2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

14 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Blesss it. Even trolls need love too. 

We all need love brother. But our definition of a troll is much different. I do find it kinda funny and even a ironic at how mad some of you are. And the hate being spewed at an 18 year old kid. And listen, I get why some are feeling the way they are. Just think of the Derrick Brown situation. It is the exact same scenario, just reversed. Karma is a, well you know.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

We all need love brother. But our definition of a troll is much different. I do find it kinda funny and even a ironic at how mad some of you are. And the hate being spewed at an 18 year old kid. And listen, I get why some are feeling the way they are. Just think of the Derrick Brown situation. It is the exact same scenario, just reversed. Karma is a, well you know.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. Derrick Brown was never committed to the Pups. Pickens was committed to us for over 500 days man. Wow. This is a horrid take.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Pickens signing with UGA is no different from Ross signing with Clemson last year. They both made decisions based on what would be the best for their careers. 

Ross went to Clemson because his mother demanded that he go to college far, far away from Phenix City. She didn't want him in easy driving distance to his old stomping grounds.

Just now, Mikey said:

Ross went to Clemson because his mother demanded that he go to college far, far away from Phenix City. She didn't want him in easy driving distance to his old stomping grounds.

That may be true but clemson is WR U these days. That played a big role as well. He made the right choice. Any young stud WR should want to go to clemson with how they are churning out NFL talent at WR. 

On 2/8/2019 at 11:32 PM, GwillMac6 said:

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE. Derrick Brown was never committed to the Pups. Pickens was committed to us for over 500 days man. Wow. This is a horrid take.

Well brown wasn’t committed to us for 500 days. But he absolutely told our staff that he was coming the day before signing day, which in turn caused us to turn away another kid, only to be left holding our jock on signing day. But all of this holier than thou crap is hillarious. Like y’all are above that kind of stuff. And auburn accusing anyone of paying recruits is just plain silly.

No one paid anyone, nor did anyone tell Pickens to wait until signing day to flip. Hell we didn’t know we were getting him u til right before he announced. We told Pickens and Elam that we had one spot left. Whoever took the spot first was in. But it is nice to know that Kirby is in all of yall’s heads.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

That played a big role as well.

It wasn't playing any role at all until Mama got back home from overseas and put her foot down about Ross going to college a long way from Phenix City.

1 minute ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

But he absolutely told our staff that he was coming the day before signing day,

That's BS. There are people here that follow this stuff year after year and remember things.  Go tell lies elsewhere, someone there might believe this bull. Nobody here is  going to swallow it.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:41 PM, Christopher Bozeman said:

Well brown wasn’t committed to us for 500 days. But he absolutely told our staff that he was coming the day before signing day, which in turn caused us to turn away another kid, only to be left holding our jock on signing day. But all of this holier than thou crap is hillarious. Like y’all are above that kind of stuff. And auburn accusing anyone of paying recruits is just plain silly.

No one paid anyone, nor did anyone tell Pickens to wait until signing day to flip. Hell we didn’t know we were getting him u til right before he announced. We told Pickens and Elam that we had one spot left. Whoever took the spot first was in. But it is nice to know that Kirby is in all of yall’s heads.

You are a Georgia fan? not appropriate here

3 minutes ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Lol, I will just leave this here then it’s off to bed. Goodnight.F99812-E0-1697-4-F76-88-D7-459864-AB5917

You are annoying, but not as bad as some. About Pickens, had he not handled his affairs like some slimeball we'd have been sorry to lose him. Now, after he's revealed the kind of person he and his handlers are, we cordially thank the DullDawgs for taking this problem off our hands.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You are annoying, but not as bad as some. About Pickens, had he not handled his affairs like some slimeball we'd have been sorry to lose him. Now, after he's revealed the kind of person he and his handlers are, we cordially thank the DullDawgs for taking this problem off our hands.

Man, I get why you guys are pissed. Really I do. It has happened to every team at one time or another. But seriously, take a second and remove your emotions from the equation. He is an 18 year old kid, who was obviously torn in making his decision. I don’t believe for one second (and I think if most of you are honest, you would agree) that he thought to hisself “hey let me screw over auburn and their fans and leave them high and dry”. Nor did Kirby tell him to wait and do it last second. 

Yes he had been committed for almost two years. But in the month or so leading up to the final signing day. Most had us leading to get his commitment. Then a week or so out, the rumors where Tennessee was his leader. And then after he made the trip to auburn after his OV to ole miss I think, (or Tennessee I can’t remember) he cut it short and showed up on the plains and spent some time with some of your players. And since then most everyone said he would stick with y’all. My point is. This couldn’t/shouldn’t have been a huge shock when you really think about it. He obviously was going back and forth in his head on where he was going to sign. And you could tell when he made his announcement that he knew it wasn’t going to go over well (and it didn’t).

i think it was simply timing. If NSD had been Tuesday it may have been a different story, same if had been on Thursday. He was genuinely torn, imo. But I don’t believe it was done with any malice or forethought to hurt Auburn (although it did, solely because there wasn’t time for y’all to try and find a replacement). But imo, the person y’all should be most upset with is GM. Every Tom, Dick, or Harry knew that his commitment was anything but solid when he didn’t sign on ESD. So if the casual follower of recruiting knew it was a crapshoot where he would sign, Malzahn had to know as well.

