2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

29 minutes ago, around4ever said:

While I agree that he doesn't show up every play, there have been elite WRs who didn't show up every play either.  Julio Jones is a good example. 

Julio showed up other than some drops. Bama just didn't utilize him well. Your point is still good though. On the plays George does show up he should be more dominant that he is given his size and ability.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where are we at with his commitment? I'm aware there is an insane amount of time left and that we might not know but this sounds like an odd situation.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

So where are we at with his commitment?

Same question we've all been asking. We don't know.

Just because as a Junior he did not show up on every play does not mean he hasn't matured. Many players mature at different rates. We have had some players on our DL in the past who had the reputation of not showing on on every play. RG changed them one became a Pro last year ( I am not talking Lawson) and had his best year last year before going pro.  By the time he gets on Campus he realizes how good everybody in college is and if Kodi is a good coach he will deal with not showing up on every play.

49 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

ust because as a Junior he did not show up on every play does not mean he hasn't matured.

FTR level of maturity was never mentioned nor implied to the best of my recollection. I just raised a legitimate concern at the moment of him not dominating the way he should given his God-given ability. I'm not long term branding the kid or anything.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

FTR level of maturity was never mentioned nor implied to the best of my recollection. I just raised a legitimate concern at the moment of him not dominating the way he should given his God-given ability. I'm not long term branding the kid or anything.

I didn't think you were. You were giving an honest assessment of how he played as a Junior. I was just saying we don't know for sure that he will continue to play that way. You were correct with his physical skills if he had played hard on every play he would have rated much higher. Next year I hope to see that he has matured and will play at higher level also since Shedrick will no longer be opposite him to help take pressure off of him and vice versa he will have to play harder to achieve same level of success.

• 2 weeks later...

Been committed since july 21st 2017 and still no Auburn mention in his twitter profile about being a AU commitment like 99% of kids do when committed. SMH. SHOW US SOME LOVE GEORGE!

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Been committed since july 21st 2017 and still no Auburn mention in his twitter profile about being a AU commitment like 99% of kids do when committed. SMH. SHOW US SOME LOVE GEORGE!

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We must be his holla back girl as Mikey likes to say. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

We must be his holla back girl as Mikey likes to say. 

I have not seen him say this before and I never knew I needed anything in my life as much as I need to see this! lol

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have not seen him say this before and I never knew I needed anything in my life as much as I need to see this! lol

Haha. But for real, George is a total disappointment if he’s just in the Auburn camp only until he gets the offer that he wants. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Haha. But for real, George is a total disappointment if he’s just in the Auburn camp only until he gets the offer that he wants. 

a guy came around here on this page maybe a page or 2 back who really seemed to know the situation and said if any team can flip him it would be LSU.

smells like he is an imposter.   Auburn should rescind the offer

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

a guy came around here on this page maybe a page or 2 back who really seemed to know the situation and said if any team can flip him it would be LSU.

That’s weird. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s weird. 

as it always is anytime a big time WR considers LSU. even the ones in the state of LA.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

as it always is anytime a big time WR considers LSU. even the ones in the state of LA.

They’d be better served playing for Georgia Tech.

Gentlemen let's not forget Lsu has put a few bigger named WRs in the league than us. Who am I kidding we have 0. So I don't see it that farfetched. 

1 minute ago, Southwest said:

Gentlemen let's not forget Lsu has put a few bigger named WRs in the league than us. Who am I kidding we have 0. So I don't see it that farfetched. 

I would hardly call myself a gentlemen! lol

1 minute ago, Southwest said:

0 bigger names or 0 WR? 

Sammie Coates and Ricardo Louis say hey. 

7 minutes ago, Southwest said:

They did not do anything to deserve to get those WR's to come to LSU that they put in the NFL. They were just blessed that LSU has NO other in state power to influence them to go anywhere else. Everyone gets to move in one direction to direct these kids to LSU in that state.  Poor Terrance Marshall he did not stand a chance! lol

3 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

0 bigger names or 0 WR? 

THE AUDACITY TO FORGET the OG WAR EAGLE BABY himself guy Quan Bray! lol

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

0 bigger names or 0 WR? 

Jarvis Landry and O'Dell says who? 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They did not do anything to deserve to get those WR's to come to LSU that they put in the NFL. They were just blessed that LSU has NO other in state power to influence them to go anywhere else. Everyone gets to move in one direction to direct these kids to LSU in that state.  Poor Terrance Marshall he did not stand a chance! lol

We have though? I'm only suggesting that I don't see him considering LSU a big conundrum like some. That's all

2 minutes ago, Southwest said:

We have though? I'm only suggesting that I don't see him considering LSU a big conundrum like some. That's all

I get why the crazy talented in state WR's go to LSU but why on earth would a out of state guy be attracted to that? We have a QB who just threw for 3k yards coming back. They just fired their best chance at having a dynamic offense. Guess coach O wants to run the boring Les offense.

Archived