2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

56 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think Kodi is doing the best job on his side of the ball. He does need his receivers to not give up on plays so easy. Other than MR. Inconsistency Slayton, the WR's are pretty dang good.  

I should have made a bet a couple years ago that @WarDamnEagleWDE would never make such a statement. I'd be a rich man now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, tinman said:

After I typed my message I thought about Julio being left out.  Then I forgot to go back & edit.  Senior moments suck!

Tell me about it 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Tell me about it 

Well if senior moments suck I'd hate to know about your fossil-ized moments.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I should have made a bet a couple years ago that @WarDamnEagleWDE would never make such a statement. I'd be a rich man now.

I'm guessing you realize that is a condemnation of the remaining offensive coaches and not an endorsement/confirmation on Kodi's coaching ability right?

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I'm guessing you realize that is a condemnation of the remaining offensive coaches and not an endorsement/confirmation on Kodi's coaching ability right?

The way he worded it I read it as both condemnation of the rest of the O staff & an actual endorsement to some extent  of him being surprised Kodi is doing well considering the system he is having to work with. Only WDE can clarify what he meant.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

So, rumor that he gave UAT a silent. Can you blame him?

No. He has eyes. Their offense is the most fun and exciting in college football this year.

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

I’m not surprised. Still going to suck though. 

Is Pickens going to pull a TJ Yeldon on AU? If has has given Bama a silent verbal, as has been suggested by a previous poster, I would hope he would be man enough to go ahead and make it public than pull this crap that Yeldon did a few years ago. 

23 hours ago, AUwent said:

You are confusing bammer wishful thinking with rumors. Best to ignore them.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You are confusing bammer wishful thinking with rumors. Best to ignore them.

Why would you assume that to be "wishful thinking" on their end? Pickens, if he has any brains, should not go to Auburn under this current offensive system.  That doesn't even need to be explained, and please don't give me an aneurysm by claiming  that his talent is some missing piece to finally making Malzahn's sixth-grade passing game "work".  Pickens looking elsewhere would be common sense in my mind at this point.

Nix we can keep because he's a legacy, so there's that.  Even in that case I fail to see how he fits Gus' offense any better than any of the other QB's he's broken, but pure blind allegiance to the school likely saves us here.  If we get Freeze that may allow us to hold onto Pickens as well, but I'd actually feel guilty in that case given that Freeze woulds be a ~1 year stop gap.

With the fans that we have (especially on this board) I don't know why anyone would want to come to Auburn. The team is not playing well but we don't have to continue to put them down and talk about coaching changes. That doesn't help in this day and age where recruits look at message boards. It's ok to be disappointed but if you truly want things to get better stop with the team and staff bashing. I wish some of you had contracts so I could buy you out.

20 minutes ago, bg5 said:

With the fans that we have (especially on this board) I don't know why anyone would want to come to Auburn. The team is not playing well but we don't have to continue to put them down and talk about coaching changes. That doesn't help in this day and age where recruits look at message boards. It's ok to be disappointed but if you truly want things to get better stop with the team and staff bashing. I wish some of you had contracts so I could buy you out.

Kids don’t have to read these boards to know what is going on. They watch the games or are visiting. We want change so they have a chance to excel and for Auburn to succeed. This is how change starts. 

2 hours ago, wcware said:

Kids don’t have to read these boards to know what is going on. They watch the games or are visiting. We want change so they have a chance to excel and for Auburn to succeed. This is how change starts. 

Maybe he is also aware of the Hugh Freeze to AU/OC rumor next year so is excited about that... etc..

See rumors work both ways.  

46 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Maybe he is also aware of the Hugh Freeze to AU/OC rumor next year so is excited about that... etc..

See rumors work both ways.  

Why can’t we just go after Kendall Briles?

I think if we fans will just shut our pie holes Pickens and the other recruits will never figure out that we have problems on O or the coaching staff

Unfortunately I have to agree that he is most likely looking around. Unless we get some O'line commits in a hurry and change OC's I think it will be hard to keep him.   

On 10/5/2018 at 9:08 AM, ellitor said:

That statement isn't saying much. Some high school teams are better offensively than AU is. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Rumors? UAT is a legit threat to get Pickens. That isn't a rumor. 

Why wouldn't they be?  They have a more complicated passing attack to prepare them for the NFL, better QBs, and consistently put WRs into the draft.  We offer none of that.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why wouldn't they be?  They have a more complicated passing attack to prepare them for the NFL, better QBs, and consistently put WRs into the draft.  We offer none of that.

Yuuurrrrrp. All they have to do is point at Julio, Coop and now Ridley under Saban. 

Archived