But at least you guys are fairly set at that position. And I understand that him leaving y’all at the alter (especially for us) really chaps your ass. If your honest with yourself you know that an 18 year old kid had no reason to want to “punk y’all” as someone put it. There is no reason for him to want to hurt y’all. It was just one of those recruiting things that happen quite often, and to everyone at some time or other.

That is my honest take on the whole deal. Peace.

5 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

And auburn accusing anyone of paying recruits is just plain silly. Two words, scam newton.

And that’s when you lost your credibility.

1 hour ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

But imo, the person y’all should be most upset with is GM. Every Tom, Dick, or Harry knew that his commitment was anything but solid when he didn’t sign on ESD. So if the casual follower of recruiting knew it was a crapshoot where he would sign, Malzahn had to know as well.

Are you suggesting that we are supposed to tell every recruit that wants to enjoy the recruiting process to hit the road? That’s not how recruiting works. If anything I’d be concerned Gus was that insecure. It’s not like Gus stopped recruiting him either, so no this isn’t on Gus.

2 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

But I don’t believe it was done with any malice or forethought to hurt Auburn (although it did, solely because there wasn’t time for y’all to try and find a replacement).

Sure, whatever you say. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

And that’s when you lost your credibility.

Are you suggesting that we are supposed to tell every recruit that wants to enjoy the recruiting process to hit the road? That’s not how recruiting works. If anything I’d be concerned Gus was that insecure. It’s not like Gus stopped recruiting him either, so no this isn’t on Gus.

Sure, whatever you say. 

Well really it isn’t on anyone. It is on an 18 year old kid making the biggest decision of his life up to this point. And people who are so obsessed that they would wish bodily harm to a kid over his choice of colleges has issues. And yes it is on Gus to prepare for this to happen especially when the writing is on the wall for everyone to see. If he or you couldn’t see that this might/probably was going to happen then shame on them. It is a game played by kids, not life or death. Have a great weekend.

7 minutes ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

And people who are so obsessed that they would wish bodily harm to a kid over his choice of colleges has issues.

I agree. Who has done this? 

8 minutes ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

And yes it is on Gus to prepare for this to happen especially when the writing is on the wall for everyone to see. I

What makes you think he wasn’t prepared for the flip. This isn’t Gus’s first time he was screwed over. 

10 minutes ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Have a great weekend.

Twist my arm

Wow...we're did these guys come from ?   Hope this is not a regular thing.  I have no interest in arguing with a+++h+++  like that or even sorting through their BS.

8 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

Not sure why you are quoting me and then talking about hate, etc. I don’t hate him and never said such. I’m also not crazy mad like you are suggesting. 

But yes, I would say that you coming to an AU site to run your mouth is the def of trolling, but what do I know? 🤷🏼‍♀️

And don’t call me brother. Women can follow recruiting too. 

20 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Not sure why you are quoting me and then talking about hate, etc. I don’t hate him and never said such. I’m also not crazy mad like you are suggesting. 

But yes, I would say that you coming to an AU site to run your mouth is the def of trolling, but what do I know? 🤷🏼‍♀️

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Good response...

I mean.....if a neighbor's dog comes onto your yard and takes a crap,....once? maybe you ignore it and clean it up....but if the dawg does it again, are you just supposed to just put up with the smell and leave the dumps where they are?       Nope time to take some action against the inconsiderate and untrained dawg......JMO

6 hours ago, Christopher Bozeman said:

And then after he made the trip to auburn after his OV to ole miss I think, (or Tennessee I can’t remember) he cut it short and showed up on the plains and spent some time with some of your players.

During that visit he lied to those players who had befriended him for long months and told them he was going to sign with Auburn Wednesday. Then he stabbed them in the back. I'm glad you DullDawgs have him and his slimy entourage. It's a good match.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:39 PM, GwillMac6 said:

That may be true but clemson is WR U these days. That played a big role as well. He made the right choice. Any young stud WR should want to go to clemson with how they are churning out NFL talent at WR. 

Ross made at least 2 spectacular catches in the national championship game and was huge in the national semi-final game as well. He knew exactly what he was doing going to Clemson. His momma’s input may have been part of it but nobody can argue that he didn’t make a clear-eyed decision about what was best for him football-wise. And, he chose wisely.

32 minutes ago, fredst said:

Ross made at least 2 spectacular catches in the national championship game and was huge in the national semi-final game as well. He knew exactly what he was doing going to Clemson. His momma’s input may have been part of it but nobody can argue that he didn’t make a clear-eyed decision about what was best for him football-wise. And, he chose wisely.

Probably so for Ross....but UGA is not a passing team and has a pretty conventional offense with two running backs in recent years.   

Since we are discussing GP,  would have made more sense for him to pick a program where throwing the ball was the key factor in their offense.   Winning program ?   sorta but if he wanted to go somewhere other than AU, he should have gone to bama if he wanted to catch passes and play in championships :)

41 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was discussing Ross since he had been mentioned.

understand...but OP was about Pickens and I was back on topic ...and questioning why he picked Uga.  

And I did agree with you on Ross.... the Ross decision made sense....passing offense and reasonable distance from home.  ,,,

Archived