2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

Not sure which poster or posters have said it the past few months but Keith has come around to what you are hearing. Now says LSU is the biggest threat. Feel free to chime in & take your credit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably already posted but in the spirit on using this thread for Pickens and not other shenanigans:

His top end speed might not be the best but the dude uses his size well and is a redzone nightmare. Fights for the ball well. Hope his grades are holding up well. Kid is a monster and would be an excellent addition to an already stout receiver group.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure which poster or posters have said it the past few months but Keith has come around to what you are hearing. Now says LSU is the biggest threat. Feel free to chime in & take your credit.

Some poster said LSU was our biggest threat like over a year ago. We need to find this guy because he is better than the pseduo insiders that we have now. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Some poster said LSU was our biggest threat like over a year ago. We need to find this guy because he is better than the pseduo insiders that we have now. 

1 out of 1 is way too small sample size to say all that.

Just now, ellitor said:

1 out of 1 is way too small sample size to say all that.

His 1 out of 1 is way more impressive than what any of our guys have done. 

Some people have connections only to specific recruits/players/coaches etc. and I think their info is still very valuable. Not all “insiders” have access to the whole program. I’ve got a very good connection to one of our current starters and I’ve gotten some decent info from them throughout the year. Calling LSU out as a threat that long ago is pretty impressive 

3 minutes ago, chimes said:

Some people have connections only to specific recruits/players/coaches etc. and I think they’re info is still very valuable. Not all “insiders” have access to the whole program. I’ve got a very good connection to one of our current starters and I’ve gotten some decent info from them throughout the year. Calling LSU out as a threat that long ago is pretty impressive 

Exactly & Thank you!

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Exactly & Thank you!

That was me. But I certainly don't have any sources about any other players and don't know what GP is thinking now. I do think if we get a quality OC we can keep him. But I do think that all the bashing the fans are doing doesn't help with any of our recruits. I wish everyone would just stop and if you have to criticize wait until after recruiting is over. I do think  it would help with some GP being one. So I would say that if we lose him it is just as much the fans fault as it is Gus's. Nobody wants to come to a place where the fans treat people the way we do.

7 minutes ago, bg5 said:

That was me. But I certainly don't have any sources about any other players and don't know what GP is thinking now. I do think if we get a quality OC we can keep him. But I do think that all the bashing the fans are doing doesn't help with any of our recruits. I wish everyone would just stop and if you have to criticize wait until after recruiting is over. I do think  it would help with some GP being one. So I would say that if we lose him it is just as much the fans fault as it is Gus's. Nobody wants to come to a place where the fans treat people the way we do.

This place and most AU places I have seen are REALLY REALLY good about not bashing any of the players. There is honestly no better program out there than Auburn when it comes to how much love the fans got for their players. 

12 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So I would say that if we lose him it is just as much the fans fault as it is Gus's.

I get where you're coming from, but this is some serious hyperbole. 

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I get where you're coming from, but this is some serious hyperbole. 

Probably but would you want to go somewhere were the fan base is just constantly bashing the coach (even if he deserves it). I was on the bus , now I'm off but I don't feel the need to day after day after day just keep on with the Gus bashing. There is almost no one on this board that we don't know how they feel ,either way, it just gets old with me. I just want it to stop long enough that we get this very talented group in the house. Then people can do what they want again. But if anyone thinks it doesn't have an effect they are fooling themselves.  

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This place and most AU places I have seen are REALLY REALLY good about not bashing any of the players. There is honestly no better program out there than Auburn when it comes to how much love the fans got for their players. 

I was more referring to Gus.

22 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I was more referring to Gus.

Well I am def guilty there!!!!!!! touche! hahaha.

23 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Probably but would you want to go somewhere were the fan base is just constantly bashing the coach (even if he deserves it). I was on the bus , now I'm off but I don't feel the need to day after day after day just keep on with the Gus bashing. There is almost no one on this board that we don't know how they feel ,either way, it just gets old with me. I just want it to stop long enough that we get this very talented group in the house. Then people can do what they want again. But if anyone thinks it doesn't have an effect they are fooling themselves.  

Most of the players who have committed to us will stay with us irregardless of what we say on this board. But I think you are correct that some players could be influenced by the constant bashing of the coach (Even if the coach deserves it). I have no problem with posters letting us know what they think about the job that Gus has done but when some say they won't let their kids play at Auburn because of Gus or find a way on every post on every topic to get in a cut on Gus it is excessive.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

...and is a redzone nightmare. 

We're gonna start throwing in the red zone now?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Have we done it since Marshall to CJU to beat Miss St?

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I would like to say we have thrown it in the endzone more this year from the red zone (as in this year it was not long bomb passes from Stidham like last year that gave us the passing touchdown).  Do not have any stats but I remember TD passes to Sal, and and a bunch to Seth Williams this year.  

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't forget Sean threw one. Didn't go so well. Gus hasn't gotten out of 2nd gear since. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

We did it the first game this season..

20 hours ago, bg5 said:

Agreed, and another reason why I push back against all of the family propaganda.  People went after J Johnson pretty hard. 

Archived