2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

Never consider the fish caught until you have him in the boat.   

Meanwhile, lack of talent at WR is not one of our problems...JMO

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Mikey said:

If Pickens doesn't jump ship, will you whiners allow at least one or two threads on this forum to exist without sidetracking it with another boring "I hate Gus"  post?

It really seems like some of the Gus haters want things to go bad. I don't like what's happening this year and if they let Gus go so be it but lets not wish bad stuff on the team. Mikey is right y'all are not helping anything by every post being negative.

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

It really seems like some of the Gus haters want things to go bad. 

For the millionth time, it's not Gus hate. It's shi**y football hate. Gus might be a great human being, but he's responsible for shi**y football. 

As for wanting things to go bad, I'm not one of those people, but I don't begrudge those people that sentiment. They look at a couple losses as foul-tasting medicine necessary for improving the overall health of Auburn football.

A lot of other folks, on the other hand, seem more preoccupied with Gus's best interests than those of Auburn football or even Auburn University. Which is worse?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

For the millionth time, it's not Gus hate. It's shi**y football hate. Gus might be a great human being, but he's responsible for shi**y football. 

As for wanting things to go bad, I'm not one of those people, but I don't begrudge those people that sentiment. They look at a couple losses as foul-tasting medicine necessary for improving the overall health of Auburn football.

A lot of other folks, on the other hand, seem more preoccupied with Gus's best interests than those of Auburn football or even Auburn University. Which is worse?

This. THIS. THIS!. MOTHER FRICKIN THIS! Some people in here seem more loyal to a got dang coach than AUBURN!!! That too me is the greatest offense of all. A coach who has absolutely no ties to AU before 2009 I might add. It is not like he is some AU lifer............

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

It really seems like some of the Gus haters want things to go bad. I don't like what's happening this year and if they let Gus go so be it but lets not wish bad stuff on the team. Mikey is right y'all are not helping anything by every post being negative.

Being blind to bad football is even more detrimental.  Ignoring and infection is not the best treatment.  Whether Gus stays or goes, we all need to be honest about Gus' performances.  His problems/issues in year 1 are still effecting the team in year 6.  Eventually, we need to stop blaming player execution and start looking at the scheme they are trying to execute.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Being blind to bad football is even more detrimental.  Ignoring and infection is not the best treatment.  Whether Gus stays or goes, we all need to be honest about Gus' performances.  His problems/issues in year 1 are still effecting the team in year 6.  Eventually, we need to stop blaming player execution and start looking at the scheme they are trying to execute.  

My comment was based on this comment. "I do hope that if Pickens jumps ship the Gus defenders will change their tune. " That comment implies to me that someone would want George to De-commit so people that defend Gus would clue in. I am not being pro Gus I think he has done a terrible job this year and has not recruited for need for several years. He picked part of what I said out and made it sound like I was defending Gus. Saying don't be negative toward the team doesn't mean I think Gus is doing well. You can want Gus gone but still love the team. I don't want to lose great players just so it will push Gus off the cliff. I hope that makes since.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

RG0BS1U.gif

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

My comment was based on this comment. "I do hope that if Pickens jumps ship the Gus defenders will change their tune. " That comment implies to me that someone would want George to De-commit so people that defend Gus would clue in. 

Not sure how those words in that order imply that at all, but no one wants anyone to decommit. That will set our program back more than  a new coach would

36 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Not sure how those words in that order imply that at all, but no one wants anyone to decommit. That will set our program back more than  a new coach would

Maybe I'm wrong that's just the way I took it. There just seems to be an underlying tone on this board right now that whatever it takes to get Gus out is worth the cost. Looks like I transferred that feeling to this message. If so I'm sorry.

4 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Maybe I'm wrong that's just the way I took it. There just seems to be an underlying tone on this board right now that whatever it takes to get Gus out is worth the cost. Looks like I transferred that feeling to this message. If so I'm sorry.

I hear you. I don't think you owe an apology. I do, though. My bad.

Still just the same 2 guys on the bus. You're not one of them. 

20 minutes ago, bg5 said:

A lot of people want Gus gone, and a lot of people have admitted they will root against us if it means Gus gets canned. To be honest, I tried that, but just couldn’t do it. I love my tigers too much to see them lose, much less to hope it happens. That’s why we’re fed up with Gus. I think it’s clear to the unbiased observer at this point that Gus just doesn’t have what it takes to lead our program, and we’re ready to move on. He had so much potential, but that’s all he is. So in short, you’re not wrong

On 10/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, gr82be said:

I was in school when Barfield was there and even though it was bad I will never say Auburn was garbage. Not sure where you heard that or is that your opinion? When I was a radio listening, sports section reading, highlight watching kid then yes, I was good with Auburn just getting to a bowl. I have not talked to anyone in my age bracket who thinks that's good enough now. I'm one of the older guys on here but at this point if you aren't one of the  four left standing then you haven't accomplished anything. Auburn's coach doesn't need to be a Saint, just don't embarrass us on or off the field and I'm good to go. 

That was before my day. I'm just going off what has been said to me. 

