2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are looking pretty good for George right now. He got his offer from LSU and it didn't really move the bar. Nix may have locked him in for us.

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

I think we are looking pretty good for George right now. He got his offer from LSU and it didn't really move the bar. Nix may have locked him in for us.

And he visited for the scrimmage Saturday. Still repping AU hard. Feel pretty good but still things could happen.

1 hour ago, AURandy56 said:

Should we be worried?

We need to give LSU a beating of biblical proportions this September.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

We need to give LSU a beating of biblical proportions this September.

That wouldn't matter. Who wins a particular game never matters. What we need to do is stay in contact with Pickens, work hard and hope for the best.

3 hours ago, AURandy56 said:

Should we be worried?

Nope. Did you read his quote at the end? Plus he got the no.1 QB in the nation in the same class with him. They've been actively recruiting for the team. They already have great chemistry from playing in camps together. He loves the coaches and the environment. Several teams are "pushing to flip him" if this was a few months ago I might be worried but not now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 2:35 PM, WFE12 said:

Great to hear. One thing in Gus' time here we really haven't lost many commits once they've committed. We do a pretty solid job closing with who we expect.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Great to hear. One thing in Gus' time here we really haven't lost many commits once they've committed. We do a pretty solid job closing with who we expect.

Most schools close at a 90% clip.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Most schools close at a 90% clip.

Where do we sit I wonder? 10% is still pretty large when you're looking at how much time schools put into these kids.

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Where do we sit I wonder? 10% is still pretty large when you're looking at how much time schools put into these kids.

Not really & we are at a 92% clip.

• 2 weeks later...

Rivals expecting a bump bump for GP in next rankings.

https://n.rivals.com/news/simmons-five-2019-prospects-on-the-rise

George Pickens is a Rivals250 prospect, but the long receiver out of Hoover (Ala.) has out-played his ranking this spring. He is a nightmare match-up on the outside and when it comes to jump-balls — forget about it. 

The Auburn commit is still planning to take visits, but he looks to be pretty solid to the Tigers. Florida State and Georgia are schools other than Auburn he has visited in 2018 and Michigan is a school he’s said that he would like to visit. The four-star talent is the No. 24 receiver in the country, but it is hard to see 23 better than him.

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Not to be a Negative Nancy but I sure hope he is firm in his commitment to us

His most recent visit to a school was AU a couple of weeks ago. That was BIG! Because he had made a few outsider trips before his most recent AU visit. WAR EAGLE!

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Not to be a Negative Nancy but I sure hope he is firm in his commitment to us

He has said numerous times that his commitment is firm and that he's recruiting for us.

• 2 weeks later...

sheesh...You can't tell me he's not gonna be a 5-star and top 5 WR by the end of it.

I am not just being a homer because the recruiting gurus are starting to say the same thing here but got dang man! George Pickers has to be one of the most underrated recruits in the country when it comes to his ranking! He should at the least be a high 4 star in the top 50!!!! My goodness he is a stuuuuuuuuuuuud. 

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am not just being a homer because the recruiting gurus are starting to say the same thing here but got dang man! George Pickers has to be one of the most underrated recruits in the country when it comes to his ranking! He should at the least be a high 4 star in the top 50!!!! My goodness he is a stuuuuuuuuuuuud. 

He will be a 5 Star when it’s all said and done. So says I. 

Maybe E can ask his friend, Keef, why the recruiting services are dragging their feet on his ranking.

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

sheesh...You can't tell me he's not gonna be a 5-star and top 5 WR by the end of it.

Have watched it ten times. He’s the complete package. Amari Cooper like. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Have watched it ten times. He’s the complete package. Amari Cooper like. 

Julio? 

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

With due respect the kind of jumps he needs from all 3 sites to get to a 5* rarely happen. Fields going from a 3* to a 5* happened but he is the exception to the rankings norm.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He definitely has all the potential in the world but he needs to be more consistent. There were times last season he went AWOL while playing & dropped some gimmie passes.

Archived