 or 5 a game(Slayton, NCM, Davis, Hastings, Stove). If we utilized all of them, I wouldn't think about moving any of them, but we don't...and we need help in the back end.

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I had actually thought when he committed that his size and speed would look good at the safety position (CB not as much)

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Loaded and over crowded.  We seldom use more than 4 or 5 a game(Slayton, NCM, Davis, Hastings, Stove). If we utilized all of them, I wouldn't think about moving any of them, but we don't...and we need help in the back end.

Exactly, I was a little surprised we signed so many. I mean if Justin Ross shocks everyone and comes home then do we really need that many WR in one class? Maybe it's a clue that Lindsey wants to open it up. Pickens is coming in next year. I guess it takes 10 guys to get three good blocking WR. :dunno: 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

But all of those players listed will be gone when the 2019 class comes in. Don't disagree we need to add to the secondary.

Congratulations on Under Armour invite !

Hoover High School and 6'5"? Yes please!

WAR DAMN EAGLE

Like this class a lot already

14 hours ago, bg5 said:

Please no! I want to keep him lol

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

But all of those players listed will be gone when the 2019 class comes in. Don't disagree we need to add to the secondary.

Nah..Not Slayton or Stove or NCM unless one of them transfers.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Nothing wrong with redshirts :dunno:

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

They were Sophomores this year, Juniors next, could leave at that point or be Seniors when 2019 class enrolls. None redshirted. Don’t see why that would play a factor in a 2019 commits decision. The 3-4 we just recruited maybe, but not the list of current wideouts.

When you are as good as Pickens you don't worry about who is already on the team. He is the complete package with his size, speed and ability to high point the catch.

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

When you are as good as Pickens you don't worry about who is already on the team. He is the complete package with his size, speed and ability to high point the catch.

In all brutal honesty though. He doesn't show up every play. If he did he'd be higher than the #41 rated WR in the class given his size & athleticism. A complete package would include a kid showing up every play.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In all brutal honesty though. He doesn't show up every play. If he did he'd be higher than the #41 rated WR in the class given his size & athleticism. A complete package would include a kid showing up every play.

While I agree that he doesn't show up every play, there have been elite WRs who didn't show up every play either.  Julio Jones is a good example. 

Archived