2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nothing that I know of concerning George. My post said this past weekend which was George’s official visit to Auburn. I guess you didn’t visit the visitors thread pinned at the top of the recruiting forum LOL

If this post doesn’t sum up ellitor in a nutshell then I don’t know what does

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chimes said:

If this post doesn’t sum up ellitor in a nutshell then I don’t know what does

You asked what happened this weekend. "Happened" is past tense. "This" is current or coming tense. For them to be in the same tense they either needed to be "happened this past weekend" or last used instead of this as in "happened last weekend". I'm sorry I was confused by your sentence structure & didn't know what weekend you were referring to. Lastly, since I don't recall you posting in the OV thread I had no way of knowing if you knew George OVed AU last weekend.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

You asked what happened this weekend. "Happened" is past tense. "This" is current or coming tense. For them to be in the same tense they either needed to be "happened this past weekend" or last used instead of this as in "happened last weekend". I'm sorry I was confused by your sentence structure & didn't know what weekend you were referring to. Lastly, since I don't recall you posting in the OV thread I had no way of knowing if you knew George OVed AU last weekend.

Don’t ever change

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

O...M...G.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

In all seriousness, did he visit 12/7-12/9, or 11/30-12/2?

What frustrates me is nobody will explain to me what I am missing. For example I love the Spaceballs clip above but I don't see how it applies to me. Even if it's mind-numbingly dumb in your opinion please someone say what all these veiled things mean about me instead of skirting about some joke about me that I am apparently not cool enough to know. I'd rather know even if it's an insult than not know. People have been doing this type stuff my whole life without being straight forward & I can't tell you how frustrating that is.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What frustrates me is nobody will explain to me what I am missing. For example I love the Spaceballs clip above but I don't see how it applies to me. Even if it's mind-numbingly dumb in your opinion please someone say what all these veiled things mean about me instead of skirting about some joke about me that I am apparently not cool enough to know. I'd rather know even if it's an insult than not know. People have been doing this type stuff my whole life without being straight forward & I can't tell you how frustrating that is.

Let me take a swing at it.  In regards to recruiting, posts may be taken a little to literally, or intensely.  I think a lot of people come to this side of the forum to get "cheered up" as generally this side is more positive as we look to our future.  Most people are more relaxed.  I think you may approach it like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.  As in, people's posts are not taken in the sarcastic or good spiritedness that was intended.  Taken a little too literally I suppose you might say.  I say this in all due respect as the recruiting forum would be lost without your hard, dedicated work.  Myself included, we all appreciate what you do for us.

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Let me take a swing at it.  In regards to recruiting, posts may be taken a little to literally, or intensely.  I think a lot of people come to this side of the forum to get "cheered up" as generally this side is more positive as we look to our future.  Most people are more relaxed.  I think you may approach it like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.  As in, people's posts are not taken in the sarcastic or good spiritedness that was intended.  Taken a little too literally I suppose you might say.  I say this in all due respect as the recruiting forum would be lost without your hard, dedicated work.  Myself included, we all appreciate what you do for us.

Thanks but none of that is new info. And it has gotten to the point at times that when I reply to a sarcastic or figurative post with a factual post people assume I missed the sarcasm or figurativeness. I definitely miss it sometimes but the reality is I often reply with factual posts so people know exactly what is going on. I guess anytime I reply to a sarcastic/figurative post with a factual post from now on I will say I know the OP is fugurative or sarcastic & then go on with my point.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks but none of that is new info. And it has gotten to the point at times that when I reply to a sarcastic or figurative post with a factual post people assume I missed the sarcasm or figurativeness. I definitely miss it sometimes but the reality is I often reply with factual posts so people know exactly what is going on. I guess anytime I reply to a sarcastic/figurative post with a factual post from now on I will say I know the OP is fugurative or sarcastic & then go on with my point.

Well at least with me you will always know if I am serious or not.  I try to go out of my way to be overly sarcastic or to make fun of myself.  Just know that no one is making fun of you personally as you are one of the most respected people on this forum.

giphy.gif

On 12/6/2018 at 8:25 AM, ellitor said:

That's because Sean had accuracy issues past 25 yards.

Yep. makes a difference n stretching the field. He definitely had problems here....

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Ellitor, I’ve been interacting with you for years now- since well before the merger - and I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. I think you’re a well intentioned guy but oftentimes having a conversation with you is like talking to Arnold in T2. Arnold was awesome and saved humanity and you’re definitely appreciated for the legwork you put in regarding Auburn football. That being said, sometimes I wonder if you’re really just some elaborate computer code that’s been programmed to track Auburn recruiting 

2 minutes ago, chimes said:

Ellitor, I’ve been interacting with you for years now- since well before the merger - and I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. I think you’re a well intentioned guy but oftentimes having a conversation with you is like talking to Arnold in T2. Arnold was awesome and saved humanity and you’re definitely appreciated for the legwork you put in regarding Auburn football. That being said, sometimes I wonder if you’re really just some elaborate computer code that’s been programmed to track Auburn recruiting 

LMAO 

47 minutes ago, chimes said:

Burn.....🤣

55 minutes ago, chimes said:

Thanks! So you're saying at least in terms of message board interaction I miss the humanity part of written words sometimes? That's a fair critique & I'm not offended. Is there anything more...

Damn! I feel like DATA in a Star Trek: Next Generation episode.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks! So you're saying at least in terms of message board interaction I miss the humanity part of written words sometimes? That's a fair critique & I'm not offended. Is there anything more...

E you do a great job!!! Everyone ( well most everyone) loves you and your incites. Because they like you they like to mess with you. Some of it is over my head too.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

509A8EBE-8EBF-44F4-BD32-C3735228781A.gif

E. My two cents. 

You do not need to reply to every post.  (And I know you do not literally), but it sometimes feels like it is E vs the board instead of E and the board.  

Said differently,  it seems like a hobby to us,  where it is a job to you.   

I do value you and all bring to us. ... Thank You. 

Sorry, I hate to interrupt - 

Was there ever a note made about his OV and the latest/greatest since his OV?  Sure would be nice if he came in with Bo (I know incredible understatement).

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Said didferently,  it seems like a hobby to us,  where it is a job to you.   

Couldn't be a job. I like it to much. Lol. Maybe addiction is an unfortunate better phrase.

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Well at least with me you will always know if I am serious or not.  I try to go out of my way to be overly sarcastic or to make fun of myself.  Just know that no one is making fun of you personally as you are one of the most respected people on this forum.

giphy.gif

This is my new favorite GIF  and well said by the way. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

1390119331665.gif

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sad thing is Sheldon annoys me just like everyone else. LOL

I actually like Sheldon...He cracks me up.  Course I'm a BIG BBT fan.  Also love Young Sheldon just as much.  Sorry for the derail.

So to bring all this back to George, he is enamored with LSU & I can't see it as anything more than they were his childhood #1 team. I mean Joe Burrow is a gamer but he's not going to light the world up passing. Myles Brennan has potential but will he develop? The rest are walk ons or former walk ons. Peter Parish is a low 4* committed to them but he seems like a guy better suited for our offense than an Ensminger O...Still I guess there is something to be said for LSU WRs getting developed in college even with average to poor QB play: OBJ, Jarvis Landry are the stand outs.

Archived