2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yeah it's hard to say because it's so early but missing on a receiver after our current class wouldn't be the end of the world. Definitely want to keep him, his measurements alone are interesting.

Have we ever had a receiver with those kinds of measureables?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Have we ever had a receiver with those kinds of measureables?

prechae.jpg

Prechae Rodriguez.

I believe you, but don't recall him being as tall.   He came just after I left.   

"Tillman, Tillman, Tillman!"

37 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I believe you, but don't recall him being as tall.   He came just after I left.   

"Tillman, Tillman, Tillman!"

Tillman was 6' 5" while he played at AU.

YES!!!!!! finally some AU content on his page! that is of course BO and 5 star RB from IMG Noah Cain with him. WOOO!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YES!!!!!! finally some AU content on his page! that is of course BO and 5 star RB from IMG Noah Cain with him. WOOO!!!!!!!

Exactly what I needed to see! That's what I'm talking about! Now both can continue to work on Noah and T-Will can work his magic on Pappoe and we will have two 5-star prospects in the bag hopefully!

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Exactly what I needed to see! That's what I'm talking about! Now both can continue to work on Noah and T-Will can work his magic on Pappoe and we will have two 5-star prospects in the bag hopefully!

lol as always we love to talk about NEXT class or next year or next season as AU fans but with Bo and George on board anything is POSSIBLE BAAAAAAAAAABY!!!! kg agrees with us! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Can we move him to the defense and have him in the secondary? PICKens is a name meant to be getting int's

badumtss.gif

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol as always we love to talk about NEXT class or next year or next season as AU fans but with Bo and George on board anything is POSSIBLE BAAAAAAAAAABY!!!! kg agrees with us! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

This, I want Noah Cain so bad. Elite RB/WR/QB we would just need a big group of OL players to block for them all!

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This, I want Noah Cain so bad. Elite RB/WR/QB we would just need a big group of OL players to block for them all!

YES!!! more than anything BO needs to work on getting some stud bodies up front to protect him. Only thing missing really from the 2018 class.

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Can we move him to the defense and have him in the secondary? PICKens is a name meant to be getting int's

badumtss.gif

Hard to play DB at that height.

• 1 month later...

Too tall Reece McCall back in the day?

Can Auburn fight off other SEC schools for top WR commit George Pickens?

Much like Justin Ferguson does on the Auburn team side, recruiting reporter Benjamin Wolk will answer the Recruiting Question of the Day. You can ask him questions on Twitteror Facebook. Look for our Question of the Day each weekday. Go here to see our previous answers.

It's that time of the week. Send me your Auburn recruiting questions of the day. The best will be published.

George Pickens is a sure bet to receive a ratings bump. Should Auburn fans be worried about other schools?

Auburn wide receiver commit George Pickens may have risen his stock this weekend more than any other 2019 prospect.

The 4-star wide receiver from Hoover, Ala., came into the Atlanta Opening regional weekend as the No. 26-ranked receiver, according to the 247Sports composite. If people thought there were 25 better receivers than Pickens coming into the weekend, that likely changed quickly when they saw Pickens on Sunday at Buford High School.

Pickens competed against a few of the nation’s best wide receivers, namely Georgia commit Jadon Haselwood and Miami commit Jermaine Burton. He more than held his own with his highlight-reel tendencies.

That comes with some repercussions for Auburn, however.

When Pickens committed to the Tigers last summer, they were the only top-tier program to have offered. In recent months, Georgia, LSU, Florida and others have quickly gotten in on the Pickens sweepstakes.

I spoke with Pickens on Sunday afternoon, and he said he’s still “very firm” to Auburn.

As of right now, it’s the three aforementioned programs — Georgia, LSU and Florida — who are making the hardest push outside of Auburn. Pickens already has taken a few visits, most recently to Georgia, and he expects to make regular visits to multiple schools between now and December. Pickens expects to sign during the early signing period, so Auburn only needs to hold other schools off for eight months.

The big factor helping Auburn is quarterback commit Bo Nix.

Pickens and Nix have a unique relationship, and it showed on Sunday at the Opening. Auburn’s two commits have been playing 7-on-7 together this spring. A special bond has formed. The two hung out for a while following the Sunday event and clearly want to play together at the next level.

As of right now, I really like Auburn’s chances of holding onto its top wide receiver in the class.

To see all the answers to prior Auburn questions, click here.

19 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Too tall Reece McCall back in the day?

Not familiar with him.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's just not fair. 

Yeah....Imagine when he's paired with Seth Williams and with Schwartz and the like too.

1481681164032.gif

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Not familiar with him.

He was back in the Doug Barfield era or early Pat Dye. I think he was and end and was one of the tallest ends during that era for us. I think he was around 6-6 or 6-7. Here we go!

No. 86, 81
Position: Tight end
Personal information
Born: June 16, 1956 (age 61)
Bessemer, Alabama
Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
Weight: 239 lb (108 kg)
Career information
College: Auburn
NFL Draft: 1978 / Round: 1 / Pick: 25
Career history
Career NFL statistics
Receptions: 94
Receiving yards: 1,366
Touchdowns: 12

30 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah....Imagine when he's paired with Seth Williams and with Schwartz and the like too.

1481681164032.gif

Wow that gif takes me back...

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

He was back in the Doug Barfield era or early Pat Dye. I think he was and end and was one of the tallest ends during that era for us. I think he was around 6-6 or 6-7. Here we go!

No. 86, 81
Position: Tight end
Personal information
Born: June 16, 1956 (age 61)
Bessemer, Alabama
Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
Weight: 239 lb (108 kg)
Career information
College: Auburn
NFL Draft: 1978 / Round: 1 / Pick: 25
Career history
Career NFL statistics
Receptions: 94
Receiving yards: 1,366
Touchdowns: 12

He played mostly tight end and was drafted in the first round.

Archived