2019 5* WR George Pickens Flips to UGA

ellitor

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

What are we telling our receiving corps about our plans for the future?

For this class, Bo Nix.

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

With 2 dual threat qbs coming up, does this limit our recruiting messaging?

Nope & Bo is a pocket passer that can move.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shabby said:

I hope we retain this guy. The thought of a talented 6ft 5in tall wide receiver seems like a  big deal. What are we pitching these guys. Stidham has 1 year left (likely). What are we telling our receiving corps about our plans for the future? With 2 dual threat qbs coming up, does this limit our recruiting messaging?

I wouldn’t think so as long as CCL is running the offense! I know that’s a question for some on here though.

30 minutes ago, shabby said:

I hope we retain this guy. The thought of a talented 6ft 5in tall wide receiver seems like a  big deal. What are we pitching these guys. Stidham has 1 year left (likely). What are we telling our receiving corps about our plans for the future? With 2 dual threat qbs coming up, does this limit our recruiting messaging?

Why would dual threat QBs limit recruiting WRs? Also, Pickens is in Bo Nix's class...

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why would dual threat QBs limit recruiting WRs? Also, Pickens is in Bo Nix's class...

Bo and Pickens play on same 7x7 team so pickens knows Bo can get him the ball.

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Bo and Pickens play on same 7x7 team so pickens knows Bo can get him the ball.

Exactly. If we don't get a WR in this class that we wanted, it's not because of the QBs we've recruited. 

Now, if they want to take a long, hard look at our production the last few years...

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Now, if they want to take a long, hard look at our production the last few years...

Our passing production was actually better last year than some of the "passing schools" in the South.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Our passing production was actually better last year than some of the "passing schools" in the South.

Yes, but we just had a guy shatter our total receptions record with 84 and he didn't even sniff 1,000 yards. We haven't had a bigger outside guy do squat since 2014. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, but we just had a guy shatter our total receptions record with 84 and he didn't even sniff 1,000 yards. We haven't had a bigger outside guy do squat since 2014. 

Fair point.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is a highlight vid but what a duo they are, we must keep Pickens. Was the other WR Haselwood? If we get him too I would :yay:

Also heard there was some scuttlebutt about Cam’s behavior as a coach at this 7v7 tourney.  Something about him not being able to handle the smack talk back from kids not participating in the tournament.  Don’t think it is really a big deal but probably needs to let the kids do the taunting and celebrating.  

Plus a little disappointed in the behavior of all these young men in how they are carrying themselves.  It’s a sad day when sportsmanship dies.  Not calling out any particular player but you guys see the highlights it’s just about all of them.  Looks and feels like some AAU basketball tourneys you go to where music is being played and they have a mic man doing play by play but it’s not real play by blah it’s showing up and showing out play... if you’ve seen it you know what I’m talking about

25 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Also heard there was some scuttlebutt about Cam’s behavior as a coach at this 7v7 tourney.  Something about him not being able to handle the smack talk back from kids not participating in the tournament.  Don’t think it is really a big deal but probably needs to let the kids do the taunting and celebrating.  

Oh dear. What you heard is likely blown WAY out of proportion. Some kid mouthed off about the Super Bowl, Cam punked him out, everyone laughed and the kid put it on Twitter so more people could enjoy it.

It's getting a little insane how much people are bothered by athletes enjoying themselves while *playing a game*.

Takes 5 seconds to google the video and see that is not as big of a deal at all. If anything people have laughed about it . No I will not post a link.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, McLoofus said:

Exactly. If we don't get a WR in this class that we wanted, it's not because of the QBs we've recruited. 

Last year we threw for the third most yds in the conference with only the seventh most attempts. I would consider that pretty good production. We threw for a lot of yds and was very efficient doing it. The 2 previous years we did not have the QB that we do now. 

IMO if WR look at last years production they will be well pleased.

5 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Last year we threw for the third most yds in the conference with only the seventh most attempts. I would consider that pretty good production. We threw for a lot of yds and was very efficient doing it. The 2 previous years we did not have the QB that we do now. 

IMO if WR look at last years production they will be well pleased.

And which future NFL WR from last year do they see themselves emulating? Ryan Davis was awesome with his 76 catches- good for 6th most yardage in the league, even if he was 2nd lowest in ypc among the top 20 in the fearsome passing league that is the SEC- but who from last year is a 6'2 200 lb guy going to look at and say, "Yeah, I want them to use me like *that*"?

Stid was 36th in the country in passing, btw. Still pretty phenomenal by Auburn standards, under any head coach.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Takes 5 seconds to google the video and see that is not as big of a deal at all. If anything people have laughed about it . No I will not post a link.

DM?

17 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Last year we threw for the third most yds in the conference with only the seventh most attempts. I would consider that pretty good production. We threw for a lot of yds and was very efficient doing it.

Thank God for Ryan Davis & those slip screens...

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will play nice 

If that's all it was it wasn't even worth a discussion IMO.

Pickens is a future top 10 pick in my opinion. Really hope we keep him, it’s past our time for a true game changer at WR. @McLoofus I believe it was you  that said what I’m about to say, but correct me if I’m wrong. We better learn how to use our talent at WR or it’s really not going to matter.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

We better learn how to use our talent at most positions at WR or it’s really not going to matter.

FIFY. We've had a number of players at a lot of positions that were under used.

8 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Pickens is a future top 10 pick in my opinion. Really hope we keep him, it’s past our time for a true game changer at WR. @McLoofus I believe it was you  that said what I’m about to say, but correct me if I’m wrong. We better learn how to use our talent at WR or it’s really not going to matter.

You, me and several others, Mav. Fingers crossed.

Pickens has proven himself in games, and in 7on7's and in growth that he is elite. IMO he should be a 5 *. Any chance of this happening?

31 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Any chance of this happening?

Yes. Has to have a strong Week at The Opening in a couple weeks & hope ESPN is open to moving him up, which they can be stringent in doing.

Was told today by a connected source at bama that Saban has put himself in charge of Picken's recruitment this year.  Saban thinks Pickens is a game changer.  Hope like hell we hold on to him.

Archived