11 hours ago, fredst said:

594910DF-E32C-4877-924E-EFA6C81CEE65.gif

Here was 1 great TJY moment:

carl-lawson-stops-tj-yeldon-1153272c94316db3.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ellitor said:

He could be doing a Jameis Winston...Taking in all the public pagentry of recruiting but mostly privately recruiting for his committed school.

I have been quoted by Ellitor the great.  Life is good?

32 minutes ago, bg5 said:

This is not a TJY situation at all. To me that was one of the worst backstabs I can remember. That wasn't typical recruiting stuff that was a game set up by Saban just being a jerk (I could call it other stuff but I won't). GP is just enjoying the process and the attention right now. I'm guessing he will still end up at Auburn but I would not be surprised if it's not a show between now and then. He is big time and he knows it and is enjoying the attention.  I think he is a good kid. TJY was on the take.

I've got to agree with this.  Any time you have  a 5 star recruit (and he is),  that recruit will continue to get attention.  The downside of events like the opening is that it's a 2 way street. Our recruits are recruiting for us, but they are also being recruited by others.  Most likely Pickens will stick, but he will keep being recruited. And a good season will help the good guys.

This feels different than a regular situation of a kid enjoying the visits and playing the game and being positive about another school when asked to describe another school by one of their reporters. That happens all the time by multiple kids in our class each cycle. We know what that looks like. BUT He flat out said LSU is probaly still his favorite school in that article. That def does not sit well with me. That is a whole other level of playing games. 

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This feels different than a regular situation of a kid enjoying the visits and playing the game and being positive about another school when asked by another school by one of their reporters. That happens all the time by multiple kids in our class each cycle. We know what that looks like. BUT He flat out said LSU is probaly still his favorite school in that article. That def does not sit well with me. That is a whole other level of playing games. 

Agree. I’m sure it happens to every school and I don’t know it but, damn, we seem to get one or two of these game-players every year...and much of the time seems to not turn out well for us. Oh well, such is life recruiting with the big boys I guess. Sigh....

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

You lose your Auburn recruiting card!

tenor.gif?itemid=10030621

I wasn't following recruiting back then...Oh well.

IMG_1277.GIF

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

This is not a TJY situation at all. To me that was one of the worst backstabs I can remember. That wasn't typical recruiting stuff that was a game set up by Saban just being a jerk (I could call it other stuff but I won't). GP is just enjoying the process and the attention right now. I'm guessing he will still end up at Auburn but I would not be surprised if it's not a show between now and then. He is big time and he knows it and is enjoying the attention.  I think he is a good kid. TJY was on the take.

Hope you're right. FTR Bama privately flipped TJY in October the year he signed after he had been committed to AU for a while. He went public right after the dead period started in December.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

I have been quoted by Ellitor the great.  Life is good?

I'm not great. I just have a loud internet mouth.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This feels different than a regular situation of a kid enjoying the visits and playing the game and being positive about another school when asked by another school by one of their reporters. That happens all the time by multiple kids in our class each cycle. We know what that looks like. BUT He flat out said LSU is probaly still his favorite school in that article. That def does not sit well with me. That is a whole other level of playing games. 

Yes I am a little worried now that I have seen the LSU quote. I said a few months back that they were a threat for him. My hope is that he will see our upside and their downside and stay with us.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This feels different than a regular situation of a kid enjoying the visits and playing the game and being positive about another school when asked to describe another school by one of their reporters. That happens all the time by multiple kids in our class each cycle. We know what that looks like. BUT He flat out said LSU is probaly still his favorite school in that article. That def does not sit well with me. That is a whole other level of playing games. 

At 28 or 29 years old do you have any hair left or is it all grey from the worrying about recruits. Its a long ways till signing day. :poke:just got to go with the flow and let the bag man do his/her job

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

At 28 or 29 years old do you have any hair left or is it all grey from the worrying about recruits. Its a long ways till signing day. :poke:just got to go with the flow and let the bag man do his/her job

Pickens is a legit 5 star recruit and is a absolutely freak of nature. I say he is well worth the worrying. He is a absolute game changer for a QB. It is crucial to hold on to him. He has been with us a year almost by now so some of us are def invested in him. As for my hair?  lol well..............  WOOOOOO!!!!!! LETS GOOOO!!!!!!

sp.gif

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

Yes I am a little worried now that I have seen the LSU quote. I said a few months back that they were a threat for him. My hope is that he will see our upside and their downside and stay with us.

That was you?! My bad fam. I knew someone said that on here and said to watch out and be worried for LSU if they turned the heat up on him but I could not remember who. Thanks for the insight!

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Speaking of the Bagman, has Danny Sheridan outed him (or her) yet?

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Speaking of the Bagman, has Danny Sheridan outed him (or her) yet?

No. But just you wait! Scott Moore will have those Cam Newton tapes any day now. lol.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

yep here it is

Big Bird GIF

Looks like he had a few too many of your PBRs.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, bigbird said:

You would hope that the loss last year and the manner in which we lost pisses Gus off enough he wants to embarrass them like he does Arky

It usually does with Gus. Circle games bring out inspired Coordinator Gus that I wish we could see every week. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

It usually does with Gus. Circle games bring out inspired Coordinator Gus that I wish we could see every week. 

I hope he does something like this for LSU...

517368960.jpg

Gus should eat some grass before the game. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

I hope he does something like this for LSU...

517368960.jpg

Before every game we need to give Gus motivation to sharpen his Sharpe. For Example .. look what Washington did to your favorite restaurant.  

waffle-house-12a9c851161f330f.jpg

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

It will be a battle to the very end imo. But I think we win

This. 

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

It will be a battle to the very end imo. But I think we win

d8d906fe-3532-41f9-87ed-2c24131c6ed7_tex

Archived