2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Don’t remind me of Mr. Buidne$$ decision. He betrayed so many people and honestly would have gotten a lot more playing time here. 

Who knows, maybe he would have developed better as a young man too.

I dunno. He played a lot at bama and got drafted in the first round. And Gus hasn't exactly rehabbed many guys who came here with problems. And Foster isn't any Angel but he did get the charges dropped and has been reinstated.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'll bite. What's wrong with @oracle79's question?

Little brother syndrome 

@McLoofus what I mean by that is, good players should ONLY go to top programs? Which means Diggs who is a top 10 receiver should have never gone to Maryland. If Pickens feels comfortable at AUburn it doesn’t really matter what bammer or any other program sells him he should go wherever he feels most at home.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ruben Foster got a tattoo.

The question might not be "necessary" but it's valid until we get the fax.

It’s a terrible way to be an AU fan.   It’s a question that does not need to be asked because nobody knows the answer.   Speculation blah.  “I believe in Auburn and love it”. 

19 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

@McLoofus what I mean by that is, good players should ONLY go to top programs? Which means Diggs who is a top 10 receiver should have never gone to Maryland. If Pickens feels comfortable at AUburn it doesn’t really matter what bammer or any other program sells him he should go wherever he feels most at home.

No disagreement from me.

I thought he was asking a fair and honest question. Does the guy want to go to a front runner or does he want to "help build something special"? Maybe I misunderstood though.

16 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

It’s a terrible way to be an AU fan.   It’s a question that does not need to be asked because nobody knows the answer.   Speculation blah.  “I believe in Auburn and love it”. 

Why have a recruiting forum if we only want to ask questions we know the answers to? Or any forum? 

The program that has recruited far better than any other for most of the last decade has prioritized this kid. It's more than reasonable to wonder how it's going to go. Spare me the superfan act. We're all Auburn fans and I for one will still be one regardless of George's decision. This really shouldn't be an emotional conversation. 

I think the question ought to at least consider whether a guy is worried about not being able to beat out another recruit ...or the guy who has the job now.  

Notice that Schwartz and Seth were not scared off by having to compete with C-M......and in fact, came in and took his job away from him in a month.   Those young players have  the right attitude to be successful in the SEC....JMO

6 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Will be interesting to see what he decides.

That's why I added this part.  And you are right that he is "committed" to us currently.  And, he might be better off catching passes from Sandberg, or Nix for 3 or 4 years rather than Tua for one year, but that's why I added in the reference to DC being our current passing yardage leader from 20 years ago (Klein...lol).  Maybe he comes here and Bo shatters records with him, but past performance is the best predictor of future performance, so like I said, it'll be interesting to see what he decides.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

No disagreement from me.

I thought he was asking a fair and honest question. Does the guy want to go to a front runner or does he want to "help build something special"? Maybe I misunderstood though.

lol We are Auburn a top 10 program all time. Not some upstart cute little program like say one of the MS schools. PUT SOME RESPEKT ON OUR NAME LOOFY!!!! hahaha.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol We are Auburn a top 10 program all time. Not some upstart cute little program like say one of the MS schools. PUT SOME RESPEKT ON OUR NAME LOOFY!!!! hahaha.

Really I would say we're a top 15 program and that's not a bad thing

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hah! Scare quotes, my dude! And no matter what, Pickens will be starting with a new QB, so the offense will be rebuilding a lil bit. And the defense will be rebuilding a lotta bit.

But I'm not seriously calling this a coaching change-level rebuild. 

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Really I would say we're a top 15 program and that's not a bad thing

top 12 to be exact I believe. buuuuut I am just going to round up because top 10 is a big cache! haha.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! Scare quotes, my dude! And no matter what, Pickens will be starting with a new QB, so the offense will be rebuilding a lil bit. And the defense will be rebuilding a lotta bit.

But I'm not seriously calling this a coaching change-level rebuild. 

OK PHEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! you gave me quite a scare. DO NOT DO THAT LOOF!!!!!! lol. WAR DAMN!!!! you ready for the Gustav super bowl tomorrow?! I expect our best coached and played game of the year for us like EVERY year against arky since gus became head coach! haha. Quite the opposite of the tub years.......

