2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I really can’t wait to embarrass them this year and put Coach O on the hot seat early.

You would hope that the loss last year and the manner in which we lost pisses Gus off enough he wants to embarrass them like he does Arky

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Am I the only person on this board that sees George signing with someone else before it is over?  I hope like crazy he does not but I just don't see firm commitment anywhere in this equation.  Everything is in place for him to recruit kids to Auburn and put the questions to bed like Owen has done but I just don't see it with George.  TBH I wonder if the staff sees the same thing and that is why we have been after others.

13 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Am I the only person on this board that sees George signing with someone else before it is over?  I hope like crazy he does not but I just don't see firm commitment anywhere in this equation.  Everything is in place for him to recruit kids to Auburn and put the questions to bed like Owen has done but I just don't see it with George.  TBH I wonder if the staff sees the same thing and that is why we have been after others.

It's not a nice cozy feeling that's for sure. Taking your visits is one thing but saying another school is and was always your favorite is something totally different. Try that with the girl you're dating and see how long that lasts. 

22 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Keith did post this:

28 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Someone in here from Hoover sometime last year or early this year cannot remember said LSU is his dream school and to watch out for them. Only school that could flip him from us. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Keith did post this:

That is what is most frustrating. He is playing games. Because all of Keefs inside info about him is positive for AU but everything that comes out of Pickens mouth makes us and everyone think he is shaky at best. He STILL has never put any Auburn commit or Auburn material on his twitter page like literally every other commit does. Me and @ellitor always talk about this. He def has that STAR diva WR thing down pat......

55 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is what is most frustrating. He is playing games. Because all of Keefs inside info about him is positive for AU but everything that comes out of Pickens mouth makes us and everyone think he is shaky at best. He STILL has never put any Auburn commit or Auburn material on his twitter page like literally every other commit does. Me and @ellitor always talk about this. He def has that STAR diva WR thing down pat......

As long as he produces like a star & honors whatever he has told the staff then I can live with him "Doing The Recruiting Thing". Not gonna lie though. I have a TJY feel lurking around on this one.

The thing that jumps out at me is he does recruit for AU.  Most guys with eyes somewhere else usually don’t recruit to the school they are committed to.  

However he will be one we have to continue to give the “star” treatment to the entire cycle.  It’s not a great situation when you have others you need to get locked up but I would rather be starting with a lead like we have then starting from behind.

IMO, he is enjoying the process, I believe he is all AU. I don't see anything wrong here

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

IMO, he is enjoying the process, I believe he is all AU. I don't see anything wrong here

He could be doing a Jameis Winston...Taking in all the public pagentry of recruiting but mostly privately recruiting for his committed school.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He could be doing a Jameis Winston...Taking in all the public pagentry of recruiting but mostly privately recruiting for his committed school.

This is my gut feeling E, but you never know. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

As long as he produces like a star & honors whatever he has told the staff then I can live with him "Doing The Recruiting Thing". Not gonna lie though. I have a TJY feel lurking around on this one.

TJY?

It ain’t over until the signature is on the LOI, but most kids who are threats to flip go out of their way to reaffirm their original commitment. His comments sound a lot more like someone ready to take some all expense paid vacations, especially to the West Coast. I’m glad him and Bo are getting a lot of bonding time. 

56 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

most kids who are threats to flip go out of their way to reaffirm their original commitment.

Not necessarily.

56 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

is comments sound a lot more like someone ready to take some all expense paid vacations, especially to the West Coast.

I could say it that way.

"I just let him know how fun it will be and (how) at these camps how dominant we are, and I just remind him that could be every Saturday at Auburn," said Nix, who led Pinson Valley to the Class 6A state title last year. "He knows that, and I feel pretty confident we're going to keep him."

I think Nix's comments seem to be more telling than what we seem to think. Nix shows to me that HE is not sure if we keep Pickens and for Nix to keep reminding Pickens what they can do, tells me Pickens gives him some doubt too.....

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think Nix's comments seem to be more telling than what we seem to think. Nix shows to me that HE is not sure if we keep Pickens and for Nix to keep reminding Pickens what they can do, tells me Pickens gives him some doubt too.....

Just part of continuously having to a good number of big time commits. I wouldn't necessarily read much in his comments 1 way or another.

This is not a TJY situation at all. To me that was one of the worst backstabs I can remember. That wasn't typical recruiting stuff that was a game set up by Saban just being a jerk (I could call it other stuff but I won't). GP is just enjoying the process and the attention right now. I'm guessing he will still end up at Auburn but I would not be surprised if it's not a show between now and then. He is big time and he knows it and is enjoying the attention.  I think he is a good kid. TJY was on the take.

Archived