I think a lot of it has to do with not wanting to say anything against Shug or Dye. Barfield was the punching bag in between the two best coaches in our history. Although in the 5 years Barfield was the coach, he never won more than 8 games. And most seasons was around a .500 record. So I can get why they say that about Barfield. And Auburn was a terrible team under him. 8-3 was his best season, and  averaged more like 5 or 6 wins per season under Barfield. 

Also Barfield is commonly referred to as the worst coach Auburn has had in the modern era. So I'm pretty confused as to why you would even ask that... Barfield didn't get fired because we were winning under his guidance...

Also I'm glad YOU are ok with that, but most in the generations older than me that I have ever been around are simply ok with making a bowl. And most want an absolute saint as the coach. I mean people have used the fact Gus doesn't curse as a reason to keep him on as the coach. It's simply astounding.

Anyway, on to this Pickens kid... I sure hope we end up with him, but if we do, I have to wonder, what his thinking process was. I don't see how any superstar can see the crapshow of an offense we have fielded with a NFL QB and think they can make it better. As much as I love Auburn, if my son was a football superstar, there isn't a chance on God's green earth I allow him to go to a Malzahn coached team unless Malzahn just wakes up and some how retains the edge he lost after becoming the head coach.

7 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Anyway, on to this Pickens kid... I sure hope we end up with him, but if we do, I have to wonder, what his thinking process was. I don't see how any superstar can see the crapshow of an offense we have fielded with a NFL QB and think they can make it better. As much as I love Auburn, if my son was a football superstar, there isn't a chance on God's green earth I allow him to go to a Malzahn coached team unless Malzahn just wakes up and some how retains the edge he lost after becoming the head coach.

Thanks for helping our recruiting opponents. I completely understand the frustration but it doesn't do our team any good to post such thoughts in an open public recruiting forum where recruits & their families so easily access it. Think about it this way. We always need the Jimmys & Joes regardless of whether Gus is the coach or not so let us not be an issue our staff has to face when trying to get the best talent they can.

Also I would hope you let your son be his own man & pick where he wants to go whether you agree with the decision or not. As much as I can't stand teams like Texas, USC, Michigan, & FSU I would let my son go there if that's his choice. The only schools I know of right now I would not allow is tOSU & Maryland for their off field issues & the piss poor way their administration handled them.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also I would hope you let your son be his own man & pick where he wants to go whether you agree with the decision or not. As much as I can't stand teams like Texas, USC, Michigan, & FSU I would let my son go there if that's his choice. The only schools I know of right now I would not allow is tOSU & Maryland for their off field issues & the piss poor way their administration handled them.

EL-LI-TOR! EL-LI-TOR! ECW! whoops EL-LI-TOR!

(I'd post an ECW gif but it's hard to find one without more violence/blood than is appropriate in a recruiting thread.)

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

(I'd post an ECW gif but it's hard to find one without more violence/blood than is appropriate in a recruiting thread.)

Thanks! I looked myself after this post and found this priceless gem from Dusty “Curly” Rhoades. I didn’t even know he was ever in ECW.

tenor.gif

19 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Cut off your nose much?

Like so many others on this board I hope we hold on to Pickens. He and Bo, with the right OC could become the second coming of Sullivan to Beasley. A guy can wish.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, corchjay said:

Johnson 6 catches in the first half.  95 yards 2 TDs

On 11/4/2018 at 7:15 PM, milehighfan said:

Like so many others on this board I hope we hold on to Pickens. He and Bo, with the right OC could become the second coming of Sullivan to Beasley. A guy can wish.

Or Stidham to Davis!

Sullivan Beasley is better that Stidham Davis because they threw downfield and stretched the D.  To many screens to Davis but I do give Davis his due credit in getting as much as he has out of the screens when teams are designing their D around stopping the screen.  The only time we truly opened the passing attack was lst half of 4th quarter against A&M and it worked. Then next week we avoided doing same thing against Georgia that is truly amazing.

The Gus passing attack is just an extension of his running attack it is short and hopes somebody beats a tackler to pick up 5 yards.

9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Sullivan Beasley is better that Stidham Davis because they threw downfield and stretched the D. 

I think it was Beasley's junior year that he averaged 21.2 yards per catch.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:53 AM, bg5 said:

I want things to go badly as possible as quickly as possible so that Gus can be completely embarrassed and humiliated for the culmination of his horrific whole sale program management... and then we can  him expediently and begin the healing process.

4 hours ago, L I G E R said:

I want things to go badly as possible as quickly as possible so that Gus can be completely embarrassed and humiliated for the culmination of his horrific whole sale program management... and then we can  him expediently and begin the healing process.

That's the team spirit I was looking for. By the way GP had another great game last night.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 12:46 AM, ellitor said:

Thanks for helping our recruiting opponents. I completely understand the frustration but it doesn't do our team any good to post such thoughts in an open public recruiting forum where recruits & their families so easily access it. Think about it this way. We always need the Jimmys & Joes regardless of whether Gus is the coach or not so let us not be an issue our staff has to face when trying to get the best talent they can.

Speaking of piss poor way of handling situations, let me introduce the PTB at Auburn.

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Speaking of piss poor way of handling situations, let me introduce the PTB at Auburn.

Let's leave that discussion to the football forum since we have a coach for one more season at minimum.

Archived