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

OK PHEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! you gave me quite a scare. DO NOT DO THAT LOOF!!!!!! lol. WAR DAMN!!!! you ready for the Gustav super bowl tomorrow?! I expect our best coached and played game of the year for us like EVERY year against arky since gus became head coach! haha. Quite the opposite of the tub years.......

WOOOOOOO! Giddy up. Hopefully Gus doesn't want job security for his buddy Chad as much as he wants it for his daddy Ed. 

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

WOOOOOOO! Giddy up. Hopefully Gus doesn't want job security for his buddy Chad as much as he wants it for his daddy Ed. 

O you know the tubbershell offense is coming in the second half to allow his good friend chad to make the score respectable. Expect Cord or whoever comes in to practice their hand off technique a lot! haha

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O you know the tubbershell offense is coming in the second half to allow his good friend chad to make the score respectable. Expect Cord or whoever comes in to practice their hand off technique a lot! haha

BOOOOOOOOOOO

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

top 12 to be exact I believe. buuuuut I am just going to round up because top 10 is a big cache! haha.

Which criteria are you using Gwill?  I know we are top 20 in most analysis.  But, are you going total wins, win percentage, average AP rank, bowl games, etc.?  Just curious.  I'd say most of them are top 15, which considering who we've played over the years, is pretty stout.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Which criteria are you using Gwill?  I know we are top 20 in most analysis.  But, are you going total wins, win percentage, average AP rank, bowl games, etc.?  Just curious.  I'd say most of them are top 15, which considering who we've played over the years, is pretty stout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins Take away the non power 5 schools  ahead of us and we are 13.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Why have a recruiting forum if we only want to ask questions we know the answers to? Or any forum? 

The program that has recruited far better than any other for most of the last decade has prioritized this kid. It's more than reasonable to wonder how it's going to go. Spare me the superfan act. We're all Auburn fans and I for one will still be one regardless of George's decision. This really shouldn't be an emotional conversation. 

Ok so how much more do you want to speculate about it?  Let’s touch base on it daily to keep the recruiting board lit!  I will be sure to hit you up and see if you feel George is going to go to Bama just because of reasons that may or may not be true.     

I am kidding,  and really not trying to pick a fight (lol).  I just find it to be the same rehash over nothing that we can control and infact feel it sheds our fan base in a negative light.  

4 hours ago, oracle79 said:

That's why I added this part.  And you are right that he is "committed" to us currently.  And, he might be better off catching passes from Sandberg, or Nix for 3 or 4 years rather than Tua for one year, but that's why I added in the reference to DC being our current passing yardage leader from 20 years ago (Klein...lol).  Maybe he comes here and Bo shatters records with him, but past performance is the best predictor of future performance, so like I said, it'll be interesting to see what he decides.

He has decided,  that is my point.  If he changes then it happens but for right now he is committed to Auburn.  

I am sorry if I rocked the boat to you and McLoofus.  

Ok so didn't Pickens do something at Bama this past weekend? Someone on youtube was talking about Bama possibly flipping Pickens this past weekend... I see he is still committed, so it must not have gone to plan if he did go to turd town this past weekend. 

On 9/21/2018 at 8:22 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I did too, but it didn't work out that way did it? LoL

15 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Ok so didn't Pickens do something at Bama this past weekend? Someone on youtube was talking about Bama possibly flipping Pickens this past weekend... I see he is still committed, so it must not have gone to plan if he did go to turd town this past weekend. 

I did too, but it didn't work out that way did it? LoL

I guess gus loses his killer instinct when burt is not on the opposing sideline! lmao.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I guess gus loses his killer instinct when burt is not on the opposing sideline! lmao.

Of course I thought the same thing about LSU. I talked a lot to the LSU fans in my family. I just KNEW Gus wasn't going to pull a #ButGus moment and pay them back for last season. How wrong we both were, lol

14 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Of course I thought the same thing about LSU. I talked a lot to the LSU fans in my family. I just KNEW Gus wasn't going to pull a #ButGus moment and pay them back for last season. How wrong we both were, lol

Gus suprises us every year GOOD or BAD! lol. He perfectly fits the rollercoaster that is Auburn football history.

Archived