2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

43 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Like what exactly? Bama stopped recruiting him and is full at WR. Same with FSU. UGA? Don't believe they were ever a huge threat here. Bo Nix? People never said that Bo signing at AU wasn't a factor. Just isn't the one deciding factor. His grades are bad also. 

This is what has me worried. I don't know this young man at all but I do know that if you don't apply yourself in the classroom that work ethic will eventually catch up to you when the challenges of life hit you. He's a stud receiver for sure but college classwork will kick his butt if he doesn't know how to study. I made very good grades in HS but I never had to study hard. My freshman year at Auburn was rough and I had to learn how to study. Paying attention in class won't cut it by itself. I hope he figures this out because he's running out of time. Love to have him in orange and blue this fall. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Like what exactly? Bama stopped recruiting him and is full at WR. Same with FSU. UGA? Don't believe they were ever a huge threat here. Bo Nix? People never said that Bo signing at AU wasn't a factor. Just isn't the one deciding factor. His grades are bad also. 

What about LSU? They have seemed to be the only threat for a while.

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

This is what has me worried. I don't know this young man at all but I do know that if you don't apply yourself in the classroom that work ethic will eventually catch up to you when the challenges of life hit you. He's a stud receiver for sure but college classwork will kick his butt if he doesn't know how to study. I made very good grades in HS but I never had to study hard. My freshman year at Auburn was rough and I had to learn how to study. Paying attention in class won't cut it by itself. I hope he figures this out because he's running out of time. Love to have him in orange and blue this fall. 

He may have struggled to apply himself but I wouldn't ever assume that without knowing a kid. NCAA accepted requirement for classes & what not as well as what classes to take can be quite a bit different than what the the standard curriculum for a high school. If a guidance counselor is not working with the school's student-athletes then a kid can be making good grades but be behind even after the 9th grade due to not taking the NCAA curriculum.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He may have struggled to apply himself but I wouldn't ever assume that without knowing a kid. NCAA accepted requirement for classes & what not as well as what classes to take can be quite a bit different than what the the standard curriculum for a high school. If a guidance counselor is not working with the school's student-athletes then a kid can be making good grades but be behind even after the 9th grade due to not taking the NCAA curriculum.

Happens all too often.  

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If a guidance counselor is not working with the school's student-athletes then a kid can be making good grades but be behind even after the 9th grade due to not taking the NCAA curriculum. 

Of all the high schools on the planet, I'd think Hoover has this covered better than any. They recruit using their placement of high profile players into college programs as a selling point.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Of all the high schools on the planet, I'd think Hoover has this covered better than any. They recruit using their placement of high profile players into college programs as a selling point.

One would think but apparently not. They had to develop an online system for George to help him get caught up to NCAA standards so George would not transfer to Thompson for his SR season because they already had a program in place to help him get caught up.

• 2 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

So are we gonna keep this guy?  I sure hope so.

He called Bo "my quarterback" today in an interview if that gives you any kind of indication. Although I'm sure it wasn't said in this way...

tenor.gif?itemid=8169080

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

He called Bo "my quarterback" today in an interview if that gives you any kind of indication. Although I'm sure it wasn't said in this way...

tenor.gif?itemid=8169080

I would name my kid George if he were exactly like TO, emotional baggage and all.

George Pickens T.O. McLoofus sounds sort of like a deputy from Hazzard county.

Edit: Yes, I'm assuming you give him first AND last name dibs. I'm also assuming your real last name is McLoofus because I like things better that way.

24 minutes ago, looney said:

George Pickens T.O. McLoofus sounds sort of like a deputy from Hazzard county.

Edit: Yes, I'm assuming you give him first AND last name dibs. I'm also assuming your real last name is McLoofus because I like things better that way.

Far be it from me to shatter the illusion. 

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 5* WR George Pickens commits to Auburn!!!
12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I would name my kid George if he were exactly like TO, emotional baggage and all.

Just keep it simple. MC Loofus. 

mc-hammer.gif

11 hours ago, AUwent said:

Please qualify please qualify please qualify please qualify

(Oh yeah, and stay with us.)

At this point it looks like he will be able to do both. Hoover has really done a lot to help  him with the grades issue and it sounds more and more like some of his other options are not real contenders ( I think he has all but eliminated them). I would say 95% ok on Grades and 90% on coming Auburn.  

Archived